Kolo Toure

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kolo Toure

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:18 pm

I thought crouch in the first gave kolo and richards a hell of a time, bale was whipping them in for fun. Crouch caused all sorts of problems for us like he will do against any team i was relieved when he went off. But kolo and komps and de jong at times was immense when it came to blocks and last ditch tackles.

Anyone know who got that ball away when defoe looked like he was going to tap it in ? was it hart punching it away?
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby shawzy » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:24 pm

BlueMoonAwoken wrote:I thought crouch in the first gave kolo and richards a hell of a time, bale was whipping them in for fun. Crouch caused all sorts of problems for us like he will do against any team i was relieved when he went off. But kolo and komps and de jong at times was immense when it came to blocks and last ditch tackles.

Anyone know who got that ball away when defoe looked like he was going to tap it in ? was it hart punching it away?

On the replay it was Hart who got it away just before Kolorov tried to clear.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:34 pm

shawzy wrote:
BlueMoonAwoken wrote:I thought crouch in the first gave kolo and richards a hell of a time, bale was whipping them in for fun. Crouch caused all sorts of problems for us like he will do against any team i was relieved when he went off. But kolo and komps and de jong at times was immense when it came to blocks and last ditch tackles.

On the replay it was Hart who got it away just before Kolorov tried to clear.

Yeah i thought that but andy gray said it was defoe cleverly trying to shoot it against a city defender so it would rebound into the net? lol
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby bluej » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:45 pm

Both Kolo and Kompany were magnificent today. As has been mentioned, I wonder if taking the captain's responsibility from him has helped him focus on his game better. With Boateng back and in RB we've got a solid defence there.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:06 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:fully agree. by far his best performance in the blue, maybe not having the armband helped?

I also think that competition has made him raise his game, he must be aware that if he plays anything like he did last season he will be out of the team. Like I have said before if he can get back to the form he showed at the Arse a few seasons ago we will have a real player on our hands.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby mcfc1632 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:17 pm

CityGer wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:wouldnt mind see him at right back if boateng is unavailable next week but great performance today

Yeah, let's move him out of position after his best game ever for us.........

Understand what you mean - but I would go for playing Ade or Tevez at RB - or my wife - anything to keep that crap player that currently plays there out of the team
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum