Nedum

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Nedum

Postby Feed The Goat » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:55 pm

Going to Sunderland on loan according to sky
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Re: Nedum

Postby trueblue64 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:58 pm

Svensational wrote:Was that on SSN? Cant see it anywhere on the net?

Yep.... on sky website too....
There's only one mancity and one mancityfans.net

Born blue, still a blue and will die a blue...........

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: ManCity
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:01 pm

Good news for him. Is it for the season, or until Jan, when the new squad lists come out? I can see a lot of loans of players just outside the 25 being for half the season, or at least with an option to recall, due to this new system, at most Prem clubs.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby the_georgian_genius » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:03 pm

I'm baffled as to why we rejected £6m for him from Sunderland yet give him to them free for a year??

You won't get a better offer of £6m for him, we should of cashed in when we could.

Good luck to him though. Sunderland is about his level.
the_georgian_genius

Postby Feed The Goat » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:05 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:I'm baffled as to why we rejected £6m for him from Sunderland yet give him to them free for a year??

You won't get a better offer of £6m for him, we should of cashed in when we could.

Maybe the manager sees him as a good prospect and wants to see how he does with a good run of games which he will get at sunderland
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:10 pm

I have never really rated Ned like some fans do....he has never excelled and has been found out many times imo.

Financially it makes no difference to City wether we loan him out or sell him..neither here or there is it.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby irblinx » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:10 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:I'm baffled as to why we rejected £6m for him from Sunderland yet give him to them free for a year??

Why are you assuming that we aren't getting a fee for the loan? And for that matter how do you know they offered that, cos a newspaper said so?

But ultimately this is the best option, it gives Mancini the chance to look at Onouha over a season and judge whether he really is over his injury problems and up to the required standard
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Sister of fu » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:10 pm

Svensational wrote:

Because hes young, homegrown and a class defender so why sell him?

Might as well loan him out for a season where he will most likely play every game for Sunderland and come back with alot of first team experience.

Karl told me to tell you that he ain't a patch on Chris Smalling...:-0
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby HeyMark » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:13 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I have never really rated Ned like some fans do....he has never excelled and has been found out many times imo.

Financially it makes no difference to City wether we loan him out or sell him..neither here or there is it.

I remember getting hammered on here a few seasons back when I suggested we sell him. He's a decent defender, probably better defensively than richards and should never be played at RB but he looks soooo awkward on the ball, whenever he passes the ball it looks like its taking him so much effort just to get it to a team mate.
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby the_georgian_genius » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:14 pm

Svensational wrote:

Might as well loan him out for a season where he will most likely play every game for Sunderland and come back with alot of first team experience.

Because he isn't a top class defender, he's 24 in a couple of months and has constantly struggled with injuries. You don't loan out a 24 year old with 100+ apperances for you in order to get first team experience.

He's never going to a starting defender for us now or in the future so we may aswell have cashed in on the generous £6m we were offered.
the_georgian_genius

Postby Crossie » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:17 pm

Great move for all. He needs a full season under his belt, he's NEVER been fit for a full season.

38 games under his belt and I honestly think he could be pushing for an England place.

He just needs experience and a regular playing partner
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby HeyMark » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:22 pm

Crossie wrote:Great move for all. He needs a full season under his belt, he's NEVER been fit for a full season.

38 games under his belt and I honestly think he could be pushing for an England place.

Playing with titus will do him no favours
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby the_georgian_genius » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:22 pm

Crossie wrote:Great move for all. He needs a full season under his belt, he's NEVER been fit for a full season.

I think it shows how bad England really are when Onouha and Richards are being touted for a call up!
the_georgian_genius

Postby Mase » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:56 pm

Couldn't care less abotu Onouha since he spat his dummy out on Soccer AM last season. Surprised he's lasted this long.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dronny » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:05 pm

Svensational wrote:

He might even learn a thing or two from the EM
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Grob » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:06 pm

Well said.

Nedum has the potential to be a very good center half. Hopefully he'll have a Joe Hart esque season and be back ready to compete next season. He needs regular games.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:17 pm

HeyMark wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I have never really rated Ned like some fans do....he has never excelled and has been found out many times imo.

I remember getting hammered on here a few seasons back when I suggested we sell him. He's a decent defender, probably better defensively than richards and should never be played at RB but he looks soooo awkward on the ball, whenever he passes the ball it looks like its taking him so much effort just to get it to a team mate.

He is one of the worst passers of the ball I have ever fucking seen.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:17 pm

Good move for Ned and the club and does that mean we have repaid our favour?

Also, does that mean that our back 4 is now sorted?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:18 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
HeyMark wrote:

Bollox Carl, did you not see that pass to himself last season ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dronny » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:30 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
HeyMark wrote:

Bollox Carl, did you not see that pass to himself last season ;-)

Not as funny as that pass by the new rag clunt Hernandez or chcihychyehcyechya or whatever he calls himself when he "scored" against chelski in the charity shield
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum