official 25 player list for the prem?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

official 25 player list for the prem?

Postby mr_nool » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:14 pm

was on holiday until yesterday, so i might have missed it, but has the 25 player list for the premier league been released? If not, when will it be definitive? Is it 100% certain that Bellamy, Ireland ans Santa won't make it?

I take it that everyone who played on saturday will have to be on the list, but what about players who were on the bench,like Jo?
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Re: official 25 player list for the prem?

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:15 pm

mr_nool wrote:was on holiday until yesterday, so i might have missed it, but has the 25 player list for the premier league been released? If not, when will it be definitive? Is it 100% certain that Bellamy, Ireland ans Santa won't make it?

I take it that everyone who played on saturday will have to be on the list, but what about players who were on the bench,like Jo?

end of the month nooly
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby mr_nool » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:16 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
mr_nool wrote:was on holiday until yesterday, so i might have missed it, but has the 25 player list for the premier league been released? If not, when will it be definitive? Is it 100% certain that Bellamy, Ireland ans Santa won't make it?

end of the month nooly

cheers, but can we exclude player we've already used, and introduce new in their places?
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:18 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

end of the month nooly

cheers, but can we exclude player we've already used, and introduce new in their places?

we can do what we want until the 31st august when we have to name 25 officially until 1st Jan
Wonderwall

Postby mr_nool » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:21 pm

thanks again WW! Doesn't make sense at all to me at all, but I haven't taken the time toscrutinize the new rule. However, I think the rule should coincide with the season, not the transfer window. or maybe it is the transfer window which should be changed so it ends at the start of the season.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:23 pm

its all bollocks, thats for sure, it will probably be scrapped next season.
Wonderwall

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:14 pm

Nooly, you can play as many players as you want until the end of the month, then you've got to pick your 25. Strangely enough, that is when the window shuts and players who are battling and just miss out, have nowhere to go but the reserves.

Read something the other day which said that due to this rule, over 400 players are already out of employment and that they estimate it hitting the 7 to 800 mark by time the lists are published. Also, a lot of the losers here are those players who fall into the 3 years Academy rule and have turned 21. They have been moved out of their clubs to accommodate the new rules, at a time when they could actually turn out to be a damn fine player - clubs just can't take the risk.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby edgeley blue » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:48 pm

Another shit rule that hasnt been thought out properly, What is the point in it? Home growners are mainly foriegn so it wont help England and players at big clubs are going to be clicking their heels in the reserves or not play at all until Jan. It wont help the domestic cup comps, because every club will play the second string to either keep players happy or try and give them match time.

If the clubs play in Europe, then they could play upto 70 games a season and they are not going to be at the best in each one, if it is to help balance things out between rich or poor, then hey lets have Stoke and the likes make a challenge for trophys' then be prepared for the prem to die on its arse. When that happens, sky fuck off and teams go bust.

Football has always been about availability and hard cash, I might be paranoid but this stinks of stopping City dominating all and sundry as we have the most cash atm! Who runs and owns football? Not us.

As a footnote, if I, a Manchester born and bred fella had billions and did the same as Sheik Mansour, would I then be seen as ruining the english game or a "isnt it good that he wants to bring success to his home town club". For me racism takes many forms.
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:14 am

Wonderwall wrote:its all bollocks, thats for sure, it will probably be scrapped next season.

Completely. It's a one hit wonder.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Return to The Maine Football forum