Is This The Attitude We Want?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Is This The Attitude We Want?

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:44 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Now, following on from the Barry statement, who said this:

"It doesn't matter if people want us to fail. We know that nearly 50,000 people at Eastlands want us to do well."

Vincent Kompany, what do i win???? ;)
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:53 pm

Nothing gets past you 2 internet dwellers does it ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Sorry, forgot to post the full story, which I quite enjoyed:

Kompany hits out at critics - Belgium international says spending benefits the game

Vincent Kompany has hit out at critics of Manchester City's big spending, claiming it is good for English football.

The versatile 24-year-old Belgian is not happy at criticism levelled at the club by the likes of Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey and Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner, who have claimed their new-found wealth is ruining the game.

Kompany claims City's cash influx is good for football and says other clubs are hoping for a similar situation with regards to their owners.

"It is good for English football what is happening here, no matter what people are saying," he told the Manchester Evening News.

"Everybody is enjoying it, even if they are criticising us. If they are saying positive stuff, our fans are enjoying it.

"Nobody was complaining about having a top four. You want to have a competitive league and big spending attracts the top players.

"Everybody's kind of hoping for a similar situation to happen to their club.

"I understand the situation, I have no problem with people giving their opinion and not being happy about it but all we can do is go out and play and we are happy the season has started."

City kicked off their Premier League campaign with a 0-0 draw against Tottenham at White Hart Lane on Saturday, and Kompany insists Roberto Mancini's men are not lumbered with the pressure of expectation.

"It's fine, we just need to be able to deal with the pressure and I have no problem with that," he added.

"It doesn't matter if people want us to fail. We know that nearly 50,000 people at Eastlands want us to do well."
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby shawzy » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:45 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Sorry, forgot to post the full story, which I quite enjoyed:

Kompany hits out at critics - Belgium international says spending benefits the game

Vincent Kompany has hit out at critics of Manchester City's big spending, claiming it is good for English football.

The versatile 24-year-old Belgian is not happy at criticism levelled at the club by the likes of Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey and Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner, who have claimed their new-found wealth is ruining the game.

Kompany claims City's cash influx is good for football and says other clubs are hoping for a similar situation with regards to their owners.

"It is good for English football what is happening here, no matter what people are saying," he told the Manchester Evening News.

"Everybody is enjoying it, even if they are criticising us. If they are saying positive stuff, our fans are enjoying it.

"Nobody was complaining about having a top four. You want to have a competitive league and big spending attracts the top players.

"Everybody's kind of hoping for a similar situation to happen to their club.

"I understand the situation, I have no problem with people giving their opinion and not being happy about it but all we can do is go out and play and we are happy the season has started."

City kicked off their Premier League campaign with a 0-0 draw against Tottenham at White Hart Lane on Saturday, and Kompany insists Roberto Mancini's men are not lumbered with the pressure of expectation.

"It's fine, we just need to be able to deal with the pressure and I have no problem with that," he added.

There all just pissed off and bitter cuz we have spent the cash on non uk players.I hope we dont inject cash into prem league teams this season..Let the fookers rot and lets keep it that way for all care.
Wise words from Vinnie
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum