Lerner takes a swipe...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lerner takes a swipe...

Postby Michigan Blue » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:07 am

...before happily taking the "filthy lucre."

‘Big, bad Manchester City came along and asked for Milner and we said, “No, he is not for sale”. And under the rules you have to respect that. And Manchester City respected that for two whole days. And then they violated the rules and came in for him again.’

Lerner made it clear that he does not intend to make a formal complaint to the Football Association about City’s alleged conduct. Neither is he particularly keen to smooth the path for the £25million deal to be finalised.

He added: ‘Who knows if Milner is going to go? Kevin [MacDonald] just came up to me and said, “Ask for more money”.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ilner.html

Hilariously bungled tough guy act.
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Lerner takes a swipe...

Postby john68 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:24 am

Villa need the cash to fund themselves.
We have enough players in our squad and Milner's position is well covered.
Keep Villa hanging on and then walk away and leave Lerner skint again.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:57 am

john68 wrote:Villa need the cash to fund themselves.
We have enough players in our squad and Milner's position is well covered.
Keep Villa hanging on and then walk away and leave Lerner skint again.

i wondered if that's why we were linked with a 25M move for Gourcoff this evening?

Lerner can lick my taint. goofy-looking skint assclown.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby CitizenYank » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:12 am

It is a political move. The Lazio president did the same thing with Kolarov. Make disparaging remarks about Citeh
so it will be easier for him to sell one of their best players. In reality, Lerner doesn't give a shit about
giving up Milner. He'd rather just have the money.
Last edited by CitizenYank on Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby daveh1962 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:14 am

Well why didnt Villa do what Arsenal did with Fabregas and say he wasnt for sale. arent we the evil ones we offer a sum of money they say no we offer more money they say YES whats the problem. He is just showing himself up as a greedy twat that is sayoing all hios players are for sale at the right price whereas Arsenal have said their star player is not available at any price

One is principalled postion the other is a bagraining tool
daveh1962
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby CitizenYank » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:22 am

Lerner is a capitalist at heart. He treats football as such.

Selling Cesc Fabregas is absolutely foreign to Arsenal. That would be like
admitting they aren't a big club anymore. See??
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby Michigan Blue » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:33 am

If they fanny around long enough that he gets cup tied against Rapid on Thursday, well then fuck him off.

Won't happen, Lerner just wanted to be seen by Villa supporters as someone who was standing up to "big bad City" before he gladly cashed in.

Unfortunately he now has the added shame of forgoing all subtlety and literally using the term "big bad City" in interviews.
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:52 am

Which rules forbid us making offer after offer? In fact, I'd report Villa now. We have gone through legit route by contacting the club first.

Also, yesterday when Young went off he made quite a suspicious spectacle of it. I think there might be some other big bad club looking to buy him.

We should walk out of Milner deal while we can. This is turning ugly now and there are better players out there.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:03 am

Strange comments for someone who's just lost his manager over disagreements regarding money and players?

An obvious tactic to placate the fans and keep himself away from any controversy. Personally, I'd like to have Milner at the club but as someone already said, we have plenty of cover so in this case I'd tell Randy and Milner that the deal is off and leave Milner wondering what could have been.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Crossie » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:28 am

Walk away, no funds for them all season then.

We keep Stevie, pray he finds form.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Rae4685 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:13 am

Milner shown yesterday why we need him and why he will be a great player for us. How many players do we have that when the ball comes to them on the edge of the area onto their weak foot they would put it away like he did? We have too many players who dally on the ball or try and turn onti their weaker foot time and time again! How many times have you been frustrated at the game cos no f****r will take a shot?!? Only AJ takes these opportunities and being a winger hes never in "that" position
Rae4685
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Edin Dzeko

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:39 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Which rules forbid us making offer after offer? In fact, I'd report Villa now. We have gone through legit route by contacting the club first.

Also, yesterday when Young went off he made quite a suspicious spectacle of it. I think there might be some other big bad club looking to buy him.

We should walk out of Milner deal while we can. This is turning ugly now and there are better players out there.

so selfish and afraid. chill out my friend. Horse jaw will look sassy in blue. And he'll do a foooking great job.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Kladze » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:38 pm

What a tosser!

Not you doomy, his Lernered Randyness.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby maf » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:59 pm

Laughably poor effort by Lerner , trying to deflect from the fact his managers just walked because he was trying to sell his best players out from under him . "Hey It's not me was them big bullies man city wot made me do it " .
maf
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Murph » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:06 pm

Randy Lerner, how can you take a guy seriously when he sounds like he was named after some character from a "Carry on" film.
Last edited by Murph on Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the fucl do you think you're talking to?"
Murph
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:07 pm

‘Big, bad Manchester City came along and asked for Milner and we said, “No, he is not for sale”. And under the rules you have to respect that. And Manchester City respected that for two whole days. And then they violated the rules and came in for him again.’

Lerner made it clear that he does not intend to make a formal complaint to the Football Association about City’s alleged conduct. Neither is he particularly keen to smooth the path for the £25million deal to be finalised.

He added: ‘Who knows if Milner is going to go? Kevin [MacDonald] just came up to me and said, “Ask for more money”.’

What a dick, i love this part "Lerner made it clear that he does not intend to make a formal complaint to the Football Association about City’s alleged conduct." i bet he dosn't since he's getting £25m out of the fucking deal
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Return to The Maine Football forum