Kolarov

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Kolarov

Postby Abu Dhabi » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:28 pm

I havent seen this anywhere, but any update on his twisted ankle?

Few hours into the season, and our two new fullbacks are already injured!
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Re: Kolarov

Postby craigmcfc » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:33 pm

Not heard anything since, last seen sat on the bench with his foot in a polystyrene box filled with ice. Fingers crossed it's nothing serious
Last edited by craigmcfc on Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:50 pm

Abu Dhabi wrote:I havent seen this anywhere, but any update on his twisted ankle?

Few hours into the season, and our two new fullbacks are already injured!

2 new defenders, both out of contention. At least Alex made it to the first game. Just shows how hard the Prem is, Boateng looked at it and got an injury!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:24 pm

Not sure I saw Kolarov do anything to his ankle but he was struggling in midweek with a bit of a problem as he wasnt in fuull training.So maybe it just recurred.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby s1ty m » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:01 pm

Not serious. He would not be sat there like that if it was, surely. He's made of granite, he's a Slav. Back for the dipper-battering that will certainly happen.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby CitizenYank » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:31 pm

More concerned with Boateng. They act like it's a scratch. But I thought they'd just tape it up even it was infected.
Shows the depth we have. I am really looking forward to this season!!
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby avoidconfusion » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:53 pm

I think it happened very early on actually, he was lying on the ground for a while right in front of Joe Hart but then kept playing. I hope it is not serious, it's bad enough that Boateng is out.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby M147WN » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:22 pm

We came back on the 17.00 out of Euston and when we were walking along the platform there in a private first class carrige the team and officials. we couldn't get near them on the train as about half a dozen transport police were barring the way to anyone going near.
When we got to Macc, Tevez, Vierea, Kompany, Given Cook and Sumerbee got off.
When we got to Stockport we got off followed by the rest of the team and Kolorov had on this plastic boot thing but was walking unaided to a waiting coach on the station road so I guess this might be standard procedure for this kind of injury.
It looked a pretty serious bit of footwear but he was putting weight on the foot and hopefully not too serious and just playing safe.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy!
M147WN
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:36 am

I thought he looked like he was carrying soomething in the Valencia game.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby shortagain » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:48 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Not sure I saw Kolarov do anything to his ankle but he was struggling in midweek with a bit of a problem as he wasnt in fuull training.So maybe it just recurred.

He was kicked by King in a goalmouth scramble when clearing the ball, was left rolling around in agony until Richards committed a foul near the touchline. Limped for a little while after and wanted to come off, but made it to half time.
shortagain
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Dobbo » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:51 am

lads its just a minor injury for kolarov he's never had any problems with the ankle before, and yes hes slavic ( im also serbian) so he's made hard he'l be back!
Dobbo
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:30 am

Dobbo wrote:lads its just a minor injury for kolarov he's never had any problems with the ankle before, and yes hes slavic ( im also serbian) so he's made hard he'l be back!

one of my fave first posts in a while. Welcome Dobbo...love the attitude brother. Kolarov looks like a very tasty player. Love what i think he'll bring to the team. I remember Wayne Bridge getting done like his ex by John Terry last time, hell pretty much anytime he faced Spurs and Lennon, but Kolarov looked solid in his time on Saturday.

Welcome!

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby john@staustell » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:12 am

M147WN wrote:We came back on the 17.00 out of Euston and when we were walking along the platform there in a private first class carrige the team and officials. we couldn't get near them on the train as about half a dozen transport police were barring the way to anyone going near.
When we got to Macc, Tevez, Vierea, Kompany, Given Cook and Sumerbee got off.
When we got to Stockport we got off followed by the rest of the team and Kolorov had on this plastic boot thing but was walking unaided to a waiting coach on the station road so I guess this might be standard procedure for this kind of injury.
It looked a pretty serious bit of footwear but he was putting weight on the foot and hopefully not too serious and just playing safe.

Was it Summerbee we had playing on right midfield?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby french_tony » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:19 pm

Shit. Bobby reckons hes at least 7 or 8 weeks off on official site. Oh well, Lescott is doing a great job filling it.
french_tony
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Dronny » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:22 pm

No probs at all with Joleon filling in at left back, I thought he has been dead sound at left back for the last two games.
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby ryanmjo » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:30 pm

Dronny wrote:No probs at all with Joleon filling in at left back, I thought he has been dead sound at left back for the last two games.

He has been, he hasn't really had anyone of great skill running at him though.
ryanmjo
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby craigmcfc » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:05 pm

french_tony wrote:Shit. Bobby reckons hes at least 7 or 8 weeks off on official site. Oh well, Lescott is doing a great job filling it.

That's not good but with Lescott filling in, rather than Bridge, we should be ok. He's done alright so far
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Return to The Maine Football forum