**Official England V Hungary Match Thread**

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: **Official England V Hungary Match Thread**

Postby gillie » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:46 pm

And for a few minutes City can boast that the England Captain is on our books.As Barry took the armband when Gerrard went off.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby ryanmjo » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:53 pm

Silva's just scored for Spain.
ryanmjo
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby shawzy » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:55 pm

Thought the City lads done England proud tonight...Fabio must like them playing all 3 for 90 mins........Aj cross for Zamora was amazingly accurate..Hope he whips a few more in the box like on Sat :-)
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby BobKowalski » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:59 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:
Blue2 wrote:All thre of our lads did well. Barry looked a bit dodgy in the first 15- 20 mins but was excellent after that. Hart''s distribution is fantastic ( much better than Given) and he looked solid. Johnson played well with some clever passing, just needs a bit more confidence to take players on. Much better second half than he was in the first.

AJ was better because he was on the right which is the place to play him. Much more of a threat on the right.

That's only because he knows it better as he's been forced to play there, 1st because of Downing at Boro & now because of Mancini. He needs to learn to play on the left as well imo or we'll have yet another brilliant young player who ends up one dimensional & half as good as Ryan Giggs rather than a similar quality player.

Oh I don't know. Giggs is shit on the right. Well maybe he is shit as to be honest I have no idea! Personally I'm a big fan of the reverse winger or whatever its called especially if you have fullbacks who can also get forward and deliver more conventional wing play. I don't disagree that playing both sides with equal effectiveness is the ideal however playing on the opposite side will always lead to a more direct threat on goal. They doubled up on AJ and Young in the 2nd which left holes to be exploited which AJ and Young did several times by laying the ball off for the FB to drive forward. Gibbs did this with more confidence then Johnson G who had a relatively poor game imo.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:57 am

sandman wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Just like attacking from defence, things will inevitably go wrong if players can't be arsed or are struggling with fitness.

Well if he cant be arsed or is struggling with fitness then he should be sat out anyway, after all we have better options waiting to get into the side.

That's it in an nutshell really. All of a sudden Barry isn't good enough for us or England because we have better options, yet not too long ago he was the centre piece for Aston Villa, coverted by Liverpool, bought by us and still playing for England. What gives in this present day throw-away football society that is now Man City?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby sandman » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:08 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
sandman wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Just like attacking from defence, things will inevitably go wrong if players can't be arsed or are struggling with fitness.

Well if he cant be arsed or is struggling with fitness then he should be sat out anyway, after all we have better options waiting to get into the side.

That's it in an nutshell really. All of a sudden Barry isn't good enough for us or England because we have better options, yet not too long ago he was the centre piece for Aston Villa, coverted by Liverpool, bought by us and still playing for England. What gives in this present day throw-away football society that is now Man City?

Its not all of a sudden, I have always thought that Barry was over-rated but mostly so at City. He was a poor signing because he was just adequate, good enough for where we were but not where we're going. I cannot remember many matches where he really impressed?
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum