Cookie

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Cookie

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:17 pm

I have Vodafone as my mobile phone provider and a Sharp Television... I drive an Audi as well...
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Kladze » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:17 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:I have Vodafone as my mobile phone provider and a Sharp Television... I drive an Audi as well...

Burn the Witch !!!
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:18 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:I have Vodafone as my mobile phone provider and a Sharp Television... I drive an Audi as well...

that's fucking bayern fans for you eh...

;)
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:20 pm

MARKMAKAVELI wrote:No nqdp it's business. You really think any sponsor gives a fuck about the club and vice versa?

It's all money/business.

No beef though, I respect your decisions and the way you stand by them, even though I find them hilariously pathetic.

The red lighter thing is a wind up though isn't it? Please tell me it is.

Where have all the sane, normal people gone???!?!?!!?!?!?

I spit at the tv when I see the following people on it : Taggart ,Neville sisters,Gollum Moyles,Merson,most referees.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby ross.mcfc » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:00 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
MARKMAKAVELI wrote:people who don't buy vodafone coz U***d used to be sponsored by them. Losers..

That will be me...nor Sharp electrical goods or anyone with even a remote connection to the rags

and yes...it is sad

The more I learn about you the more I think

ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beeks » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:06 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:
The more I learn about you

You compiling a dossier you sad fuck? ;-)

Besides..Paul Calf..legend
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby ant london » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:25 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:The only real gripe I have with the man is when he fucked off Dunnie...according to Dunne he snubbed him completely...after that he knew he was a goner...I'm sorry...but after nearly a decade at the club it still fucks me off how he was treated on the way out

Best thing he ever did IMO

Happy days when that fucking clown was out of the club.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Beeks » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:17 am

ant london wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:The only real gripe I have with the man is when he fucked off Dunnie...according to Dunne he snubbed him completely...after that he knew he was a goner...I'm sorry...but after nearly a decade at the club it still fucks me off how he was treated on the way out

Ant most of the time you're a sensible poster...but calling our 4 time player of the year a 'fucking clown' is not on mate

I think we all recognise it was time for him to move on but the way he was shoved out without so much as a thanks was an utter disgrace

The guy gave a lot of years service to this club and deserves a little more respect than calling him derogatory names
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mike J » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:20 am

im not keen on him. he's a bit of a clown that cant keep his mouth shut.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:25 am

He was a clown, and made us subject of much comedy. It was a sign of the quality of the rest that he was POTY!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby ant london » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:25 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
ant london wrote:

Ant most of the time you're a sensible poster...but calling our 4 time player of the year a 'fucking clown' is not on mate

I think we all recognise it was time for him to move on but the way he was shoved out without so much as a thanks was an utter disgrace

The guy gave a lot of years service to this club and deserves a little more respect than calling him derogatory names

Fella....you have your views (which you are not shy of expressing) on more than one of our current players which I think are utterly unfounded and are often out of order. However, I recognise your right to voice them.

He should have been sold the season before he actually left....it was never going to be an easy departure, sure it would have been a bit hard to swallow in his shoes but he was hardly made redundant and left on the dole.

HE showed a total lack of respect to US the fans in his badmouthing of the club afterwards.

I was glad to see him gone from the club due to his poor performances, poor captaincy and mistakes (eg. Hamburg) that cost us dearly. Once he came out with that crap I developed an actual dislike of him
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beeks » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:32 am

ant london wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
ant london wrote:

Fella....you have your views (which you are not shy of expressing) on more than one of our current players which I think are utterly unfounded and are often out of order. However, I recognise your right to voice them.

He should have been sold the season before he actually left....it was never going to be an easy departure, sure it would have been a bit hard to swallow in his shoes but he was hardly made redundant and left on the dole.

HE showed a total lack of respect to US the fans in his badmouthing of the club afterwards.

I was glad to see him gone from the club due to his poor performances, poor captaincy and mistakes (eg. Hamburg) that cost us dearly. Once he came out with that crap I developed an actual dislike of him

Like I said Ant...I wasn't denying the fact it was his time to go...but after 9 years of service...the way he was dumped was unacceptable and I tell you what...If I would have been treated like that after spending years giving my all in a sky blue shirt...I would have had a rant too...so I would never hold that against him
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby ant london » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:37 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Like I said Ant...I wasn't denying the fact it was his time to go...but after 9 years of service...the way he was dumped was unacceptable and I tell you what...If I would have been treated like that after spending years giving my all in a sky blue shirt...I would have had a rant too...so I would never hold that against him

Javier Garrido showed how it should be done

Even fucking Elano was less of a whiney bitch than Dunne.

Richard Dunne was indulged by the club who forgave his grossly unprofessional behaviour early in his career. Yes he subsequently gave solid service and had a few very good years but he was paid tens of thousands of pounds a bloody week to do so.....MCFC owed him fuck all, sorry mate, we shall have to agree to disagree
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:21 am

I believe Cook's comments about stopping relegation from the Premier League, made just after he joined the club, did a lot to damage us among football fans in general. The majority of fans of other clubs have made up their minds, based on that, that he has got no idea what makes the English game tick - and I think they were right. Maybe he has learned a bit since then but the damage among fans in general is done.

Funny, isn't it though, that when that geezer at Bolton says the same thing about stopping relegation, everyone jumps on it. Our bloke says it and it gets largely ignored.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Nijinsky the Elder » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:49 am

I believe Gary Cooke to be an excellent asset for City. When he came into City he had to change a huge amount from the club thinking national and not global; to making the attitudes of those around him positive and ambitious. For many years City were a run of the mill club, whose idea of marketing was to sell a few souvenirs in the Club shop and who expected to be mediocre. But ever since the Sky revolution, things have changed hugely and football is now a global product requiring a hugely different approach to communications, marketing and positioning. This is clearly why marquee signings were so important and why pre season venues have to be considered in commercial rather than pure football terms. Gary Cooke is an experienced global commercial and marketing expert who has the job of making City the best football club in the world. You don't achieve that by not initiating huge change and in doing that you inevitably 'break a few eggs' on the way. Added to that the press were waiting to find anything negative to say about City and him in particular and you have minor gaffs (that wouldn't even be reported if they were from other clubs) being distorted and exaggerated. In comparison our dear friends from the press( many of them Rags supporters) do not make a big thing about United's former chairman going into the ladies toilets at Old Trafford to get an eyeful or of some of the financial manouverings that are clearly going onto to try and reduce the debt and attract new finance whilst the Glazers have a quick plunder of the profits ( thank you Glazers, I love you!!) No don't let the press put you off Gary Cooke, he is a great asset for City and when you look what he has supposed to have done wrong it is tiddlysquat. We are progressing wonderfully well off the field and just need to do so on the field now and thats where we should be most focused, in my view.
Nijinsky the Elder
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:55 pm

Some on here seem to think that he is the devil incarnate with regards Bellers as well - but In the interview shown on SKY he is very complimentary about Cook and Khaldoon

People should perhaps believe the real quotes than what they are fed by the biased media
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:08 pm

For me, apart from the good Sheikhs backing, Garry Cook is the main reason we have come so far, so fast. And he's a decent bloke to boot.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby lythamblue » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:11 pm

He is a bit unconventional when compared to others in a similar position, probably because he comes from a sales amd marketing background rather than a banking or finance one.

However, he is a bit of a maverick and a local boy made good type character.He shoots from the hip and says what he thinks but he is highly motivated, loves the game, enjoys the high profile and is ...... probably just what we need at the moment.

Let Khaldoon and the boys from AD play the business role and let him wheel, deal and bullshit like the entreprenneur he obviously is.

I like him!
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:18 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:For me, apart from the good Sheikhs backing, Garry Cook is the main reason we have come so far, so fast. And he's a decent bloke to boot.

The guy bummed a fuclin fag off me. What other chairman has done that? None

Best still is that i don't even smoke but had one cuz i was on the piss. Good times.

I'm a simple man.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:19 pm

lythamblue wrote:He is a bit unconventional when compared to others in a similar position, probably because he comes from a sales amd marketing background rather than a banking or finance one.

However, he is a bit of a maverick and a local boy made good type character.He shoots from the hip and says what he thinks but he is highly motivated, loves the game, enjoys the high profile and is ...... probably just what we need at the moment.

Let Khaldoon and the boys from AD play the business role and let him wheel, deal and bullshit like the entreprenneur he obviously is.

I like him!

That's my view mate, he reminds me of the Del 'Boy' Trotter that 'Made it good'. He may drop the odd clanger but he sure makes up for it with his guile and tenacity to succeed.

And he's a decent bloke to boot.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum