He's Signed On The Dotted Line, At Last!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

He's Signed On The Dotted Line, At Last!

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:09 pm

Marco Pierre White that is ;-)

Top chef raises culinary bar at City Square

Manchester City is delighted to announce it has teamed up with award winning chef, Marco Pierre White, to create a unique ‘Best of British’ culinary experience for fans on match days.

The first British chef to be awarded 3 prestigious Michelen stars has been brought on board in what is set to be a mouth-watering collaboration between Marco and City’s very own celebrity chef, John Benson Smith.

As part of the new Blue Moon Cafe in the heart of City Square, the pair will devise a new rustic match day menu, aimed at fans that ‘enjoy real food from the farm to their fork’. Supporters can expect a fusion of traditional and earthy Northern classics, without the organic premium price tag.

Among other favourites, fans will be able to purchase flavoursome chunky sausage rolls, real pork pies, onion bhajis, pastries and pickled eggs to name but a few.

The new ‘real fast food’ concept is a celebration of the North West’s rich agriculture and will feature only the finest, locally sourced ingredients from Lancashire and the surrounding countryside.

City’s Consultant Chef, John Benson Smith, said: “At City we are hugely passionate about the food we serve. The new match day menu will appeal to all age groups and tastes buds. We know our fans want no nonsense food that tastes great and doesn’t cost the earth. At the Blue Moon cafe they can expect both, as well as being highly nutritious and locally sourced.”

This vision is shared by Marco Pierre White, who says: “City Square is about raising the bar in both pre match day entertainment and the expectations of what real fans can expect to experience when they come to the football. The food off the pitch should be as inspiring as the football on it. That doesn’t necessarily mean champagne and caviar. It can be as cheap as chips, so long as it’s done right using real, locally sourced ingredients that taste great.”

City Square is another example of how the Club is continually reacting to fan insight, by providing more amenities and pre-match entertainment opportunities around the stadium.

The Blue Moon Cafe will be open for business when City Square launches for City’s first home game against Liverpool on 23 August.

Come on, how many of you thought/hoped it was Milner? ;-)

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2010/August/Marco-Pierre-White-onboard-with-City-Square
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: He's Signed On The Dotted Line, At Last!

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:15 pm

You cunt, i thought Mario or Milner had signed then lol ;)
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:19 pm

Pork pies, pastries, sausage rolls, onion bhajis, who would have thought of selling stuff like that? I can see why the guy's such a fucking genius & is clearly worth every penny he gets paid for this sort of thing. I bet he'll come up with another brilliant idea like selling beer in the bars next.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:19 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:You cunt, i thought Mario or Milner had signed then lol ;)

My job is done, I'm off to bed ;-)

Can't wait for the new 'Hare and Corriander Pies' though!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby The Man In Blue » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:19 pm

fuck you beefy, fuck you.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Dameerto » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:20 pm

That food sounds nice, you're still a twunt though.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:22 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Pork pies, pastries, sausage rolls, onion bhajis, who would have thought of selling stuff like that? I can see why the guy's such a fucking genius & is clearly worth every penny he gets paid for this sort of thing. I bet he'll come up with another brilliant idea like selling beer in the bars next.

Have you tried getting a beer in the bars mate?

Here's an idea, seeing's we aren't allowed to take beers to our seats, I reckon they should have a straw system that runs back to the bar and comes out under the seat, with a hot chick to lift the straw to your mouth. What'd ya reckon?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:26 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:You cunt, i thought Mario or Milner had signed then lol ;)

My job is done, I'm off to bed ;-)

So am i since there's nothing to see here!!!!
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:26 pm

I did love his comments:

“City Square is about raising the bar in both pre match day entertainment and the expectations of what real fans can expect to experience when they come to the football. The food off the pitch should be as inspiring as the football on it. That doesn’t necessarily mean champagne and caviar. It can be as cheap as chips, so long as it’s done right using real, [color=#FFFF00]locally sourced ingredients [/color]that taste great.”

Game of footie, beer and Balti pie please Marco...........................DONE!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby The Man In Blue » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:28 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Game of footie, beer and Balti pie please Marco...........................DONE!

that'll be £150 quid please sir!
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby dazby » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:29 pm

Yeah but can it top a pack of crisps at the Townley?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:34 pm

URGENT UPDATE:

Just got off the phone to Gazza (that's Mr Cook to you lot) who's said that although Champagne and Caviar are off the menu in the South Stand, your Prawn and Cucumber Sandwiches are to be upgraded to ......................................... 'No Crust'!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:35 pm

Sky Sports News understands we are also in negotiations with Heston Blumenthal. Apparently he has offered up a mouth watering menu of pies in the shape of COM's made from gnat's testicles and chips made from real pieces of the (blue) moon.

A late move for Gordon Ramsay collapsed with Garry Cook claiming that Ramsay 'bottled it'.
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:37 pm

I love food me!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:41 pm

Has anyone passed it on to Bluemoon yet, I'm sure they'll wanna know?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:42 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Pork pies, pastries, sausage rolls, onion bhajis, who would have thought of selling stuff like that? I can see why the guy's such a fucking genius & is clearly worth every penny he gets paid for this sort of thing. I bet he'll come up with another brilliant idea like selling beer in the bars next.

Here's an idea, seeing's we aren't allowed to take beers to our seats, I reckon they should have a straw system that runs back to the bar and comes out under the seat, with a hot chick to lift the straw to your mouth. What'd ya reckon?

It'd probably be a lukewarm chick.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:55 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

It'd probably be a lukewarm chick.

Ha ha ha, you could always stick her in the Micro and get a Chick-Ding.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Chinners » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:56 pm

Excellent news Beefy ... far better value than the Milner deal at present.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:08 pm

Chinners wrote:Excellent news Beefy ... far better value than the Milner deal at present.

You're right there mate, and it was kept well under the radar; Taggart didn't have a clue!

Mods, can we have a Poll, who'll be the most exciting signing of the summer?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Green & Blue » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:55 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Chinners wrote:Excellent news Beefy ... far better value than the Milner deal at present.

You're right there mate, and it was kept well under the radar; Taggart didn't have a clue!

Mods, can we have a Poll, who'll be the most exciting signing of the summer?

It finally seems he has actually gone off to bed, i wont hold my breath ;)
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum