Another question about the 25...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Another question about the 25...

Postby Tony P » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:48 am

With the registration date being at the end of August, am I right in thinking that any/all players can play up to the end of the month? So Bellers could play a few games to prove his worth to Bobby and then be picked/sold?
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Re: Another question about the 25...

Postby sweenyuk » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:52 am

yes
sweenyuk
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Slim » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:18 am

And I believe that during January the 25 list no longer applies and a new one is submitted at the end of that transfer window.

And if he doesn't make the 25 he wants to be sold? Good luck Craig you moron, the list is finalised at the end of the window, maybe he could claim he was asleep at the airport.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby craigmcfc » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:28 am

Oi, less of the insults Slim tyvm
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby paddyblue » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:19 am

this may have been answered already, but as the transfer window opens on the first day of january and the 25 man list is submitted on the last day of january, is the month of january open to any number of players?
paddyblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby BobKowalski » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:36 am

paddyblue wrote:this may have been answered already, but as the transfer window opens on the first day of january and the 25 man list is submitted on the last day of january, is the month of january open to any number of players?

As I understand it yes. Just as August is a 'free' month so is January
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:36 am

Tony P wrote:With the registration date being at the end of August, am I right in thinking that any/all players can play up to the end of the month? So Bellers could play a few games to prove his worth to Bobby and then be picked/sold?

But if he hasn't been picked or sold at that point, he sits on his arse until January, in potentially one of his last years as a footballer, having to somehow keep himself fit & motivated with 2 dodgy knees, running around the training ground in shit weather for no reason.

Understandably, he want's the club to reach a decision before then or is genuinely considering quitting, rather than training for months with no football & possibly losing his sharpness & therefore the rest of his career anyway.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby OliverHardy » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:59 am

does anyone think the 25 rule was created with us solely in mind?
OliverHardy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:01 am

OliverHardy wrote:does anyone think the 25 rule was created with us solely in mind?

Maybe,but i dont give a shit as long as the 25 we put forward are better equipped than the rest.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby sweenyuk » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:08 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Tony P wrote:With the registration date being at the end of August, am I right in thinking that any/all players can play up to the end of the month? So Bellers could play a few games to prove his worth to Bobby and then be picked/sold?

But if he hasn't been picked or sold at that point, he sits on his arse until January, in potentially one of his last years as a footballer, having to somehow keep himself fit & motivated with 2 dodgy knees, running around the training ground in shit weather for no reason.

Understandably, he want's the club to reach a decision before then or is genuinely considering quitting, rather than training for months with no football & possibly losing his sharpness & therefore the rest of his career anyway.
all cup games work to different rules, so he culd be listed in some or all cup squads but left out of PL squad
sweenyuk
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby kinkylola » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:37 am

SOrry to bring back an older thread ... but Boateng is 21 until the 3rd of september ... and so that means he doesn't have to be registered this term? Is that correct?

I don't know, maybe everyone already realized this except me ... but it just hit me like a revelation.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby john@staustell » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:41 am

kinkylola wrote:SOrry to bring back an older thread ... but Boateng is 21 until the 3rd of september ... and so that means he doesn't have to be registered this term? Is that correct?

I don't know, maybe everyone already realized this except me ... but it just hit me like a revelation.

Think so mate, but not sure.

Some threads on different sites now think it's U21 full stop. But there used to be some story about the player being brought up at that club for 3 years.

Congrats on your Road to Damascus moment anyway.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:30 am

sweenyuk wrote:all cup games work to different rules, so he culd be listed in some or all cup squads but left out of PL squad

All that involves is League Cup 3rd, 4th and 5th rounds until January. 3 games maximum (or can there be replays in some of the rounds?).

By the way- did you have contact with a Belgian guy in a wheelchair coming to the game this weekend? He's a friend of 2 of my mates, and going to 4 prem games in a weekend. I think he's in with the City fans for the Spurs match.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Return to The Maine Football forum