The end of Soccer am?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The end of Soccer am?

Postby blootoof » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:23 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:Thought it was just because of the US PGA coverage, but its on SS2 next week too because of the cricket coverage. It seems that the live Saturday lunchtime games are also on ss2 for the foreseeable future too.

I think it is a natural move, as in the last few years sly have started to charge separately for the sports channels, as have BT and cable, because of course they want people to pay for more than just SS1. Until now, aside from the odd Champions League game all the best events football wise have been on SS1. Now people are going to have to put their hands in their pockets again and pay for the full sports package.

On the flip side, we get Monday night football back on SS1, and they have some bloody good fixtures in the coming weeks, not the normal West Brom vs Fulham type shit.

The flip side of that is that we have to play on a fucking Monday night.

I'd still give Helen one, even if she is a looking bit rougher these days.

I'd windmill one right up her shitbox
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Fish111 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:22 am

Isn't she a lezzer? Anyway, it's been shite for a few years now. Even when lovejoy was on it it went a bit stale. The format hasn't changed for years and whose that stiff that sits with Helen, what a boring prick he is.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:03 am

irblinx wrote:It's on Sports 2 as well, the 2 hours could be a one off I suppose. It has improved again since they got rid of Goldstein but nowhere near its glory days. The 3 guys that left at t he same time as Lovejoy (Fenners,Sheephead and the Tramp) haven't really been replaced with even half decent quality on screen, but then the chemistry of that crew was always going to be difficult to replicate when you consider that most of them aren't actually in front of camera talent in the normal scheme of things

My bad, didn't spot that they were showing it on SS2.... In my defence, I'd been up since 5.30 with my 9 month old.....

Programme is awful these days though..... with all the resources that Sky have you'd have thought that they would have come up with something fresher to replace what is now a very tired programme.

At least Andy Goldstein's is no longer invloved.... how the hell that man has a job in TV/radio, I will never know? An A-hole of the highest order....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum