Robinho v USA

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Robinho v USA

Postby Florida Blue » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:08 am

Makes me sick, he was f'ing brilliant tonight. Generous with passes, class on the ball, and playing with energy. In short time, he will be selfish, flopping and dire. Arguably MoM.

He is an amazing talent with a useless head and a primadonna attitude. If he could play 1/2 as well as he did tonight consistently for City, no one would say a word about his attitude. A f'ing waste if he goes right back to pouting if not sold or loaned.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Re: Robinho v USA

Postby halnone » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:00 am

I watched half of the game and thought he played very well. I just wish he could fucking be like that for City!! a top form Robinho in our team this season would be an amazing addition to an already strong side.
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Michigan Blue » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:18 am

Typical Robbie, talismanic in a friendly against an all-at-seas American side with 30,000 Brazilian fans cheering him on.

Hope the unambitious fucker finds it within himself to come back and knuckle down for the one club that has bent over backwards for him.

Doubt it though.
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:34 am

Robson and Neymar had my 4 year old so fuclin excited that he wants a Brasil top with 11 on the back. FFS. He said "Daddy, City first, but then the yellow team?" uh, sure kid. It was pretty fun to be honest.

What Robinho could do in our current squad could really fuclin level us if he had his heart set on it.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby mcfc1632 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:35 am

If Bellers is right and no one is talking to him about the future - and he is at Eastlands - you can bet no one is speaking to Rob - he has been out of sight out of mind (in a manner of speaking)

Certainly not meaning to speak positively about Rob - his attitude has been a real disappointment - but (hypothetically) just imagine if we were about to sign this player now - to sit behind the strikers and with all the DM cover the team has - he would be fucking brilliant and we would all be salivating - he is the type of personality that needs to be the final piece of the jigsaw rather than the 1st to build around - he is not strong enough - it is all just a shame
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:34 am

IMO Ned is a top class CB and good cover for RB. If he could stay injury free he would be first choice for us, I dont want him to go anywhere permanently and think a loan would be a good move. I would love him to get a lot of injury free games under his belt and come back and be our first choice for years to come.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Beeks » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:48 am

Wonderwall wrote:IMO Ned is a top class CB and good cover for RB. If he could stay injury free he would be first choice for us, I dont want him to go anywhere permanently and think a loan would be a good move. I would love him to get a lot of injury free games under his belt and come back and be our first choice for years to come.

que pasa?!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby craigmcfc » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:02 am

Wonderwall wrote:IMO Ned is a top class CB and good cover for RB. If he could stay injury free he would be first choice for us, I dont want him to go anywhere permanently and think a loan would be a good move. I would love him to get a lot of injury free games under his belt and come back and be our first choice for years to come.

Haha missed by a mile
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:36 am

I agree...........you wierdo ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:36 am

I think Robinho would fit in perfectly with Tevez & Silva but I don't trust him to try.

I only saw the 1st half but it was great to see Brazil playing like Brazil (it's their job!) rather than the robotic shite Dunga had them producing. Robinho was very good but Neymar & Ganso were better imo. They've both gained that extra bit of stregnth which imo means they become serious candidates for the Prem in the near future. We can seriously consider them as an option rather than just a fantasy newspaper option from now on imo.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:38 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I think Robinho would fit in perfectly with Tevez & Silva but I don't trust him to try.

I only saw the 1st half but it was great to see Brazil playing like Brazil (it's their job!) rather than the robotic shite Dunga had them producing. Robinho was very good but Neymar & Ganso were better imo. They've both gained that extra bit of stregnth which imo means they become serious candidates for the Prem in the near future. We can seriously consider them as an option rather than just a fantasy newspaper option from now on imo.

Edit: interesting that Neymar got Robinho's left sided job & Robbie came from the right.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:40 am

I miss Robinho :(
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beeks » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:42 am

Beefymcfc wrote:I miss Robinho :(

I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Blue2 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:50 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I miss Robinho :(

I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire

thats two of us then
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby branny » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:08 am

i thought this thread was about Ned ;)
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby ryanmjo » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:16 am

I don't know, everyone here was in love with Neymar and Robinho after last night, but did you see who they were going up against? A backup right back for West Ham and a left back who isn't great even by MLS standards. Not to mention a central defender getting his first ever cap.
ryanmjo
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:19 am

ryanmjo wrote:I don't know, everyone here was in love with Neymar and Robinho after last night, but did you see who they were going up against? A backup right back for West Ham and a left back who isn't great even by MLS standards. Not to mention a central defender getting his first ever cap.

You can bet your life they would have snuffed out Lampard & Lennon/SWP if it was England though. Those boys were good last night.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby TonyM » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:25 am

Robinho has done little wrong in my mind. He was injured at the start of the season, couldn't find form in a shambolic team, couldn't get on with certain players and wanted regular games before the WC (same as Hart). He went on loan to the team he supports and said he wanted to stay. Too many people on here are easily insulted. Billy big boys when igt comes to Robinho, Ireland, RSC, M.Johnson etc. Robinho is not the devil, Ireland is not dim-wittded or mad, RSC is not injured constantly on purpose and Michael Johnson is not a drunk.

If Robinho stays then I hope he does well. I fear though that it will be the boo boys that'll decide Robinho's fate before Sept 1st. We have fair few who like stereotyping our players instead of supporting them (am I generalizing enough?).

By the way those who think we are going to walk the league and don't need the likes of Robinho and Ireland are in for a rude awakening I think. Or maybe I am in for that awakening when we tuirn out o be amazing from the first game on. Just think it's highly unlikely and we'll be screaming for a goal from anywhere ... if we let the creative players go and rely on the players we brought in who need time to figure out the Premiership.
TonyM
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby the_georgian_genius » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:10 am

I miss him badly.
the_georgian_genius

Postby Rammyblue » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:17 am

Hope the unambitious fucker finds it within himself to come back and knuckle down for the one club that has bent over backwards for him.

My personal take on this is that is exactly what will happen, I will try to explain but it could be a long post and before anyone starts I am not ITk.
When Robinho signed for us it was the owners own money that bought him 32.5m paid up front in real english pounds. In his first season irrespective of the problems off the pitch he was our top goal scorer and we had in Mark Hughes a manager who wanted the team to defend as well as attack, hence the well used phrase "does he track back". That was never ever going to be in Robinho's game and because of that I think he suffered. To cap it all last summer saw the arrival of Bellamy who we all know from his previous clubs caused problems both on and off the field, a lot of city fans did not welcome him at our club in fact I was one of them, but his displays on the pitch, it is fair to say, won most fans over. Hughes allowed him to be himself and I believe immediately came into confrontation with Robinho on two fronts:-

First because they were playing in the same position and Bellamy wanted the first team spot (which is admirable).

Secondly I have no doubt would verbally have a go at him for being a lazy sos and so ( my interpretation). On the pitch from what games I saw if they were both playing neither would pass to one another. Bearing in mind Huughes being in charge there was only ever going to be one winner ie Bellamy.

At Christmas Hughes was gone, Mancini took over but as Mancini says he never really got to speak to Robinho all he was able to do was see him off to Brazil to play for Santos. Last season the same old problems then surface as regards Bellamy and Mancini, I don't know why this happened or how but it was obvious manager and player didn't get on. Although Bellamy is a top pro and gives his all he is in my opinion a one dimensional player who relies on his pace to make things happen.

This summer however it seems to me that Mancini is trying to get a squad which is both versatile and flexible in formation and style. I witnessed for the first time against Valencia a right back and centre back swapping positions in a game where neither was substituted, for me that said a great deal about how maybe this season would unfold. The result being Boetang charged down the wing and delivered an inch perfect ball for Barry to score with, other instances in that game of the flexibility demanded by Mancini were SWP starting on the left wing, moving to the right and ending up playing where Silva had done, he did this in my opinion with aplomb. As far as Robinho is concerned he too is flexible in his play can play left right and centre and I do not see there will be any problem playing with the likes of Tevez or Silva in fact I believe he would benefit from their presence. The major change is that under Mancini he will not be expected to track back, other players have been bought to do that (Milner if and when he signs), Yaya, Barry, NDJ and Kompany who again moved on Saturday from centre back to defensive midfield.

Having digressed a little I will go back to why Bellamy is out, it is simple and for two main reasons:- First not getting on with Mancini and secondly because no one can afford to take Robinho off us in monetary terms do you wave goodby to 32.5m or the 13m paid for Bellamy, it doesn't take a genius in maths to work out which. So if Robinho cannot play or get on with Bellamy and the manager has problems with Bellamy notwithstanding his attributes as a player I believe a decision at the highest level has been made remove the problem. Furthermore it enables no loss of face for our owner who instigated the signing in the first place.

Finally, I hope that the Robinho who will return will be as good as the one who played for the USA last night and how we have missed his skills. CTID
Rammyblue
Nedum Onuoha's A-levels

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum