Ratings v Spuds?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ratings v Spuds?

Postby Kladze » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:51 pm

Hart - 10

Richards - 4
Toure - 8
Kompany - 9
Kolorov - 6 (Zabaletta - 7)

Wright-Philips - 5 (Johnson 6)
De Jong - 7
Toure - 7
Barry - 7

Tevez - 7
Silva - 6
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Re: Ratings v Spuds?

Postby 13021J » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:54 pm

4 maybe a bit harsh on Richards - he blocked a far few crosses in the 1st half and the threat reduced in the 2nd. Can't wait for Boateng to return though.

Agree on your other ratings except Zaba who panics so much on the ball and just sprays it long, Kolo surprised me, sibling rivalry may have upped his game?!
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby paulmclaren » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:55 pm

Kladze wrote:Hart - 10

Richards - 5
Toure - 8
Kompany - 9
Kolorov - 6 (Zabaletta - 6)

De Jong - 7
Toure - 7
Barry - 7

Tevez - 6(ade 6 )
Silva - 6

Agreed mainly with a few adjustments.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby paulmclaren » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:56 pm

13021J wrote:4 maybe a bit harsh on Richards - he blocked a far few crosses in the 1st half and the threat reduced in the 2nd. Can't wait for Boateng to return though.

Agree on your other ratings except Zaba who panics so much on the ball and just sprays it long, Kolo surprised me, sibling rivalry may have upped his game?!

Toure, hart and Komps were brilliant tonight.
Richards was poor first half alot better second.
Thought yaya toure was very good on the ball, does the killer pass too.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby ryanmjo » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:59 pm

Hart- 10

Richards 5
Kolo 6
Vinnie 6
Kolarov 5 (Zabaleta 6)

Nige 6
Barry 6
Yaya 7
SWP 4 (Johnson 6)

Silva 5
Tevez 6

I thought Yaya did really well, probably our best field player.
ryanmjo
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:00 pm

Hart- 10+5
Richards - 5
Toure - 9
Kompany - 8

Wright-Philips - 6 (Johnson 6)
De Jong - 7
Toure - 9
Barry - 7

Tevez - 6(ade 6 )
Silva - 7
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Kladze » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:02 pm

ryanmjo wrote:

Kolo 6
Vinnie 6

These threads always throw up wildly differing views.

but

Are you for real ?

LMAO
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ryanmjo » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:06 pm

Kladze wrote:
ryanmjo wrote:

Kolo 6
Vinnie 6

but

Are you for real ?

LMAO

Maybe I'm unfairly laying some of the blame for the first half on them. 7s are probably fairer.
ryanmjo
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Kladze » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:08 pm

ryanmjo wrote:
Kladze wrote:
ryanmjo wrote:

Kolo 6
Vinnie 6

but

Are you for real ?

LMAO

Maybe I'm unfairly laying some of the blame for the first half on them. 7s are probably fairer.

Yeah, my 4 for Richards was probably a tad harsh so .........
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby steveo_88 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:12 pm

Hart - 10 -Unbelievable, if Given wants his place back it's gonna be a real fight and good for City at the back!

Richards - 2 -Skinned, confused, easy target.
Toure - 9 -One of his best games in a Blue shirt, like to see the same for the rest of the season.
Kompany - 9 -Outstanding for me always dependable in a tough situation.
Kolorov - 6 -Looks very promising defending and on the attack (Zabaletta - 6 - Average but kept Lennon at bay enough)

Wright-Philips - 5 -Average (Johnson 6 - More of a threat maybe could have played a full half)
De Jong - 7 -Good rear guard as usual nothing going forward as usual.
YaYa Toure - 8 -Best of the midfielders and hopefully will only get better!
Barry - 6 -Helped break them down not creative.

Tevez - 6 -Put a great shift in but didn't get many chances to shine (Adebayor 5 - Not much time or service, made little impact)
Silva - 5 -Still adjusting to the Prem, better impact in the 2nd half.
South Stand Blue

steveo_88

Supporter of: Jesus Navas
My favourite player is: Eyal Berkovic

Postby The Original Special One » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:12 pm

Kladze wrote:Hart - 10

Richards - 4
Toure - 8
Kompany - 9
Kolorov - 6 (Zabaletta - 7)

De Jong - 7
Toure - 7
Barry - 7

Tevez - 7
Silva - 6

Hart MOTM, obviously

Nige

Kolo/Ya Ya/Fab Vinny (hard to separate)

Barry

Tevez/Silva/Zaba/SWP

Richards (good going forward but too many bad defensive decisions)
The Original Special One

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby Socrates » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:15 pm

Hart 17.5
Kolo 9
Komps 9

The rest were all at 6s and 7's
Richards had a bad day and I like the look of Silva :)
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:16 pm

13021J wrote:4 maybe a bit harsh on Richards - he blocked a far few crosses in the 1st half and the threat reduced in the 2nd. Can't wait for Boateng to return though.

I thought 4 for Richards was bit too generous actually. One of the worst performances in first half by a City player I've seen in ages. Even worse than De Jong against rags last season.

Kolo was definitely the suprise package.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:16 pm

Hart 10
Richards -4
Everyone else decent
the_georgian_genius

Postby john@staustell » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:24 pm

Yaya, Silva and Kolarov all wanted too much time, they'll soon learn.

Richards and SWP were the stand-out poor ones. Is it really the manager's fault if he leaves them out? Will he be having 'something against academy players'?

Hart 9 (kicking lost 1)
Micah 4
Touré 10
Herman 9
Kolarov 6 (Zabba 6)
SWP 4 (Johnson 5)
Touré Y 6
Barry 6
DeJong 7
Silva 6
Tevez 7 (Ade 6)
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby irblinx » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:25 pm

Hart - 10
Richards - 4 (much better 2nd half but woeful in the first)
Toure - 8
Kompany - 9
Kolorov - 6
Wright-Philips - 5
De Jong - 7
Yaya - 7
Barry - 6
Tevez - 7
Silva - 7

Zabaletta - 7 ( 8 defensively, still think LB is his best position for us!)
Johnson - 5
Ade - not long enough to judge
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:28 pm

HART - 10 : MOTM performance from Joe, single handedly got us a point today.

RICHARDS - 4 : Bale will do that to plenty more right-backs this season as he is a brilliant talent. Micah needs to stop holding on for dear life when beaten though as he's a penalty waiting to happen.

TOURE - 8 : Great performance from Kolo and looked sharp and hungry

KOMPANY - 7 : Did well and a couple of very good tackles. Was poor with distribution and brought some trouble on himself

KOLOROV - 6 : Lennon was giving him trouble in the first half but showed some good composure to deal with the threat.

DE JONG - 6 : Didn't produce much in the first half except for a succession of fouls. Got better in the second.

YAYA - 7 : Very good debut and some great passes and lovely chips into the box. Will get better and better

BARRY - 6 : Bit of a nothing performance in the middle. Did nothing wrong but nothing of note either. A steady performance.

WRIGHT-PHILLIPS - 5 : Once again poor SWP shows that he does not have the touch anymore and lost the ball far too often

SILVA - 4 : Gave it away every time in the first half. Got slightly better in the second but nothing of any penetration. I didn't expect him to play this early in the season as he looks way of match fitness

TEVEZ - 5 : When you play up front on your own you cannot drop as deep as Tevez does. We played most of the game with no striker. He was too greedy on many occasions and passing was way off. He should play the withdrawn striking role and never up front on his own.

MANCINI - 6 : Got it horribly wrong in the first half and Spurs should have been out of sight. In the second he made the tactical change to take care of Lennon and Bale and we looked much better as a result. Lucky result today thanks to Hart's great saves.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:27 pm

Hart - 9

Richards - 5 (Shite but got no help, same as Sylvinho v Lennon last season)
Toure - 8
Kompany - 9

Wright-Philips - 3 (Absolutely fucking incompetent, blind, shite. If not for getting kicked in the head it'd be 2) (Johnson 6)
De Jong - 8
Toure - 6
Barry - 7

Tevez - 5
Silva - 5
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Geo123 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:28 pm

I am very confused, if the defensive and midfield all had 7's and 8's mainly, how did goalkeeper need to have such a great game, something doesnt add up, taking into account they had 8 shots on target
Geo123
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Colin the King » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:53 pm

Sorry, didn't see this thread until now. Have deleted the other one.

Hart 10- Don't think I've ever given anyone a ten, but it'd be impossible not to for Hart's performance today- absolutely impeccable. The outstretched arm to keep Defoe out early on will be one of the saves of the season, and he just grew from that point. The brilliant shotshopping aside, he was dominant in the air and distribution was good (not his fault that we had no physical presence up front). City's number one, England's number one for the foreseeable, surely. I could forgive Pearce for every other crap signing for this one, what a find.

Richards 4- Easily the weakest link in the side, which is disappointing as he looked to have improved massively in pre-season. His passing was woeful, he afforded Bale far too much space and hardly ever managed to stop a cross from coming in, and kept meandering forward trying to be Maradonna which put us under pressure and upset the whole shape of the side when he lost possession. He's fortunate that the rest of the defence player out of their skin, that's the politest way to put it.

Touré 9- What a turnaround. I had a feeling Yaya coming in might give him a new lease of life and maybe that explains today. He was as quick as he's ever been, cool as a cucumber in possession, dispossessed and pushed their wide men out of the danger areas time and time again (doing a lot of Micah's work) and dealt confidently with balls into the box. Some strong, assured tackling as well and as the game went on you got the feeling he just wouldn't accept being beaten. Basically- his hunger's back.

Kompany 8- Complimented Kolo perfectly. He was excellent in the main, his tackling was impeccably timed and was monstrous in the air and strong, making Defoe look fairly average bar a couple of breakaways. As composed as any defender I know of in possession, short and long passing, never looks under pressure with the ball at his feet and that's an attribute a lot of great defenders lack. A slight concern would be that he can lose concentration once or twice in a game for a couple of seconds, and that couple of seconds can be enough to allow the opposition to capitalise. Fortunately Kolo or Nigel were there to mop up, so it's not a huge problem as long as that ethic is always there.

Kolarov 6- Didn't look hugely troubled by Lennon, but didn't look totally comfortable either. It'll take him time to acclimatise to the Premier League since it's such a step up in pace and intensity from Italy. He showed good acceleration in breaking forward and is disciplined enough (take notes Micah) to get back where he should be. Hope the injury's not too serious so he can get games and experience under his belt quickly. Will be a real asset to us, I'm sure.

de Jong 9- Superb effort is to be expected, but he really did put his body on the line for us today. How many blocks, last second clearances, perfect tackles? He read the game excellently and was relentless in his desire to shut Spurs out. Better in possession, kept it straightforward and didn't give the ball away half as much as he did at times last season. Tenacious, intelligent, a great asset.

Yaya Touré 7- Moments of sublime quality coupled with some horrendous ones, but that's fine and to be expected in his first couple of weeks. You can see his natural ability to calm things down and influence our play, it's only a lack of sharpness I'm sure that's causing the lapses in concentration. To his credit, when he did make a sloppy best tried his level best to recover and often did. Basically, we saw glimpses of inch perfect tackling, excellent forward thinking passes and strength, we'll see those attributes more regularly once he's up to speed, no doubt.

Barry 8- One of the best games he's played for us I reckon. Marked tightly, continuously won the ball and was calm and composed in distributing it. He had a tendency last season to try elaborate, long range passes when there were easier options, he's noticeably improved on that front because every pass was a sensible one today. Can't recall him giving the ball away at all. Covered the left hand side excellently too when Kolarov/Zabs were pushing forward. More of this please.

Wright-Phillips 6- Good intensity, plenty of heart as per usual but lacking in quality. When he did get manage to get to the byeline, he did put in good quality crosses in fairness, but they were few and far between since he was so often dispossessed straight after getting the ball. Should have just struck that chance in the 2nd half, he seemed to think he had all day to pick his spot. He did track well and saved us a couple of times at the back (Hi Micah) but in truth we looked a lot more menacing once Johnson replaced him- that's the benefit of having such a high quality squad. I'm sure Shaun will be back and make some great contributions over the season.

Silva 6- Horribly lacking in sharpness and fitness, and it showed. Having been half way round the world this week I'd have been inclined to start him on the bench but maybe it'll serve to help him acclimatise. He showed moments of pure quality and composure, but all too often lost possession leading to Spurs breaks that could've been costly. Let him put his feet up while we're in Romania and he can treat us to a display in class next Monday night at Eastlands.

Tevez 7- Was tireless in trying to influence things, breaking forward, passing and shooting but it didn't come off. He's short on fitness too and it did show as time went on, and he's a notoriously slow starter so we can probably expect this level of performance for a while, he'll pick up the pace though and will be a nightmare for defenders once he and Silva build an understanding. You can already see glimpses of a great relationship.

------------

Johnson 7- Menacing and direct, he put Spurs on the backfoot and offered something completely different. We looked much more likely to score once he came on, but delivery was far from perfect if we're being critical. What a great option to have, though.

Zabaleta 8- Shut out Lennon superbly and was all over the pitch covering men and filling in gaps. The ultimate professional.

Adebayor 6- Too late to make any real contribution and no service anyway.
Colin the King

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum