Multiple pints to be poured in seconds

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Multiple pints to be poured in seconds

Postby Surrey Sky Blue » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:40 pm

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20 ... n-for-fans

City is delighted to announce the launch of City Square – a brand new pre-match entertainment zone designed with Blues fans squarely in mind.
The project will be the first of its kind at a Premier League club, and is sure to raise the crossbar for how football clubs embrace their supporters in the build up to home matches.

City Square will be a vibrant and state-of-the-art fan experience, located on Joe Mercer way outside the Citystore. In addition to being a place for families to congregate before matches, it will also provide fans with entertainment. Giant media screens will be streaming specially edited and live video content, while the Club’s community arm – CITC - will provide match day activities for children.

City Square will boast the Summerbee and Star bar which will be kitted out with the latest technology enabling multiple pints to be poured in seconds. The Blue Moon cafe will also be serving up a range of traditional northern favourites with a twist. All of which will be under the cover of a series of specially designed waterproof canopies, designed to keep the fun in and the famous Manchester weather out.

The aim of City Square is to greatly enhance the match day experience of our supporters by providing them with exceptional food, drink and entertainment facilities within a family friendly environment.

...Blues' CEO Garry Cook on City Square

BDP Project Director John Doyle, the architects commissioned to design City Square, said: “City Square is all about extending the pre-match build-up and excitement outside of the stadium and onto the surrounding concourse to bring fans together in a fanzone specially designed for their entertainment. It's about meeting friends, having something to eat and drink and being entertained in a family friendly atmosphere on the club’s doorstep.”

As City Square has been flexibly designed, it will also be used for non-match day events to provide entertainment and hospitality for up to five thousand customers and will have direct links to the new Metrolink station which opens in 2012.

City Square will officially kick off at 5pm on 23rd August, before City’s first home match against Liverpool. Fans are invited to come on down and get the carnival atmosphere started in true City style.
Hark now hear, The City sing, United ran away, And we will fight for ever more, Because of Derby day.
Surrey Sky Blue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Shorter working days
My favourite player is: Zabba!!

Re: Multiple pints to be poured in seconds

Postby john@staustell » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:42 pm

The multiple pints business has been on the market for a while, not state of the art.

But it's nice to see us catching up!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:46 pm

This multiple pint pouring thing is new,they have got these new taps installed that literally throw the beer into the pint pot in seconds i reckon they are much quicker than even those pull down numbers they used to have.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:49 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:This multiple pint pouring thing is new,they have got these new taps installed that literally throw the beer into the pint pot in seconds i reckon they are much quicker than even those pull down numbers they used to have.

What happens if you stick your mouth under one?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:56 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:This multiple pint pouring thing is new,they have got these new taps installed that literally throw the beer into the pint pot in seconds i reckon they are much quicker than even those pull down numbers they used to have.

You could get a very fast mouthful of beer.

As it goes at Eastlands this year,i had a few beers on Satdi but it seems to have got really expensive so i reckon im gonna be bringing my hipflask again or going without.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:59 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

You could get a very fast mouthful of beer.

As it goes at Eastlands this year,i had a few beers on Satdi but it seems to have got really expensive so i reckon im gonna be bringing my hipflask again or going without.

Everything's fucking expensive imo. I'll probably have a pint there if there's a nice day before the weather gets cold but I don't usually get time to hang around the ground anyway.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beeks » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:00 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:they have got these new taps installed that literally throw the beer into the pint pot in seconds i reckon they are much quicker than even those pull down numbers they used to have.

Yeah they were fucking brilliant...we got the inside info on the technology from Big Bris mate in the beer room
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby The Man In Blue » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:10 pm

do we still have singha? i'd like multiple pints of that poured in seconds.

think i'm with lahad though, hip flask all the way after september.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beeks » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:13 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:do we still have singha?

No Singha mate just piss water
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby The Man In Blue » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:24 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:do we still have singha?

No Singha mate just piss water

The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby french_tony » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:31 pm

Good for City...but if they think I am going to buy a beer for £3.90 a pint this year like it is in the stadium they have got another thing coming. Crazy price!
french_tony
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beeks » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:34 pm

french_tony wrote:Good for City...but if they think I am going to buy a beer for £3.90 a pint this year like it is in the stadium they have got another thing coming. Crazy price!

I wasn't so much arsed about that than it was fucking £4 for a hotdog!?!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby the_georgian_genius » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:11 pm

£3.90 for a pint? hahahahahahahahahaha
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:43 pm

They have had them at Birmingham since at least 2001 as far as I can remember
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Surrey Sky Blue » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:57 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:£3.90 for a pint? hahahahahahahahahaha

About average in my neck of the woods!!

Townley for me!!
Hark now hear, The City sing, United ran away, And we will fight for ever more, Because of Derby day.
Surrey Sky Blue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Shorter working days
My favourite player is: Zabba!!

Postby ant london » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:02 pm

Surrey Sky Blue wrote:

Townley for me!!

Yeah that's what I was thinking....the only drinks price shocks I can remember in the last ten or so years were

getting charged 20 quid for four bottles of budweiser at some jumped up shithole in covent garden at 5pm on a thursday afternoon in about 2003

and being charged 34 for four cocktails in about 1999/2000 in Mash/Air in town which was mindblowing at the time and still seems steep retrospectively

4 quid a pint honestly doesn't seem that expensive??
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:07 pm

Does this mean that I can order myself 4 pints at once? I'll need them now the Singha's been binned!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beeks » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:31 pm

ant london wrote:
Surrey Sky Blue wrote:

Townley for me!!

Yeah that's what I was thinking....the only drinks price shocks I can remember in the last ten or so years were

getting charged 20 quid for four bottles of budweiser at some jumped up shithole in covent garden at 5pm on a thursday afternoon in about 2003

and being charged 34 for four cocktails in about 1999/2000 in Mash/Air in town which was mindblowing at the time and still seems steep retrospectively

I went to a music seminar in Canne around 10 years ago and in one of the bars there my mate got charged £8 for half a coke!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:34 pm

ant london wrote:
Surrey Sky Blue wrote:

Townley for me!!

i travel so much in business that honestly that price seems "fair" which is how stilted my perspective is. Too many hotel bars with 12 dollar whiskys and 9 dollar pints.

hipflasks are all the rage. BYOB everywhere is the future for sure. i might get an IV drip next time i come over so i can join in the fun. i get drank under the table by the alcoholicks on my UK team everytime, and i can drink my fair share and am not a small man. Even women can drink more than the average American man. Yr pissing it at drinking. Top of the food chain. Congrats!

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:16 pm

ant london wrote:
Surrey Sky Blue wrote:

Townley for me!!

The bulk of people inside COMS wont drink in swanky city centre bars other than on the odd occasion, and you bet your arse they resent the cost every time they do. People in general wont put up with a £4 pint.

The club set their stall out when they sent that ridiculous survey out during the summer where every question started "Aside from price.......so they clearly knew price was the main issue with city's hospitality offering! Regardless of the fast pourers, the prices in the ground is blatant profiteering for shit quality products.

I for one will be managing to survive for 90 minutes without a pint this season.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum