Bellamy to consider retirement?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Bellamy to consider retirement?

Postby Blue2 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:05 pm

If he is not in Mancini's 25.
I feel sorry for him really, he has given us everything he has whilst he has been here and it would be a pit. I would much rather him be in the squad the likes of Ribinho.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 66,00.html

Craig Bellamy says he will consider quitting football if he does not make Manchester City's 25-man squad.

Bellamy's team-mate Shay Given has already signalled he will ask to go on loan if he is not considered part of Roberto Mancini's first-team plans at Eastlands.

But the Wales captain has offered a different perspective if he is left out of the Italian's plans by claiming he will not rule out walking away from the game completely if he is ditched.

"I feel strongly that I can offer something at the club," said Bellamy, who is set to win his 59th international cap for Wales in Wednesday night's friendly against Luxembourg in Llanelli.

"But if I don't get in the 25-man squad, I don't know what I will do.

"I might finish, full stop, or look at every option I get.

"This game is as ruthless as any. I sort of feel I am not going to be part of it (at Manchester City). I can see it from a distance.

"I find that very difficult to take because I really enjoy playing for Manchester City. I think I have shown that with my commitment this year."

Options
Bellamy, who is set to start Wales' final game before their Euro 2012 qualifying campaign gets under way against Montenegro early next month, also revealed he has rejected an offer from German club Wolfsburg, who are managed by former England boss Steve McClaren.

"I've had a few options. I've turned down Wolfsburg. I don't fancy Germany, it's not somewhere I see myself playing football," added the 31-year-old.

"I have to see what options I have. I am here to play football.

"With this 25-man ruling, it doesn't matter how well I train or how good my attitude is, I might not be registered to play.

"So do I go without playing football until January, or do I find myself a club where I can play football?

"I am committed to stay where I am. I feel I deserve to be part of it, but I don't pick the 25 or the team. I have to wait on their decision."
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Re: Bellamy to consider retirement?

Postby Mike J » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:06 pm

i really do hope after last season he is in the squad. its ridiculous if he isnt.

i fear he is on his way though :-(
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby halnone » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:08 pm

I really hope he makes the 25. Based on skill there's no reason why he shouldn't.
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dameerto » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:10 pm

He's got too much to offer this season to retire, I hope there's a spare corner in the squad we can fit him into.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Blueboylewis » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:10 pm

If he isnt involved in the 25 man squad then i for one will be proper pissed off! There is no reason why he shouldent be part of the team and imo offers more to the squad than half of the other players do!
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:11 pm

Interesting comments from Bellamy.

Retire from the game if he doesn't make the 25 man squad and then turn up and play for Cardiff on a free a month or two later.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Beeks » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:16 pm

This is a fucking joke and a disgrace

If anyone at all from the club reads this forum...FUCKING SORT IT OUT

This guy is gagging to play and he is a complete asset...fuck your world superstars just for once and look at the bigger picture
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:17 pm

Aside from Bellamy for a moment, this is a very interesting development and I for one am very glad that the incentive to sit in the reserves has now been removed with the squad situation.

Even if you want to, you cant fight your way into the league squad for another 4 months, which pretty much means that if you are fit and left out, you would have little option but to leave the club, and get the fuck off the wage bill. You can't rely on cup runs, your club could be out in the first round of each cup, and you can bet your life that if the team gets to a final, you wont be playing anyway.

Will be a shame if Bellers misses out, but he pulled up no trees in the 2nd half of last season so deserves nothing from the club. I think could do a job in the cups for us, which given decent runs would still be upwards of 20 games, perfect for his dodgy knees.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby paulh » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:17 pm

should make the 25 crying shame if he doesnt. the guy really wants to play for us and on his day last season was the 12th man in games last season. good man to have in dressing room to. his second against munes and the celebration shows how much he enjoys playing for us
paulh
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: gareth barry

Postby Slim » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:18 pm

2nd best player at the club last term, while I am not happy about players coming out with these sort of comments (ie. Hart, Given, Bellamy) if he isn't in the 25 then the world of Man City has gone mad beyond recognition.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mike J » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:19 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:This is a fucking joke and a disgrace

This guy is gagging to play and he is a complete asset...fuck your world superstars just for once and look at the bigger picture

100% agree.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Beeks » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:21 pm

I am fucking livid at the way he is being frozen out of this football club

Second best fucking player last season by a country mile and suddenly he's not good enough!?!?!?!

Fucking joke
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:21 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:This is a fucking joke and a disgrace

Mate chill out, no decision has been made yet.

I'm sure there will be a spot in the 25 for one of last seasons POTY candidates. If not then he must be doing something wrong, all these players coming out bitching about not making the cut are starting to fuck me off.... Get on the training pitch and prove your worth. Overpaid twats.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:23 pm

Lot of whinging this week,Bitches.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Dameerto » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:25 pm

Don't forget they were using his image during preseason in the US (at least I think it was official rather than a fan pub thing?) - that might count for something? Or am I clutching at straws?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Slim » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:27 pm

Dameerto wrote:Don't forget they were using his image during preseason in the US (at least I think it was official rather than a fan pub thing?) - that might count for something? Or am I clutching at straws?

I thought the lack of Torres in the new Liverpool gear meant he was certain to be on his way, not sure either way makes much difference. I bet MON was used in some promotion this season as well, look how that turned out.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Twobob » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:28 pm

He's on SSN now, basically saying he hasnt spoken with Mancini since Feb and has tried his best in training and had his best season ever last season but he feels frozen out and has seen how ruthless the club can be with players and how they treat players. ...

Pretty damming ...

Doesnt look good - pretty fuckin pissed if we loose soomeone of his calibre and fight!
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:33 pm

Twobob wrote:He's on SSN now, basically saying he hasnt spoken with Mancini since Feb and has tried his best in training and had his best season ever last season but he feels frozen out and has seen how ruthless the club can be with players and how they treat players. ...

Pretty damming ...

Doesnt look good - pretty fuckin pissed if we loose soomeone of his calibre and fight!

The fact remains that Bellers played shit under Mancini, whats Mancini supposed to do? Bellamy needs to take his blinkers off, because if that was his best season ever, I wonder has he ever managed to have a consistent season in his career, as he did practically fuck all for 5 months after Hughes left, so imo deserves no loyalty from the new manager
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Beeks » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:38 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Twobob wrote:He's on SSN now, basically saying he hasnt spoken with Mancini since Feb and has tried his best in training and had his best season ever last season but he feels frozen out and has seen how ruthless the club can be with players and how they treat players. ...

Pretty damming ...

The fact remains that Bellers played shit under Mancini, whats Mancini supposed to do? Bellamy needs to take his blinkers off, because if that was his best season ever, I wonder has he ever managed to have a consistent season in his career, as he did practically fuck all for 5 months after Hughes left, so imo deserves no loyalty from the new manager

I've never heard such total bollocks in my life
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:41 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

Pretty damming ...

I've never heard such total bollocks in my life

How so, he was pretty much totally ineffective throughout the 2nd half of the season, and if you disagree you are trying to reinvent history.

Name me a game he turned, or made a significant impact in post xmas? For every one (I'll concede Chelsea away), i'll name you 4 where he was anonymous,

Starting with Stoke Away, Hull Away, Liverpool home, Portsmouth home, both semi finals, Everton, Spurs off the top of my head, need I go on? I'm not trying to do a number on him here, but this myth about Bellamy being close to poty last year is just that, a myth borne on a handful of good games early in the season amongst a plethora of very average/poor ones as the season wore on (just like a certain Mr Robinho did when he first arrived).

Because he runs round and looks angry, doesnt give him a place in the squad if his body is not upto it, but here we go, Bellamy is the poor hard done by martyr once again.
Last edited by Im_Spartacus on Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum