Cookie

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Cookie

Postby Beeks » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:26 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:
I judge from business results - which is how he should be measured rather than the shallow stuff of occasional seeming 'gaffes' that the press (and unfortunately some fans) seem to leap upon...... as if such things are really important in the scheme of things - it is a bit like the sort of negativity for negativity s sake you get from people who just are naturally that way inclined

Surely as a business though your image is an integral part of people accepting your brand?

Do you not think Cookies outbursts were damaging to City with the negative publicity that followed?

I'm not anti Cookie...I quite like the guy to be honest...just playing devils advocate

No I absolutely do not think they were negative - entirely the opposite

Re Kaka - he told the truth and I would have been appalled if our CEO allowed another club to publicly rubbish us with lies - I was shocked at how fans on here thought he handled that wrongly - for me that is typical CITY mindset

Re talking us up in the states - well FFS he was there organising a pre-season tour - what the fuck is he supposed to - he is not exactly helped in promoting our brand by either a) our general history and world standing or b) our fans some of the time (I was very disappointed at the Valencia crowd) - he has to work hard to promote us - largely on his jack

Re the Rossler mistake - yes cock-up - but heh things can happen - we should be right behind him - if he does not succeed in a major way - the project fails

You are talking about your view as a City fan here

You can't tell me that to the outside world...those instances were not held in a negative light...because they were

Rival fans and the media still go on about 'bottlegate' even now whenever his name is mentioned

Then you should put them right......

The media and fans of other clubs will react to CITY anyway - if not bottlegate it would have been the rubbishing based on what AC Milan said - we do need a siege mentality - not bringing our leader down by facile acceptance of the opinions of twats in the media

Like I said...have nothing against the guy...but as a business you have to do very little to please the fans/investors you already have(Me/You)...it's the ones you need to bring in that should be priority...and in that respect...his public image is not a good one
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Lee_R » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:32 pm

I like Cook, I like the way he doesnt bottle it. That press conference when we got rid of Hughes and brought Mancini in really warmed me to him. He put his script down and said 'Look fellas....' etc etc. It was a man who is human and will make errors but one who just wants to do his best for our club. Also I liked what that American dude had to say about him when we opened that football pitch on that roof thingy in New York.
Hes all right Cook.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby superkev8705 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:36 pm

I loved his pissed off face when Mancini had his first press conference when they were all asking about Hughes. I thought smoke was gonna start coming out of his ears.
superkev8705
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Carlitos Tevez

Postby Beeks » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:39 pm

The only real gripe I have with the man is when he fucked off Dunnie...according to Dunne he snubbed him completely...after that he knew he was a goner...I'm sorry...but after nearly a decade at the club it still fucks me off how he was treated on the way out
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:41 pm

He same people that hate him for sayin united instead of city that time are probably the same people who don't buy vodafone coz united used to be sponsored by them. Losers.

I for one think he comes across well, tells it like it is (kaka). Unfortunatley he will never be as cool as sheik mansour. He is the worlds coolest man.
MARKMAKAVELI

Postby Beeks » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:47 pm

MARKMAKAVELI wrote:people who don't buy vodafone coz U***d used to be sponsored by them. Losers..

That will be me...nor Sharp electrical goods or anyone with even a remote connection to the rags

and yes...it is sad
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby superkev8705 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:50 pm

Haha. I feel like i need a shower if im walking through a sports shop and even brush against a rag shirt.
superkev8705
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Carlitos Tevez

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:13 pm

MARKMAKAVELI wrote:He same people that hate him for sayin U***d instead of city that time are probably the same people who don't buy vodafone coz U***d used to be sponsored by them. Losers.

I for one think he comes across well, tells it like it is (kaka). Unfortunatley he will never be as cool as sheik mansour. He is the worlds coolest man.

Vodafone??? I don't even buy anything made by Sharp for fucks sake.

And yes, if I were the owner, I would've sacked him for saying that. So horrendous I can't even think about it without hair in my back going up. Embarrasmus maximus.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Dameerto » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:27 pm

In an environment where most clubs in the Prem are being forced to scale the club's wages to a percentage of their revenue we as a club are trying to expand our revenue to exceed our wages - Cook is the perfect man for the job.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:29 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
MARKMAKAVELI wrote:people who don't buy vodafone coz U***d used to be sponsored by them. Losers..

That will be me...nor Sharp electrical goods or anyone with even a remote connection to the rags

and yes...it is sad

i feel that brother - walked out of the snoop gig at the apollo because he came on stage in a rag shirt.

i know, but i couldn't help it. fucking twat.

re cookie, who cares? as long as he is doing his job then i don't give a fuck what he says. we have already seen how quickly the owners dispose of employees they don't think are up to the job. in the face of that, i think the fact cookie is still here speaks volumes about the work he does.
The Man In Blue

Postby Blue2 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:30 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

and yes...it is sad

and me.

and I dont like Cooke either
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:34 pm

He does his job without attachment or compassion. I recon he would pat someone on the back & praise them to he hilt then literally 5 mins later sack them without a second thought if it suited the 'project'. it's him doing his job though & he's done ok in many respects.

I don't actually care so much about that anymore as we're far removed from the 'family club' we almost were under Wardle (& Swales was a bigger bastard than Cook could ever be). I wish we'd find a way to counter the bad feeling it creates though & not piss people off unless we need to . If we fill every aspect of the sport with enemies it will catch up with us sooner or later.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:39 pm

hahaha can't believe how many of you are that sad!

walkin out of a concert coz he put a united top on. brilliant.

MARKMAKAVELI

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:41 pm

MARKMAKAVELI wrote:hahaha can't believe how many of you are that sad!

walkin out of a concert coz he put a U***d top on. brilliant.

to be fair i had seen the cunt at glastonbury two weeks before.

i take it you would have cheered the rag-loving scumbag then mark?
The Man In Blue

Postby Murph » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:46 pm

Blue2 wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

and yes...it is sad

and me.

and I dont like Cooke either

Count me in I won't by any crap associated with the rags and I won't even wear anything red as well. A few weeks ago I even bought a cheap lighter and the girl gave me a red one I gave it back to her and made her change it for a blue one.

And I also don't like Cooke, far to smarmy and can't keep it shut.
"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the fucl do you think you're talking to?"
Murph

Postby Beeks » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:51 pm

Murph wrote: A few weeks ago I even bought a cheap lighter and the girl gave me a red one I gave it back to her and made her change it for a blue one.

ah Murph you've made me feel better..I've been doing that for years haha
Last edited by Beeks on Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:51 pm

MARKMAKAVELI wrote:hahaha can't believe how many of you are that sad!

walkin out of a concert coz he put a U***d top on. brilliant.

It works both ways though. I think my current telly is fifth Phillips on the row I own, for example. If I had more money, I'd probably drive with Saab. We have Brother sewing machine, I bought for missus some years ago. And so on.

They have supported the Club and I think it's only fair I try to support them through my decisions when buying something relevant. Isn't that the whole point?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:00 pm

No nqdp it's business. You really think any sponsor gives a fuck about the club and vice versa?

It's all money/business.

No beef though, I respect your decisions and the way you stand by them, even though I find them hilariously pathetic.

The red lighter thing is a wind up though isn't it? Please tell me it is.

Where have all the sane, normal people gone???!?!?!!?!?!?
MARKMAKAVELI

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:05 pm

I have red trainers. Only so that i can piss on them everyday. That is all.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Kladze » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:16 pm

I want my red trainers back.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site