Bellamy to Cardiff

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Bellamy to Cardiff

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:04 pm

Love the guy to bits, but its all getting a bit familiar now this.

If he just shut his fucking mouth and played football throughout his career, he could have been a world great. Shame really.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:09 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Ted, although these are not all my own thoughts, I thought I'd answer yours with a few different views that don't show Bellers to be the Angel you make out. What I find strange is that many on here were dead set against him joining us because of his attitude at other clubs, yet now fail to appreciate that it might actually be the player, not the numerous clubs he's been to. Afterall, there is a common denominator in all this isn't there.

Ted Hughes wrote:Let's see .......

Bellamy has best season ever with 10 goals & 8 assists, fans love him.

Robinho scored 14 goals and fans loved him.

Bellamy had a specific training routine suggested to him, which he followed religously & found it got him & kept fitter than ever before. Is made to change it.

After clarification from Mancini, his plan was put back in place. In the mean-time Bellers made a massive show of defiance.

Bellamy publicly shows support for Mancini by running to him after goal.

Isn't that called 'Two-Faced'?

Bellamy Makes lighthearted quip about incident between Moyes & Mancini.

Light-hearted? Nothing like supporting your manager, eh?

Bellamy appears not to be a sore loser at losing a champions league place to Spurs, is demonised by small section of fans.

Smiling High-Fives with the oppostion manager as 45,000 fans dreams turn to dust.

Bellamy Is taken on pre season tour & starts 1st game, playing better than almost anyone else & helping Mancini organise team by relaying his orders.

We pay his wages don't we?

Bellamy is dropped & replaced by a player who had disciplinary problems at the club when he was last around, was considered a bad influence, a bad trainer & had the same problems at his last loan club, police being called to his parties during the season.

Jo was new ro Mancini and was a bit of an unknown, unlike Bellers. Seems the lad did alright though.

Bellamy is praised for his effort & attitude by the manager.

And rightly so.

Bellamy is offered to Wolfsburg & turns it down.

Well within his rights for non-footballing reason - family and money.

Bellamy is left on bench v Valencia to disappointment of crowd who vote his goal v rags as last year's goal of the season, cheering him as he warms up.

The fans love him for his effort and professionalism on the field and cheer him on, unlike last year when he told the fans to 'Fuck off'.

Bellamy is dumped from the UEFA squad in spite of places being available.

Did it have something to do with a certain impending transfer and do we know that things weren't already happening behind the scenes? Afterall, we all know now what comments come out when he has been dropped.

Bellamy does interview stating he thinks he's going to be sold but wants to stay & really loves playing for City. Says has asked for clarification several times but not got an answer, hasn't spoken to Mancini for 6 months but says that's not unusual was same with Hughes & other managers. Last bit gets ignored & is demonised by small section of fans.

Bellamy basically holds the club to ransom with retirement demands and disrespects his manager in the process.

Bellamy is dumped from PL squad offered to lower half PL teams + Celtic & Cardiff.

Simple really, don't give your opponent the chance to shoot you in the back. And Dumped? He mastered his own downfall.

Bellamy is made to train with reserves along with Ireland.

Bellers causes unrest wherever he goes and without his best manager Hughes around, he's going to cause even more. And, if he's not in the 25, where should he train?

Bellamy is allegedly banned from training ground.

Things have obviously deteriated and Bellers banned for possibly causing unrest and friction with the other players. Is that what you want?

you're right, it is appallingly bad management of the affair from all concerned (Mancini, Cook, Marwood, Al Mubarak) :rolleyes

Or possibly appauling behaviour by Bellers after he realised there would be very limited scope for him to ply his trade.

Most of the stuff I've put on there is just fact. Most are events that happened, nothing more. A few of the things are open to interpretation but most of the stuff that would merit sacking the player is just based on his reputation from other clubs rather than any evidence whatsoever. Nobody has ever said Bellamy is a bad influence around he team until they wanted to sack him. In fact the young players say he helps them & Doug says he trains really well. Now suddenly there are rumours everywhere, mostly, like your replies, just people guessing what they think could have happened & trying to find a reason for it, yet no actual accounts of anything.

Imo it all came about because Wolfsburg wanted him as part of a Dzeko deal. Then there was no turning back & he was dumped. The same is happening with Ireland & Villa. He will probably be gone now, even if Vila don't want him & will be mightily pissed off either way. It' was just 2 used items being traded for new ones. That's my speculative bit. The other stuff however, is mostly fact.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:56 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Most of the stuff I've put on there is just fact. Most are events that happened, nothing more. A few of the things are open to interpretation but most of the stuff that would merit sacking the player is just based on his reputation from other clubs rather than any evidence whatsoever. Nobody has ever said Bellamy is a bad influence around he team until they wanted to sack him. In fact the young players say he helps them & Doug says he trains really well. Now suddenly there are rumours everywhere, mostly, like your replies, just people guessing what they think could have happened & trying to find a reason for it, yet no actual accounts of anything.

Imo it all came about because Wolfsburg wanted him as part of a Dzeko deal. Then there was no turning back & he was dumped. The same is happening with Ireland & Villa. He will probably be gone now, even if Vila don't want him & will be mightily pissed off either way. It' was just 2 used items being traded for new ones. That's my speculative bit. The other stuff however, is mostly fact.

That's what I'm saying mate, most of mine is fact as well. There are always 2 sides to every story and we as individuals can interpret it as we deem fit. It all depends how you see things, or in most cases, want to see things.

Me personally, I'd like Bellers and Stevie to stay, but in their own ways they've had their own problems and brought their respective situations on themsleves. I know if I was the manager I'd probably do exactly the same thing, as in any job, if people don't buck up, they can fuck off.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:13 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Most of the stuff I've put on there is just fact. Most are events that happened, nothing more. A few of the things are open to interpretation but most of the stuff that would merit sacking the player is just based on his reputation from other clubs rather than any evidence whatsoever. Nobody has ever said Bellamy is a bad influence around he team until they wanted to sack him. In fact the young players say he helps them & Doug says he trains really well. Now suddenly there are rumours everywhere, mostly, like your replies, just people guessing what they think could have happened & trying to find a reason for it, yet no actual accounts of anything.

That's what I'm saying mate, most of mine is fact as well. There are always 2 sides to every story and we as individuals can interpret it as we deem fit. It all depends how you see things, or in most cases, want to see things.

Me personally, I'd like Bellers and Stevie to stay, but in their own ways they've had their own problems and brought their respective situations on themsleves. I know if I was the manager I'd probably do exactly the same thing, as in any job, if people don't buck up, they can fuck off.

I don't believe there's anything Bellamy could have done & I don't believe he's guilty of most of the stuff being attributed to him
Ireland may have been able to turn it round by performing pre season but I doubt it. Mancini probably planned to use both as bargaining tools from the off & so far it's failed in both cases & we've lost 2 valuable players who haven't yet been replaced. Milner should still happen but If it's true RSC is going then I can only assume we have another forward/ striker coming in otherwise we're short on options .

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Kladze » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:15 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I don't believe there's anything Bellamy could have done & I don't believe he's guilty of most of the stuff being attributed to him
Ireland may have been able to turn it round by performing pre season but I doubt it. Mancini probably planned to use both as bargaining tools from the off & so far it's failed in both cases & we've lost 2 valuable players who haven't yet been replaced. Milner should still happen but If it's true RSC is going then I can only assume we have another forward/ striker coming in otherwise we're short on options .

Balotelli, Tevez, Adebayor, and (gulp) Robinho?

Four should be plenty.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby the_georgian_genius » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:19 pm

This whole thing is not a case of Bellamy vs Mancini, it's Bellamy vs Cook, Marwood and Khaldoon. He's been at them since they got rid of his step father.

Bellamy has form, he's 31 and has had 10 clubs. He's a disruptve little selfish dick who plays for himself and himself only.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:22 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:This whole thing is not a case of Bellamy vs Mancini, it's Bellamy vs Cook, Marwood and Khaldoon. He's been at them since they got rid of his step father.

Bellamy has form, he's 31 and has had 10 clubs. He's a disruptve little selfish dick who plays for himself and himself only.

I personally believe that is the case. I think he has clashed with either Marwood or Cook. It never seemed like he had big problems with Mancini.

Obviously don't have any evidence to back that claim, just a hunch.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:25 pm

Kladze wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Balotelli, Tevez, Adebayor, and (gulp) Robinho?

Four should be plenty.

There's the problem; imagine if Tevez gets injured? Title challenge based on Balotelli, Ade, Robinho? 3 mercurial, notoriously inconsistent, headcases. Hardly the most reliable 3 on which to base the club & the manager's future. Don't believe that was what Mancini was planning. I think he was lining up a Dzeko for money + Bellamy deal once Torres decided not to come. Ireland & Bellamy would probably have been offered to Liverpool as a sweetener for that, possibly Ned too.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby superkev8705 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:29 pm

I agree that it is since Hughes left all this talk has started about problems, bust ups etc.

But lets be honest.... i think we all knew what we were getting when we signed him and knew it would end up like this, Hughes or no Hughes.
superkev8705
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Carlitos Tevez

Postby ENIAM NAM » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:34 pm

Just wait for his verbal backlash when he has made his move!!
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby ross.mcfc » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:32 pm

Taken from the BBC website.

BBC Radio 5 live's Robbie Savage on Craig Bellamy: "Craig has not been fined, that's not true. He's got a good relationship with Man City, says there's no problem at all between them. He thinks he should be in the City 25-man squad, but he's not. He's been at a club today having discussions but I can't tell you who it is. It might surprise you, possibly. He's had offers from clubs who might finish higher than Man City!"
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby CityGer » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:39 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:Taken from the BBC website.

BBC Radio 5 live's Robbie Savage on Craig Bellamy: "Craig has not been fined, that's not true. He's got a good relationship with Man City, says there's no problem at all between them. He thinks he should be in the City 25-man squad, but he's not. He's been at a club today having discussions but I can't tell you who it is. It might surprise you, possibly. He's had offers from clubs who might finish higher than Man City!"

Red scouse.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:39 pm

SSN understands that Bellers starts training with the first team again tomorrow.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Grob » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:53 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:SSN understands that Bellers starts training with the first team again tomorrow.

Cardiff today, City tomorrow.

They havnt a clue whats going on.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:02 pm

Would be interesting to actually know the truth. I guess if he writes a tell all book at the end of his career I would buy it.

Would not suprise me in the slightest if Bellamy has been the model pro since day one at City. The media and some fans hammer home the opinion that Bellamy is a troublestarter so much that people just accept it as truth.

I really am getting to the point where I don't give a shit who does what, who gets paid what, how much we pay for someone, who's fightin who etc.... Just wanna see City play well. Fuck all the other bullshit. There's more to life.
MARKMAKAVELI
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:44 pm

So let me get this right; that's Mancini's mate Robbie Savage, basically saying Bellamy's not had a bust up at all? So someone's been making up all those lies about him & so many people on here have been falling over themselves to believe it, when all that's happened is; City have dumped Bellamy from the squad?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:48 am

Ted Hughes wrote:

So let me get this right; that's Mancini's mate Robbie Savage, basically saying Bellamy's not had a bust up at all? So someone's been making up all those lies about him & so many people on here have been falling over themselves to believe it, when all that's happened is; City have dumped Bellamy from the squad?

Mancini's mate Robbie Savage?????? I'm missing something here big time.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ant london » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:51 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 425686.stm
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Blue2 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:51 am

Ted Hughes wrote:

Yes, they have been big buddies since they both played for Leicester.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:10 am

Blue2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Yes, they have been big buddies since they both played for Leicester.

Mancini spent about a month there?!?!?!? Must've been love at first sight.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum