Vieira & Mancini

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Vieira & Mancini

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:05 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
How's Bayern's season preparations going? Alles gut? Ja?

Epic fail for you trying to fight dirty. I commend your attempt tho. It was ambitious.

You seem really really tense and angry before the kickoff to the new season and im just fuclin brimming with excitement, energy and anticipation. Sure im nervous as well and the squad could be more settled, clearer, etc but any club with as much talent as we've collected can expect some growing pains forming a team. I'm excited to witness that process.

What's your story? Also, it goes without saying in this thread but, show me your balls?

I'm sure he will bite no problem.

Yeah, I admit it. I feel quite tense about saturday.

Here's my Ballsack

Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:07 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
How's Bayern's season preparations going? Alles gut? Ja?

Epic fail for you trying to fight dirty. I commend your attempt tho. It was ambitious.

You seem really really tense and angry before the kickoff to the new season and im just fuclin brimming with excitement, energy and anticipation. Sure im nervous as well and the squad could be more settled, clearer, etc but any club with as much talent as we've collected can expect some growing pains forming a team. I'm excited to witness that process.

What's your story? Also, it goes without saying in this thread but, show me your balls?

I'm sure he will bite no problem.

Yeah, I admit it. I feel quite tense about saturday.

Here's my Ballsack

i love it when you come out to play. Well done.

No one else likes to party much anymore...hope we meet for a pint at the Townley in a month.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Dameerto » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:09 pm

Did someone mention balls?

VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:10 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

i love it when you come out to play. Well done.

No one else likes to party much anymore...hope we meet for a pint at the Townley in a month.

cheers

Booked my flights today..... get it sorted.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby the_georgian_genius » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:13 pm

Vieria is vital to us this season even if he doesn't play that much.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Slim » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:21 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:Vieria is vital to us this season even if he doesn't play that much.

True, experience and depth will give us endurance over the whole term. I hope he has gotten to full fitness cause the lethargic chain smoker we had last year was depressing at times, but a fully fit, experienced and undoubtedly talented French Pat. Well you could have a lot worse as your 3rd or 4th choice midfielder.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby the_georgian_genius » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:35 pm

Slim wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:Vieria is vital to us this season even if he doesn't play that much.

True, experience and depth will give us endurance over the whole term. I hope he has gotten to full fitness cause the lethargic chain smoker we had last year was depressing at times, but a fully fit, experienced and undoubtedly talented French Pat. Well you could have a lot worse as your 3rd or 4th choice midfielder.

Excatly, i thought he was good last year for us, obviously lacking fitness but you saw on Saturday against Valencia and that ball for Adebayor v Bolton last season that you never lose your ability, it's just the fitness you lose. If we have won 5 out of 5 games in the europa league group and got a pointless game away in Turkey, i can think of noone better to play in midfield rather than risking De Jong, Toure, Barry ect.
the_georgian_genius

Postby Grob » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:56 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:said it in another thread, i'll say it again: if vieira gets into the 25 ahead of bellamy the club have gone raving fucking mad.

If Vieria gets into the 25 ahead of Bellemy and Ireland then ill assume the person picking the 25 clearly doesnt see things the way most of the fans do.

Maybe keeping Vieria and selling these 2 will be the right decision. Time will tell. My opinion is it wont.

And as a side note, if it was Mark Hughes making the above decision, there would be uproar from the Sack Lickers.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby citytilidie » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:00 pm

Grob wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:said it in another thread, i'll say it again: if vieira gets into the 25 ahead of bellamy the club have gone raving fucking mad.

If Vieria gets into the 25 ahead of Bellemy and Ireland then ill assume the person picking the 25 clearly doesnt see things the way most of the fans do.

Maybe keeping Vieria and selling these 2 will be the right decision. Time will tell. My opinion is it wont.

And as a side note, if it was Mark Hughes making the above decision, there would be uproar from the Sack Lickers.

than fuck i'm not the only one. i cannot believe there is even a debate as to bellamy being in the squad, u need players like him around
It's better to regret something you did than something you didn't.
citytilidie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby shawzy » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:02 pm

Theres deffo some dry bumming between the two blokes...I cannot think of any other reason why Bobby wud pick him over better players.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby BobKowalski » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:11 pm

Grob wrote:

Vieira has no impact on the inclusion or otherwise of Bellamy and Ireland. Mancini is not struggling to whittle down the squad to 25. Mancini can accommodate Bellamy, Ireland and Vieira quite easily if he wanted to its just that he doesn't want to so he ain't going to. Vieira is one big, floppy, smelly red herring in all of this. If Bellamy gets the chop its because Mancini doesn't want Bellamy. The End.

Media now reporting Bellers to be fined. End of road for Bellamy yada, yada. Usual stuff. Kind of think that the club were waiting for Bellers to drop himself in it and then cut him off at the knees. Which is kind of ironic I suppose.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby mcfc1632 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:19 pm

I had thought that this was obvious from the moment Mancini brought PV in - he was not good enough for our 1st team squad then - he certainly is not now - therefore being a regular 1st team player cannot be what it is about - so it must be that in the pressure situation Mancini found himself in January - and now - he looks to people he knows and trusts to be his 'colleagues' in this high-pressure environment.

He has recently brought in 'mister potato head' and Lombardi into the management team for the same reasons - he was able to bring his man from ACM (PV) in January on a free to bring some support into the dressing room - this can be the only reason and it does indeed make a lot of sense (PV will probably stay on after next year in a coaching team role) - we would probably all do the same - and for those that have been in senior management positions - I bet you have.

So it did not cost money - so that was OK - the only issue then is does it mean some exclusion for a key player in the 25 man squad - 'cos if it does I would rather PV was named in the Europa squad only.

But this still confuses me - and I think that we are in danger of 'going off one one' because of recent press reports - is there really a 25 man squad problem??

I posted the bit below in the Bellamy thread and I think it shows that we are allowing the media to successfully sow discontent:

"But also - I cannot really see the 25 man squad issue - I think that he will be in - unless causing shit at this key time when every player should be concentrating on the start of the season - pushes the manager against him. Allowing for the under 21s to not have to be counted, would not the squad look something like:

Given, Hart,Taylor

Bridge, Kolarov, Richards, Zabaleta, Toure, Kompany, Lescott, Boateng,

A Johnson, Silva, Wright-Phillips, Milner, Barry, de Jong, Toure, Vieira, M Johnson,

Adebayor, Jo, Tevez, Robinho, Bellers

Personally, I would take Taylor out of the squad and just go with 2 keepers - come on here - the 25 man rule is until January - 4 months!! - and it makes provision for emergency back-up - especially for the keeper situation - I would put Taylor in the Europa league spots and he can be drafted in come January if there is a problem

I know it is conventional wisdom to have 3 keepers - but it is a (potential) waste of a spot for me - given the emergency rules - obviously only cut him if we are stuck for space.

So before Bellers is out, Taylor is gone - then M. Johnson, then probably Robinho, then possibly Jo - then possibly SWP, then possibly Zabs - is this all because he has 'not been told'?? - well I guess these other players have not been told either."
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby BobKowalski » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:30 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:I

But this still confuses me - and I think that we are in danger of 'going off one one' because of recent press reports - is there really a 25 man squad problem??

No in my opinion there isn't. I don't think MJ will be inculded purely because of fitness doubts allowing him to play in cup matches if necessary. Robbie and Jo are anybody's guess but outside of them I think all the players are fairly relaxed about the 25 because we can accomodate them all fairly easily. The debate is not really about the 25 but who Mancini wants in his squad and its seems increasingly clear Bellamy is not wanted. That is the debate. Mancini and Bellamy. Not Vieira is taking Bellamy's place because Bellamy hasn't got a place under Mancini irrespective of the 25 squad ruling.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby mcfc1632 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:36 pm

BobKowalski wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:I

No in my opinion there isn't. I don't think MJ will be inculded purely because of fitness doubts allowing him to play in cup matches if necessary. Robbie and Jo are anybody's guess but outside of them I think all the players are fairly relaxed about the 25 because we can accomodate them all fairly easily. The debate is not really about the 25 but who Mancini wants in his squad and its seems increasingly clear Bellamy is not wanted. That is the debate. Mancini and Bellamy. Not Vieira is taking Bellamy's place because Bellamy hasn't got a place under Mancini irrespective of the 25 squad ruling.

So you and I agree - but in this thread there seems to be a view that Mancini is at fault for showing some kind of 'favouritism' towards Vieira that results in a key player not getting a squad place - I do not think that is a true scenario
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Abu Dhabi » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:44 am

Vieira will win us two games this season by his own, just saying.
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:36 am

Abu Dhabi wrote:Vieira will win us two games this season by his own, just saying.

Heresy! Burn this evil witch!

You are not allowed to think that this no talent shitbag could actually contribute.

I actually agree that he will contribute this season.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Colin the King » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:54 am

Personally, I don't think Vieira will contribute an awful lot on the pitch, nor do I necessarily agree with the idea of having a player just as a figure in the dressing room.

The reality is, though, managers have their favourites. Players who have total belief in them and who they believe in totally- see Hughes with Santa Cruz and Bellamy, Mourinho with Carvalho, Defoe with Redknapp. It's 6am so they're probably not the best of examples but you get the idea.

Why justify it? It's just something that happens in football, jobs for the boys. Mancini is no better or worse than other managers, and this constant fucking go between of the two 'camps' is tiresome. "Oh yeah but if Hughes did abc you'd go mental" and "You're only giving out because it's Mancini". Shut up. You're all as bad as each other.

/rant
Colin the King

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Slim » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:15 am

Grob wrote:

Well done, proof that it is indeed the Hughes lickers who cannot get over losing The Clueless One and move on.

Maybe call yourself a Cottager and fuck off to Fulham, if you are obsessed with the rag this much.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Alioune DVToure » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:54 am

Slim wrote:
Grob wrote:

Well done, proof that it is indeed the Hughes lickers who cannot get over losing The Clueless One and move on.

Maybe call yourself a Cottager and fuck off to Fulham, if you are obsessed with the rag this much.

Pretty childish response to a perfectly valid point. It wasn't just Hughes but also a lot of his backers on here that had to put up with "licker" this and that. I'll again refer to NQDP's suggestion that he'd show favouritism towards Welsh players (Evans) or players he'd managed previously (Santa Cruz, Bellamy). Why do you feel Mancini should be exempt from similar accusations and criticism? I think there's room for Vieira so I don't mind either way. But I think you're a hypocrite.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Guy Debord » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:09 am

If anyone's keeping Ireland and Bellamy out of the 25 it's Johnson, Silva, Robinho et al, not Vieira.

They don't play in the same position.

Mancini is picking 4 holding midfielders in Vieira, Yaya, De Jong and Barry.
Guy Debord
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Columma Durruti

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum