Nedum

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Nedum

Postby Grob » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:59 pm

Glad to see its gone through. Hopefully after 12 months of first team action at center half he can come back here and compete like Hart has/is. Great talent.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:49 am

So in the end skysports understood wrong and no view for a permanent move?
That is what I was hoping for as I'm not ready to give up on nervous Neddy yet. Definitely a make or break season for him this season. Actually only a Hart-esque superseason may give him a future with City now that we're aiming so high.

Then again rags have had O'Shea in and around their first Xi for years so even mediocre players Can make it at big teams...
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Wooders » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:33 am

great move for the lad but I daren't wish him luck in case KK smacks my bottom
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City

Postby salford city » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:55 am

Good move for him. Hope that he stays fit and plays a full season as a centre half. I reckon Boyata will be getting the game time here when Bobby's first choice pairing is rested / unavailable
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Blue2 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:01 am

Exellent move all round, wasn't going to get many games this season for us, but the3 potential is still there if he can stay injury free.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:03 am

Imo this is the best we could have hoped for with Ned. He knew he wouldn't be staying this season & that looked like it meant the end of his City career. This keeps a door open.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mike J » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:04 am

will be watching his progress with interest, top lad and top player. he doesnt look right in that shirt at all!
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:20 am

Is this a dumb idea ? Id like us to loan some of our younger players or squad players to spanish teams or italian teams, just to get experience of playing a diffrent kind of football, learn diffrent tactics, positional play etc.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby john@staustell » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:28 am

walmai wrote:
Feed The Goat wrote:Going to Sunderland on loan according to sky

Defenders' Graveyard!

Poor sod.

More to do with the defenders they've signed previously mate. Nyron Nosworthy FFS?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:13 am

It always gets to me.

Chief has been brought up here and has always been in blue ans supported blue, mad to see other kit on his shoulders it is the best move though.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Grob » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:59 am

lets all have a disco wrote:It always gets to me.

Chief has been brought up here and has always been in blue ans supported blue, mad to see other kit on his shoulders it is the best move though.

Its quite uspetting him to see him in another clubs shirt.

Really hoping he develops into the top center half he has the potential to be this season
Grob

Postby paulh » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:03 pm

only benefit of loaning players out i can see is that if succesful and in starting eleven they cant play against us and this will hopefully unstable team on that day
paulh
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: gareth barry

Postby Grob » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:06 pm

paulh wrote:only benefit of loaning players out i can see is that if succesful and in starting eleven they cant play against us and this will hopefully unstable team on that day

And of course they can improve as players by playing regular first team football.

Right?
Grob

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:32 pm

that's disgusting really. Not happy about this.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby john@staustell » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:33 pm

Grob wrote:
paulh wrote:only benefit of loaning players out i can see is that if succesful and in starting eleven they cant play against us and this will hopefully unstable team on that day

And of course they can improve as players by playing regular first team football.

Right?

And we get the loan fees.

And we have less unhappy players around the club

And....................
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby saulman » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:37 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Grob wrote:

Right?

And we get the loan fees.

And we have less unhappy players around the club

And....................

.....and they help some of the worse teams against our rivals.......

.....and if they play well they can increase their value............

........and........
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Esky » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:56 pm

I've thought this inevitable since the Soccer AM fiasco but still not thrilled by it. Ned's been a favourite for years - I hope he comes back in twelve months to cement a starting spot ahead of Toure and the like.
Esky

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:02 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

that's disgusting really. Not happy about this.

Why don't you just come out & say you want Mancini out instead of complaining about all his signings & sales?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:08 pm

Esky wrote:I've thought this inevitable since the Soccer AM fiasco but still not thrilled by it. Ned's been a favourite for years - I hope he comes back in twelve months to cement a starting spot ahead of Toure and the like.

Come on Esky, take off the academy-tinted specs. Ned never stepped forward that extra level from when he was about 19 and it's clear that he never will now. Nice lad, City boy, stead sub and all that, but never in a million years will he be selected ahead of Touré et al. Also actually cost us points at Anfield and at home to Scum, though you could charitably argue he wasn't match fit.

He's 24 this year. At what age exactly do you think he's going to come back and meet his destiny? 26? 28?

Time to move on.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:30 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Esky wrote:I've thought this inevitable since the Soccer AM fiasco but still not thrilled by it. Ned's been a favourite for years - I hope he comes back in twelve months to cement a starting spot ahead of Toure and the like.

Come on Esky, take off the academy-tinted specs. Ned never stepped forward that extra level from when he was about 19 and it's clear that he never will now. Nice lad, City boy, stead sub and all that, but never in a million years will he be selected ahead of Touré et al. Also actually cost us points at Anfield and at home to Scum, though you could charitably argue he wasn't match fit.

He's 24 this year. At what age exactly do you think he's going to come back and meet his destiny? 26? 28?

Time to move on.

Not certain there are that many 24 year old defenders better than Ned in the Prem. Imo the only things lacking are his distribution & his aerial strength which will probably both improve if he stays fit & plays games. When he's settled in the team, I'd rather have Ned on a 1 v 1 than any of our 8 or so defenders.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum