Nedum

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Nedum

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:40 pm

Svensational wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:Good news for him. Is it for the season, or until Jan, when the new squad lists come out? I can see a lot of loans of players just outside the 25 being for half the season, or at least with an option to recall, due to this new system, at most Prem clubs.

Onuoha will join the Black Cats on an initial loan deal until the end of the season, with a view to a permanent move.

Svensational wrote:
Sunderland have agreed a loan deal for Manchester City's Nedum Onuoha, skysports.com understands.

"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:40 pm

Dronny wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
HeyMark wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I have never really rated Ned like some fans do....he has never excelled and has been found out many times imo.

Financially it makes no difference to City wether we loan him out or sell him..neither here or there is it.

I remember getting hammered on here a few seasons back when I suggested we sell him. He's a decent defender, probably better defensively than richards and should never be played at RB but he looks soooo awkward on the ball, whenever he passes the ball it looks like its taking him so much effort just to get it to a team mate.

He is one of the worst passers of the ball I have ever fucking seen.

Bollox Carl, did you not see that pass to himself last season ;-)

Not as funny as that pass by the new rag clunt Hernandez or chcihychyehcyechya or whatever he calls himself when he "scored" against chelski in the charity shield

Is that the one that was going over the bar and now he is the best thing since Stella?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:44 pm

Great move, i think we should do similar with all our fringe players who have potential to be brilliant(but not playing now) under different managers im thinkin ireland etc, rather than sell, mancini gets shown the door and we regret it, this way if mancini doesnt work out and these lads have great season at new club were on a winner. If they do fuck all we sell them next year no prob, we will only get peanuts compared to there true value regardless!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby shawzy » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:49 pm

Looks like anyone who spits his dummy in public gets shipped out of the club..Ala Petrov,Elano, Robhino,Ned,Bellers.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:52 pm

shawzy wrote:Looks like anyone who spits his dummy in public gets shipped out of the club..Ala Petrov,Elano, Robhino,Ned,Bellers.

We now know (according to Bellers) that the manager doesn't talk to them anyway, so only one other option really.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bluechester » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:01 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
HeyMark wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I have never really rated Ned like some fans do....he has never excelled and has been found out many times imo.

Financially it makes no difference to City wether we loan him out or sell him..neither here or there is it.

I remember getting hammered on here a few seasons back when I suggested we sell him. He's a decent defender, probably better defensively than richards and should never be played at RB but he looks soooo awkward on the ball, whenever he passes the ball it looks like its taking him so much effort just to get it to a team mate.

He is one of the worst passers of the ball I have ever fucking seen.

Bollox Carl, did you not see that pass to himself last season ;-)

ha ha that was one of his famous mis controlls, then clean through for a goal, piss funny that
bluechester
Superman's Underpants

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:14 pm

Svensational wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
Svensational wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:Good news for him. Is it for the season, or until Jan, when the new squad lists come out? I can see a lot of loans of players just outside the 25 being for half the season, or at least with an option to recall, due to this new system, at most Prem clubs.

Onuoha will join the Black Cats on an initial loan deal until the end of the season, with a view to a permanent move.

Svensational wrote:
Sunderland have agreed a loan deal for Manchester City's Nedum Onuoha, skysports.com understands.

Why ask the question then? if Sky Sports dont know what makes you think anybody on here will?

In all honesty, I was writing at the same time as you, and hadn't seen what you'd posted.

Think it could potentially bite us on the bum, this. Two serious injuries over Christmas period to defenders, and we may need to emergency buy/pay a mental loan fee to get one of Bobby's mates in from Italy.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:28 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Svensational wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
Svensational wrote:

Svensational wrote:

Why ask the question then? if Sky Sports dont know what makes you think anybody on here will?

In all honesty, I was writing at the same time as you, and hadn't seen what you'd posted.

Think it could potentially bite us on the bum, this. Two serious injuries over Christmas period to defenders, and we may need to emergency buy/pay a mental loan fee to get one of Bobby's mates in from Italy.

I know. Wonder what Maicon will be doing in the new year?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:28 pm

Grob wrote:
Crossie wrote:Great move for all. He needs a full season under his belt, he's NEVER been fit for a full season.

38 games under his belt and I honestly think he could be pushing for an England place.

He just needs experience and a regular playing partner

Well said.

Nedum has the potential to be a very good center half. Hopefully he'll have a Joe Hart esque season and be back ready to compete next season. He needs regular games.

this twice
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby ross.mcfc » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:05 pm

Great move for all concerned. Like most I am convinced that if Ned played 38 games a season he would be one of the best defenders in the country. But he will never be fit enough to demand a regular game at City. Send him out on loan and if he doesn’t stand out like a sore thumb in that Sunderland side then we sell him knowing that is 100% the right decision.

I just think selling him now would come back to haunt us.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby french_tony » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:11 pm

I think its a good move, the guy will play for England (and possibly be captain one day) but he won't get much of a look in this season behind Boateng, Vinny, Richards, Lescott and Toure. I am just a bit concerned about the "view to a permanent move clause." Hope that parts Sky bullshit.
french_tony
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:50 am

Feed The Goat wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:I'm baffled as to why we rejected £6m for him from Sunderland yet give him to them free for a year??

You won't get a better offer of £6m for him, we should of cashed in when we could.

Good luck to him though. Sunderland is about his level.

Maybe the manager sees him as a good prospect and wants to see how he does with a good run of games which he will get at sunderland

it was with view for permanent transfer ie agreed transfer fee included to contract. Worst possible deal if true. If he does well, which I think he will, well lose him for peanuts. If he doesn't we are back with him, only that he is damaged goods and can't ship him off for love or money.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby mcfc1632 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:23 am

".....Not as funny as that pass by the new rag clunt Hernandez or chcihychyehcyechya or whatever he calls himself when he "scored" against chelski in the charity shield"

Yeah - and why is that cunt allowed to have his middle / nickname or whatever on his shirt? re Ned - I hope the move allows him to 'do a Joe Hart' - work hard and improve Ned - that is what players should do - work to get into the team on merit rather than whinge
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby craigmcfc » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:52 am

Grob wrote:
Crossie wrote:Great move for all. He needs a full season under his belt, he's NEVER been fit for a full season.

38 games under his belt and I honestly think he could be pushing for an England place.

He just needs experience and a regular playing partner

Well said.

Nedum has the potential to be a very good center half. Hopefully he'll have a Joe Hart esque season and be back ready to compete next season. He needs regular games.

I hope this is what's going to happen but I fear we won't see him in City colours again
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby john@staustell » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:52 am

Feed The Goat wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:I'm baffled as to why we rejected £6m for him from Sunderland yet give him to them free for a year??

You won't get a better offer of £6m for him, we should of cashed in when we could.

Maybe the manager sees him as a good prospect and wants to see how he does with a good run of games which he will get at sunderland

Isn't all this loan business to do with amortization?

Players like Ned and Jo (and others) have a book value, which decreases year on year as their contract runs down. Therefore whilst Sunderland's offer for Ned - and Real Sociedad's for Jo - may not be acceptable now, it will be in 12 months, when the financial value of the player on our books has decreased. Same situation with Robinho. They cant be sold until the price reflects their book value, more or less.

in the meantime we get in a loan fee hopefully and save on wages. The player proves himself and the sale is completed.

I'm sure it's all economics rather than altruism toward players!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Socrates » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:41 am

john@staustell wrote:
Feed The Goat wrote:

Players like Ned and Jo (and others) have a book value, which decreases year on year as their contract runs down. Therefore whilst Sunderland's offer for Ned - and Real Sociedad's for Jo - may not be acceptable now, it will be in 12 months, when the financial value of the player on our books has decreased. Same situation with Robinho. They cant be sold until the price reflects their book value, more or less.

in the meantime we get in a loan fee hopefully and save on wages. The player proves himself and the sale is completed.

Certainly nothing to do with amortisation with Ned. He has no book value as there is no transfer fee to amortise. We will certainly get a loan fee though and can have a look at his progress over the next year to see if he develops with more regular football.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:50 am

Socrates wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Feed The Goat wrote:

Certainly nothing to do with amortisation with Ned. He has no book value as there is no transfer fee to amortise. We will certainly get a loan fee though and can have a look at his progress over the next year to see if he develops with more regular football.

That's right, hopefully the 'view to a permanent deal' bit just means we can't bump up the fee or sell him to someone else if he's brilliant but we still we get to see if he can perform at a quality level (& stay fit!) for a season & then make our decision.

Bruce is many nasty things but he's also an ex CB & knows about defending so let's see if he can turn Ned into the finished article & then, if he does, we can bring him back!
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby trueblue64 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:04 pm

There's only one mancity and one mancityfans.net

Born blue, still a blue and will die a blue...........

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: ManCity
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby walmai » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:09 pm

Feed The Goat wrote:Going to Sunderland on loan according to sky

Defenders' Graveyard!

Poor sod.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:56 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
shawzy wrote:Looks like anyone who spits his dummy in public gets shipped out of the club..Ala Petrov,Elano, Robhino,Ned,Bellers.

We now know (according to Bellers) that the manager doesn't talk to them anyway, so only one other option really.

Bacon has done it for many a year and it hasnt served him badly.

You know eh,just a thought.

As it goes for Chiefy,good luck lad up at the freezing wasteland i hope he stays fit but i have my doubts.
Last edited by lets all have a disco on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum