Robinho v USA

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Robinho v USA

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:26 am

TonyM wrote:Robinho has done little wrong in my mind. He was injured at the start of the season, couldn't find form in a shambolic team, couldn't get on with certain players and wanted regular games before the WC (same as Hart). He went on loan to the team he supports and said he wanted to stay. Too many people on here are easily insulted. Billy big boys when igt comes to Robinho, Ireland, RSC, M.Johnson etc. Robinho is not the devil, Ireland is not dim-wittded or mad, RSC is not injured constantly on purpose and Michael Johnson is not a drunk.

If Robinho stays then I hope he does well. I fear though that it will be the boo boys that'll decide Robinho's fate before Sept 1st. We have fair few who like stereotyping our players instead of supporting them (am I generalizing enough?).

By the way those who think we are going to walk the league and don't need the likes of Robinho and Ireland are in for a rude awakening I think. Or maybe I am in for that awakening when we tuirn out o be amazing from the first game on. Just think it's highly unlikely and we'll be screaming for a goal from anywhere ... if we let the creative players go and rely on the players we brought in who need time to figure out the Premiership.

Don't think there's a single City fan who thinks we'll walk the league & don't see why you're suggesting it.

Robinho & Ireland are to blame for their own situations, nobody else. Don't forget, Robinho also went missing (quite literally) the season before. That was purely down to him & he received an incredible amount of leeway & support from both management & fans afterwards. I doubt many players at other clubs would get the same understanding. He paid us back by giving us nothing. It would be nice to think he'd give us something back in the future but I won't hold my breath.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:18 am

Blue2 wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I miss Robinho :(

I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire

thats two of us then

I would piss on you two if Robinho was on fire though.

Just saying.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby ENIAM NAM » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:29 am

I would love a happy Robbie back in the squad.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:42 am

I stil think we should keep ned :-)
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:43 am

If Nedum can play for Brazil so can I.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:48 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Blue2 wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

thats two of us then

Just saying.

That was my post and you know it. Luckily you get out of bed before me. Plenty of thunder to go around so im glad to share.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby dazby » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:54 pm

I would be on fire if I could piss in the same place as Robinho and IBH.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:50 pm

Wonderwall wrote:IMO Ned is a top class CB and good cover for RB. If he could stay injury free he would be first choice for us, I dont want him to go anywhere permanently and think a loan would be a good move. I would love him to get a lot of injury free games under his belt and come back and be our first choice for years to come.

Worst opinion ever.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Florida Blue » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:52 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:IMO Ned is a top class CB and good cover for RB. If he could stay injury free he would be first choice for us, I dont want him to go anywhere permanently and think a loan would be a good move. I would love him to get a lot of injury free games under his belt and come back and be our first choice for years to come.

Worst opinion ever.

No that was the guys who thought Danny Mills was a great signing, this is a close 2nd. FACT!
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby ryanmjo » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:46 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
ryanmjo wrote:I don't know, everyone here was in love with Neymar and Robinho after last night, but did you see who they were going up against? A backup right back for West Ham and a left back who isn't great even by MLS standards. Not to mention a central defender getting his first ever cap.

You can bet your life they would have snuffed out Lampard & Lennon/SWP if it was England though. Those boys were good last night.

Oh, you'll get no argument from me that Neymar and Robinho- and the whole squad really- played well last night. I just think it's silly to take that performance and try to use it to predict how either would do in the Premier League
ryanmjo
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Florida Blue » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:36 pm

ryanmjo wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
ryanmjo wrote:I don't know, everyone here was in love with Neymar and Robinho after last night, but did you see who they were going up against? A backup right back for West Ham and a left back who isn't great even by MLS standards. Not to mention a central defender getting his first ever cap.

You can bet your life they would have snuffed out Lampard & Lennon/SWP if it was England though. Those boys were good last night.

Oh, you'll get no argument from me that Neymar and Robinho- and the whole squad really- played well last night. I just think it's silly to take that performance and try to use it to predict how either would do in the Premier League

Why? It shows what he can do. I don't expect it match in and match out, but he should do it 80% of the time, not 3% like he did last season.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:14 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Blue2 wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

thats two of us then

Just saying.

That was my post and you know it. Luckily you get out of bed before me. Plenty of thunder to go around so im glad to share.

Cheers

Mmmmmm, Bellamy or Robinho...............who would I choose???
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:30 pm

Isn't Robbie due back tonight and if so, have we depatched our reporter to Ringway?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby ryanmjo » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:01 pm

Florida Blue wrote:
ryanmjo wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Why? It shows what he can do. I don't expect it match in and match out, but he should do it 80% of the time, not 3% like he did last season.

Because he was playing against players well below the caliber he'll be seeing week in and week out in the Premier League. Also, it was a nothing match in warm weather with absolutely no pressure with a manager giving him free reign to do whatever he wanted. He won't find that same situation once he returns to Manchester.
ryanmjo
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby dazlebluefrog » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:45 pm

i don't get angry very often but FFS that twat of a brazilian has got some of you licking his arse !!he's stated he doesn't want to come back ,
as i've always said BRAZILIANS DON'T PLAY IN THE PREM LEAGUE(ok maybe 1/2 a season)
he doesn't want to come back and how the fcuk can you "brazilian lovers " want him back after the shit he said about "OUR CLUB "
don't forget also last night was friendly right ?? how many of you were on here giving shit about CITY'S performances during the tour of the states
dazlebluefrog
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Grenoble fc38

Postby Grob » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:16 pm

I just wish the little prick would grow up, apply himself like Jo seems to be doing, and fullfill his fucking potential in a City shirt and win us bucket loads of trophys.

Robinho is one of the worlds greatest footballing talents but one of world footballs most idiotic people.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:52 pm

Grob wrote:I just wish the little prick would grow up, apply himself like Jo seems to be doing, and fullfill his fucking potential in a City shirt and win us bucket loads of trophys.

Robinho is one of the worlds greatest footballing talents but one of world footballs most idiotic people.

If he plays the game simply like he did last night & passes & moves without showing off; no one can get near him. Unfortunately, he often decides he's Georgi Kinkladze on the dribble & he just isn't. He usually wants to do it at the half way line too.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby peg-6 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:47 am

Why don't we swap Robinho with Neyma? This kid is gonna be a big star in 2-3 years. We could give their club some money if they want to.
peg-6
Robinho's Step Over

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum