Drawing a line. 48 hours to go

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Drawing a line. 48 hours to go

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:33 am

City fans are facing a situation of stresses and change. Currently we are dealing with possibly letting go of what we know and have known.. if you like what City was. However fans are eternal, at least the hardcore are and it is they who essentially sustain a club over time.. you cant quite say they are the club but you all know what i mean. So it is no surprise in a way that the revolution that is going on at City is going to throw up not only core differences of opinion expressed in so many ways, but also core differences in held values. and my point is that this is not just between different people it is also within each of us.
None of us want to see the Club lose what we cherish and hold dear and yet we all want the ambition that is on offer.. and we want it bad.
I suppose what this says is that we are in a dilemna.. How much do we have to change to achieve? In what way do we have to change? What do we want to keep and hold at all costs.. anything?
We have ultimately to put our faith in the people making the decisions.. some of which will make us question ourselves fo sho. We may not like everything that happens in the name of success, but there is probably no question that in something as competitive as football ruthlessness is a necessity to achieve the top. But ruthlessness can come in many forms shapes and sizes.. eg. a team on top of its game having a lot of fun controlling the ball in a match can be more ruthless in their play than anything associated with just hard work by value of creative play.

My only concern at the moment is that the Club could have handled the situation with players making the 25, staying or moving on, a lot better than they have, i dont see a reason why some players could not have been handled better knowing, it appears, that they were probably not in the plans for the season. It is maybe a small point but there are echoes of the way Dunny was treated and personally i dont see that professional ruthlessness has anything to do with people management or relationships. If anyone at the club is reading this i would simply say that you need to take care of the way you do things.. all things have a knock on effect and can be very slow burning. There is a pattern that seems to be emerging in the way we deal with personnel we no longer see value in, dont underestimate the way other people both see and read that.. as well as how long they remember it. I assume that Cookie & Co have done all their Core Values malarky on a good old away day some time ago, it wouldn't take a mystic brain surgeon to work out that City have the community and people as one of their traditional organisational values.. dont fucxl it up by just adhering to that in your marketing and public face only. Not treating people with respect can infect a culture and is very difficult to irradicate.

Gripe over.

Mancini is in charge and it is his decisions that we have to have faith in, it is all looking good and we are ready (as much as we can be ) for blast off. So i for one am drawing a line over my annoyance described above as we are going to get enough sh*t thrown at us this season without throwing it at each other and giving the forces that want to see us fail any credit.

So stuff the press, stuff the rags and stuff spurs

Balotelli to start on Sat, let them have the full force!
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Re: Drawing a line. 48 hours to go

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:36 am

So basically,Dont turn into dickheads City and lets win the league?
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:41 am

lets all have a disco wrote:So basically,Dont turn into dickheads City and lets win the league?

yep, thanks once again.. you definitely have a way with words lahad
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:44 am

brite blu sky wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:So basically,Dont turn into dickheads City and lets win the league?

yep, thanks once again.. you definitely have a way with words lahad

Told you it was a free service sweet cheeks.

Oh and i agree.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Beeks » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:04 pm

Fuck it

I look at my life as a city fan over the years and what's happening now is a cakewalk

Who knows what will happen but I'm sure we will have fun along the way ;-)
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:34 pm

Bloody hell. Bible written all over again.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby edgeley blue » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:55 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Fuck it

I look at my life as a city fan over the years and what's happening now is a cakewalk

Who knows what will happen but I'm sure we will have fun along the way ;-)

Totally concur with this, the amount of shit and snide remarks I have put up with is beyond belief. From rags to the press to other players taking the piss. Fuckin deedums to Bellamy on his 90 grand a week and moaning all the time. We are in for the time of our lives so c,mon boys and girls enjoy it. When we see silver pots lifted at Eastlands nobody will care how we did it or how ruthless we were in doing it
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby Feed The Goat » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:27 pm

I think we do the community thing quite well. My little lad has spent 2 hours a day for theist 2 weeks with a coach from city in wythenshawe.
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Return to The Maine Football forum