What the hell has happened to my beloved club?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

What the hell has happened to my beloved club?

Postby crossan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:43 pm

Sorry its not the same club that I have been following since 1964,they treat players like Bellamy and Ireland abismally,we have so many glory hunters suddenly becoming City fans its a joke................Joe Mercer and Albert Alexander must be turning in their graves,its not Manchester City as I have known it,it pains me to say that it really does,we are unrecognisable,paying ridiculous transfer fees and wages to unproven players Ballotelli for example,I am at a loss to comprehend the terrible thought that 'my club' no longer exists.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Re: What the hell has happened to my beloved club?

Postby Beeks » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:45 pm

crossan wrote:we have so many glory hunters suddenly becoming City fans its a joke.................

How can they be glory hunters?

We've not won anything yet!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby superkev8705 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:45 pm

As our chairman said. This is a new City that has kept its soul and evolved.
superkev8705
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Carlitos Tevez

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:49 pm

crossan wrote:Sorry its not the same club that I have been following since 1964,they treat players like Bellamy and Ireland abismally,we have so many glory hunters suddenly becoming City fans its a joke................Joe Mercer and Albert Alexander must be turning in their graves,its not Manchester City as I have known it,it pains me to say that it really does,we are unrecognisable,paying ridiculous transfer fees and wages to unproven players Ballotelli for example,I am at a loss to comprehend the terrible thought that 'my club' no longer exists.

Well we knew that the day would come. £48 for a ticket vs Liverpool would suggest that day is next Monday.

I cant stand the financial aspect, but i for one wont mourn the disorganisation, financial stupidity, etc etc of the past.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Kladze » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:53 pm

Yeah you're right of course Crossan. I also long to go back to those days when I could watch the rag bastards down the road celebrating a lucky treble while we were just about scraping ourselves out of the third tier.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby the_georgian_genius » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:54 pm

crossan wrote:they treat players like Bellamy and Ireland abismally

How have we?

We don't want either of them, ones part of a deal of a player we want. The other is being the disrespectful whinging shit he has been for the last 10 years.

This club has had the piss taken out of it by players over the years - think Barton wanting a 300k loyalty payment, Danny Mills sat on 30k a week for 5 years whilst commentating for BBC radio i could go on.
the_georgian_genius

Postby crossan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:55 pm

superkev8705 wrote:As our chairman said. This is a new City that has kept its soul and evolved.

IT HAS NOT KEPT ITS SOUL AND THAT'S A FACT,WE ARE WHAT CHELSEA WERE LIKE A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die.
crossan

Postby Kladze » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:57 pm

crossan wrote:
superkev8705 wrote:As our chairman said. This is a new City that has kept its soul and evolved.

IT HAS NOT KEPT ITS SOUL AND THAT'S A FACT,WE ARE WHAT CHELSEA WERE LIKE A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO.

That's not good then ....

Oh hang on .........
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby crossan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:57 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:

How have we?

We don't want either of them, ones part of a deal of a player we want. The other is being the disrespectful whinging shit he has been for the last 10 years.

This club has had the piss taken out of it by players over the years - think Barton wanting a 300k loyalty payment, Danny Mills sat on 30k a week for 5 years whilst commentating for BBC radio i could go on.

yes to be replaced by the likes of Balotelli and his ridiculous salary..................
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die.
crossan

Postby superkev8705 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:58 pm

We are not like Chelsea we are City and always will be. We are never like anyone. Anything we do is done our way, never like someone else. I would give my right bollock (nothing against the left one) for us to win something this season.
superkev8705
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Carlitos Tevez

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:00 pm

yeah, lets go back to being a fucking joke so the old timers can have unsullied consciences.

i have never seen us win FUCK ALL and for a large part of my life had been resigned to the fact WE NEVER WOULD.

fucking selfish maudlin threads like this do my head in, so fuck the tin hat bring it on.
Last edited by The Man In Blue on Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Man In Blue

Postby edgeley blue » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:01 pm

crossan wrote:

What do you want then?
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:02 pm

crossan wrote:

How have we?

yes to be replaced by the likes of Balotelli and his ridiculous salary..................

He is on £60k a week, but the redtops dont let the facts get in the way of a story about him demanding £180k a week.

I would say that getting rid of Ireland on £65k a week and Bellamy on upwards of £90k a week is good business.
Last edited by Im_Spartacus on Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Kladze » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:03 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:yeah, lets go back to being a fucking joke so the old timers can have unsullied consciences.

i have never seen us win FUCK ALL and for a large part of my life had been resigned to the fact WE NEVER WOULD.

fucking selfish maudlin threads like this do my head in, so fuck the tin hat bring it on.

Hey!
Us so called old timers want a trophy or three as well you know. Don't tar us all with the same brush because one self-indulgent hand wringer starts a ridiculous thread :-)
Last edited by Kladze on Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby the_georgian_genius » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:03 pm

crossan wrote:

How have we?

What is his ridiculous salary?
the_georgian_genius

Postby crossan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:04 pm

edgeley blue wrote:
crossan wrote:

What do you want then?

I don't want mercanary bastards coming in kissing the badge that they would have pissed on a few years ago obvously no names mentioned.Those players woulds not have touched us with a barge pole at one time.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die.
crossan

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:04 pm

Kladze wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:yeah, lets go back to being a fucking joke so the old timers can have unsullied consciences.

Hey!
Us so called old timers want a trophy or three as well you know. Don't tar us all with the same brush because one self-indulgent hand wringer starts a ridiculous thread :-)

sorry mate, i just feel some of the older blues forget our generation don't have the memories of success that they do.

crossan, are you colin schindler?
Last edited by The Man In Blue on Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Man In Blue

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:05 pm

As the old, "good old City" had been so gloriously unsuccessful and had won bollox all for 35 years, we decided we might like to be a bit more ruthless.Lets see if it works, I'd wager it will get a damn site close to winning something than we've seen for quite some time.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby crossan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:06 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:
Kladze wrote:

Hey!

sorry mate.

crossan, are you colin schindler?

Nine..................
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die.
crossan

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:06 pm

crossan wrote:
edgeley blue wrote:
crossan wrote:

What do you want then?

I don't want mercanary bastards coming in kissing the badge that they would have pissed on a few years ago obvously no names mentioned.Those players woulds not have touched us with a barge pole at one time.

Players have been mercenary since the day that clubs started paying them more than the blokes who worked down the mines. You have a very sepia tinted view of the past.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum