City - The Chavs That Won The Lottery (From A Wolves Fan)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

City - The Chavs That Won The Lottery (From A Wolves Fan)

Postby Craig B » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:39 pm

Just read this load of bollocks.. talk about sour grapes -

LINK

Man City - the chav that won the lottery
Posted by Daniel Pountney 35 minutes ago
Watching Spurs throw the kitchen sink at Man City, I found myself wanting them to score every time they went forward.
It made me realise that City – a team many of us used to like – are now a club that I want to fail. And fail spectacularly.
It’s like when Michael “Lotto Chav” Carroll won £10 million. For a while it was amusing and we all had a laugh when he started buying ridiculous things to amuse himself.
After a while though, all of the expensive toys simply looked vulgar.

It used to be easy to like City – forever in the shadow of their illustrious city sibling, a succession of passionate but flawed managers like Keegan and Pearce, and players that thrilled but never really achieved like Wanchope and Kinkaldze.
Now though they are the richest club in the world and are determined to buy their way to success.
Since they were taken over by the Abu Dhabi United Group in 2008, they have spent a staggering £455m and counting.
The £28 million theys pent on Yaya Toure is probably more than the total spending of any other club in the league this season.
Consequently, player for player they have probably now got the best squad in the Premier League.

The reason I wan’t them to fail though is that their clout is not as a result of sustained success, wise investment or even good business decisions to make them an attractive proposition for investors.
They simply won the lottery by being available as a very rich man’s plaything at the right time.
It probably sounds like sour grapes but I don’t begrudge the other wealthy teams their success.
Manchester United gave us a golden generation of English players – Scholes, Beckham, Butt, the Nevilles – by putting faith in youth when they could have just splashed the cash.
Chelsea’s best players are still Lampard and Terry and new young players like Sturridge are still taken on.
With City though, if you’re not a name that looks good in the owner’s treasure chest, forget it.
The best players at Eastlands for the last few years have been Bellamy, Ireland and before them Dunne.
The unfashionable defender was shipped off to Villa where he has been outstanding while Bellamy is outside of the match squad and Ireland is being offered cash to leave the club to make way for Milner – someone they simply don’t need.

Jez Moxey was amongst the leading voices pouring scorn on City at the weekend.
Here’s what the Wolves chief executive told the Express & Star:
“The Manchester City situation is not good for football in the Premier League.
“Not only are they contributing in a big way towards spiralling wages and unrealistic demands elsewhere, but there is a risk that they could garner all of the talent.
“It’s becoming so difficult for anyone else to compete both on a competitive and talent level but also on a financial level.
“And they’re only able to do it because they’ve got sovereign wealth behind them.
“I’m not sure that’s what I would want to see if I could control it. But I can’t so all I can control is what we do.
“Manchester City are trying to win the Premier League and dominate Europe — if they can — for certain reasons.
“Their owners want to promote themselves and the club, and they see that as a good way of doing it.
“They’ve got more money than they know what to do with and they’re investing with it.”
And about Stephen Ireland refusing to leave over reports that he wants a £2m ‘pay-off’ . . .
“It’s reported that he’s going to continue negotiating until he gets more and more money to leave.
“We run the risk of losing what the game is really about.
“It gets too distorted too easily when you have such wealth to buy the best players wherever they are in the world.
“But as we saw last season, sometimes buying the best talent doesn’t always means you’re going to be the most successful.”

Spot on Jez. I’m glad I’m not the only one hoping to see them fail.
If not for Joe Hart they would have at the weekend too. It could have been 5-0 to Tottenham on Saturday if not for the outstanding goalkeeper.
The young star – signed from League Two Shrewsbury! – was the best player in the Premier League in its opening weekend.
He’s the only player at the club that I want to see succeed.
Sadly though, in football as in life, money talks and it won’t be long before his team-mates get up to speed.

"..The object of playing any game is for enjoyment. If you have enjoyed it and done your best you have won no matter what the result." - Joe Mercer OBE
Craig B
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Re: City - The Chavs That Won The Lottery (From A Wolves Fan)

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:42 pm

What a bitter, jealous, obnoxious twat.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Beeks » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:43 pm

Give a fuck what Wolves think?
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby superkev8705 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:51 pm

Just ask yourself, would they have wrote that article if they would of been taken over????

No
superkev8705
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Carlitos Tevez

Postby Scatman » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:00 pm

ironic that one of the chelsea players he holds up as a beacon left us because we wouldn't give him enough money
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:06 pm

Weren't Wolves bankrolled by Jack Hayward? I can recall one Geoffrey Thomas saying he would walk to boyhood heroes Manchester City from Crystal Palace

Sadly, young Geoffrey was tired just as he was passing Wolverhampton on his long walk North, and signed for two or three times what City were offering.

Double Standards...all we are doing is playing the game which United, Arsenal, Chelsea Liverpool and to a lesser extent Newcastle and Blackburn started.

What they don't like is us playing the game and laying down a larger stake.
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby paulh » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:12 pm

what a tool! green envious eyes! wolves are my nearest prem ground since relocating from salford to telford used to have a soft spot for them and reading such drabble by this tool and jezz i hope they get relegated last day of season by their arch rivals the baggies

for the laugh somebody reply on this thread saying "forever in baggies shadow"
paulh
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: gareth barry

Postby Nutzer » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:14 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:What a bitter, jealous, obnoxious twat.

Couldn't put it better.
If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs, it's just possible that you haven't really grasped the gravity of the situation.
Nutzer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Mike Summerbee

Postby gillie » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:23 pm

And that golden generation of English players that the rags gave us won absolutely fuck all with England.What a twat!.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:28 pm

Hold the fuck on. Danny Sturridge? WTF???

Oh, and takeover or not, we wouldn't still be competing with Wolves.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Dazzacity » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:40 pm

People are just gettin obsessed with us !! everytime I go out, to the pub or night clubs etc, I always get people comin up to me saying shit like "you lot wont do fook all this season,blah blah blah" I just usually smile and say "we'll see, you just worry about your own club" .. Its best not to bite, but to give back a cool calm reply. Iv had people just walk away when I give them a reply on one of their comments on City, as they just cant fookin handle it lol..

Its unreal how bitter people are getting. I always hear shite like " you wont win fook all" ect, yet these people cant stop talkin about us!!.. If they dont think we will be a threat, why dont they just shut the fook up about us and watch us 'fail'..

The more they hate us, the more it will hurt them when we do win something..Let them boil.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Craig B » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:40 pm

What got me was when he claimed the Neville Brothers were part of a golden generation of English players - do me a fucking favour! PMSL! ;-)
"..The object of playing any game is for enjoyment. If you have enjoyed it and done your best you have won no matter what the result." - Joe Mercer OBE
Craig B
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Wooders » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:42 pm

Rag players have been costing us the world cup since '66 - even some of their own fans admit to that one

anyway

who cares what this cunt thinks?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Fish111 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:20 pm

Water off a ducks back lads. I couldn't give two fucks what other teams managers, players, chairmen & fans think of us. I want a trophy....... NO, WAIT, i want loads of trophies!!! And the prick who wrote that will hate us even more when he sees kids walking down his street in City shirts in 10 years time!! Ha Ha. Lovin it.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:48 pm

He was right about the name looking good on the treasure chest bit though.

Given the choice of 2 players with identical ability, one is a fan favourite and city legend, the other appeals to a wider commercial Market meaning more brand awareness. They choose the latter. Business men making business decisions.

The overlap of football decisions and business decisions is evident at our club now.
MARKMAKAVELI

Postby smurfsdabomb » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:57 pm

"The best players at Eastlands for the last few years have been Bellamy, Ireland and before them Dunne.
The unfashionable defender was shipped off to Villa where he has been outstanding while Bellamy is outside of the match squad and Ireland is being offered cash to leave the club to make way for Milner – someone they simply don’t need."

That part I agree with and doesn't sit easy with me. When Chelsea landed themselves in money they built a team to compliment the best players they already had, in particular Terry, Lampard and Gudjohnson. What City seem to be doing in showing no emotion whatsoever in their team and we've essentially lumped off our captain and player of the year for 4 successive seasons, player of the year in 2008/09 and probably the second best player of the year 09/10 and done all that needlessly. They wanted to play here, the fans liked them and don't tell me Dunne, Ireland and Bellamy aren't good enough for a top team, I simply don't buy it. For me if the club has no sentiment for its players, why should the fans have any sentiment for the club? Why shouldn't we all just support Barcelona because they're a better team instead?
smurfsdabomb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Kladze » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:00 pm

smurfsdabomb wrote:"The best players at Eastlands for the last few years have been Bellamy, Ireland and before them Dunne.
The unfashionable defender was shipped off to Villa where he has been outstanding while Bellamy is outside of the match squad and Ireland is being offered cash to leave the club to make way for Milner – someone they simply don’t need."

That part I agree with and doesn't sit easy with me. When Chelsea landed themselves in money they built a team to compliment the best players they already had, in particular Terry, Lampard and Gudjohnson. What City seem to be doing in showing no emotion whatsoever in their team and we've essentially lumped off our captain and player of the year for 4 successive seasons, player of the year in 2008/09 and probably the second best player of the year 09/10 and done all that needlessly. They wanted to play here, the fans liked them and don't tell me Dunne, Ireland and Bellamy aren't good enough for a top team, I simply don't buy it. For me if the club has no sentiment for its players, why should the fans have any sentiment for the club? Why shouldn't we all just support Barcelona because they're a better team instead?

Dunne: Loads of fans here and at the stadium (not me) were constantly screaming for his head in his last season with us.

Ireland : One good season, since when he's been total, utter, complete dross.

Bellamy : Rabble rouser.

Got any more?
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby bluej » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:01 pm

Has anyone been to Wolverhampton? It's easily one of the most chav-infested places in the country, so they've got some nerve.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby bobby brows » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:13 pm

superkev8705 wrote:Just ask yourself, would they have wrote that article if they would of been taken over????

No

one of us probably would have though! at least he's put forward an argument, shame spurs have spent more money that almost anyone since Jacques Santini arrived!
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:15 pm

The fact that other teams fans see us as rich chavs is fanfuckintastic to me.I've had enough of getting the sympathy vote of other fans.I want them to be jealous of us.
Fuck em.
Loads of money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rag_hater

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum