**Official England V Hungary Match Thread**

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: **Official England V Hungary Match Thread**

Postby shawzy » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:38 pm

Rooney is a whining bastard..Glad hes off and we have come good without the knobhead.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:41 pm

I fucking Lurrrrvvvvvv England...............................fickle bastard ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dameerto » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:41 pm

Zamora's done more than Rooney this match already and there's still 10 mins to go.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby bluej » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:45 pm

Wilshere should be banned for going in with a raised boot, this is not how the game should be played. Tackles like this will end someone's career. [/Wenger]
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:45 pm

sandman wrote:
walmai wrote:
Svensational wrote:
BlueMoonAwoken wrote:he is playing the 11 he should of played in the world cup.

I wouldnt of played Jagielka at CB with Terry in the WC mate!

With hindsight, I wouldn't have played Barry, either.

Neither would I, for club or country.

Had to come back to this, I disagree and do think Barry gives more to the team than most. His job is to gather the ball and spread the play, it doesn't help his game when certain players just want to stand around and get applauded for turning up. Fair enough, it was too early for his return in the WC, but at full fitness, I think he's a rock.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby irblinx » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:46 pm

Lots of substitutions as Capello is mindful of the players conditioning ........... So why do all 3 of our players stay on for 90 mins?
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby 1921 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:47 pm

Nice one Image
Negouai's Red Cards

Supporter of: Poli Timisoara

Postby walmai » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:47 pm

He was terribly exposed at the WC - against Germany - but I take the point that he shouldn't have been rushed back.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby sandman » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:57 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
sandman wrote:
walmai wrote:
Svensational wrote:
BlueMoonAwoken wrote:he is playing the 11 he should of played in the world cup.

I wouldnt of played Jagielka at CB with Terry in the WC mate!

Had to come back to this, I disagree and do think Barry gives more to the team than most. His job is to gather the ball and spread the play, it doesn't help his game when certain players just want to stand around and get applauded for turning up. Fair enough, it was too early for his return in the WC, but at full fitness, I think he's a rock.

I respectivley totally disagree, he has lost two or three yards of pace and he never ever makes a tackle, never ever challenges for anything and so far too much gets by him, I also believe he is one reason our defence is exposed too often, if we defended from the front like the great teams do then our already unsteady defence wouldnt be put under unnecessary pressure.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:04 pm

sandman wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
sandman wrote:
walmai wrote:
Svensational wrote:I wouldnt of played Jagielka at CB with Terry in the WC mate!

I respectivley totally disagree, he has lost two or three yards of pace and he never ever makes a tackle, never ever challenges for anything and so far too much gets by him, I also believe he is one reason our defence is exposed too often, if we defended from the front like the great teams do then our already unsteady defence wouldnt be put under unnecessary pressure.

Just like attacking from defence, things will inevitably go wrong if players can't be arsed or are struggling with fitness.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:05 pm

irblinx wrote:Lots of substitutions as Capello is mindful of the players conditioning ........... So why do all 3 of our players stay on for 90 mins?

It was authorised by the FA, not Capello ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Grob » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:06 pm

sandman wrote:

Barry is a clever player. He never had any pace to begin with so im not sure where 2 or 3 yards has gone. Uses his body well like Hamann did. De Jong tends to see more of the ball in the areas where Barry likes to play. Half our problem last season was the similarities in midfield of those 2. Barry ended up doing alot of box to box work. Thought he did well there but not outstandingly.

Milner should take his place at the weekend. With Milner, Yaya and Nigel, you have the perfect mix of attributes in midfield.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby sandman » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:07 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Just like attacking from defence, things will inevitably go wrong if players can't be arsed or are struggling with fitness.

Well if he cant be arsed or is struggling with fitness then he should be sat out anyway, after all we have better options waiting to get into the side.
sandman

Postby BobKowalski » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:08 pm

Enjoyed that. Once Rooney was off we looked different gear :)

Barry was fine and AJ is much more effective and dangerous on the right.

The lads did good.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby sandman » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:13 pm

Grob wrote:
sandman wrote:

Barry is a clever player. He never had any pace to begin with so im not sure where 2 or 3 yards has gone. Uses his body well like Hamann did. De Jong tends to see more of the ball in the areas where Barry likes to play. Half our problem last season was the similarities in midfield of those 2. Barry ended up doing alot of box to box work. Thought he did well there but not outstandingly.

Milner should take his place at the weekend. With Milner, Yaya and Nigel, you have the perfect mix of attributes in midfield.

I think Barry is fantastic at finding positions and he does cover a lot of ground (though not very quickly) I honestly remember him being that bit sharper at Villa hence my comments on the yards of pace. I personally would rather see DeJong playing the defensive role with Yaya going forward, after all Yaya can do and does do both. I would like Milner to come into the squad but not really to replace anyone directly but to give us further options as he's so versatile.
sandman

Postby Blue2 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:23 pm

All thre of our lads did well. Barry looked a bit dodgy in the first 15- 20 mins but was excellent after that. Hart''s distribution is fantastic ( much better than Given) and he looked solid. Johnson played well with some clever passing, just needs a bit more confidence to take players on. Much better second half than he was in the first.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby sandman » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:30 pm

Blue2 wrote:All thre of our lads did well. Barry looked a bit dodgy in the first 15- 20 mins but was excellent after that. Hart''s distribution is fantastic ( much better than Given) and he looked solid. Johnson played well with some clever passing, just needs a bit more confidence to take players on. Much better second half than he was in the first.

Get out of my head.. I totally agree, I think thats a massive improvement from Joe from the days of hoofing it straight down the park straight to the wrong shirt, I thought that was his one downfall which seems to have been rectified totally.

I also agree with the AJ point, I thought when he kept cutting inside instead of facing Evra last season he was running into dead ends. I guess that will come with experience?
sandman

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:33 pm

Interesting that, after all the talk of spain keeping the ball & playing a short passing game, it was the Lampard/Rooney/Gerrard's who kept losing patience with the passing game & trying glory balls that weren't on. The younger players on the whole , were trying to keep the ball & happy to wait for an opportunity to open, wheras the 'top' players kept trying to force it & gave the ball away before getting into the danger area.

Zamora is a class above most of the other Rooney replacements & a good find for short term. Barry is good when the team plays a passing game but crap when it gets stretched. Lampard should NEVER play. He just upsets the balance.

None of the centre backs are good enough.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby BobKowalski » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:39 pm

Blue2 wrote:All thre of our lads did well. Barry looked a bit dodgy in the first 15- 20 mins but was excellent after that. Hart''s distribution is fantastic ( much better than Given) and he looked solid. Johnson played well with some clever passing, just needs a bit more confidence to take players on. Much better second half than he was in the first.

AJ was better because he was on the right which is the place to play him. Much more of a threat on the right.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:45 pm

BobKowalski wrote:

AJ was better because he was on the right which is the place to play him. Much more of a threat on the right.

That's only because he knows it better as he's been forced to play there, 1st because of Downing at Boro & now because of Mancini. He needs to learn to play on the left as well imo or we'll have yet another brilliant young player who ends up one dimensional & half as good as Ryan Giggs rather than a similar quality player.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum