Bellamy to consider retirement?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Bellamy to consider retirement?

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:48 am

johnny crossan wrote:remember this insight anyone?
[youtube]jcAedBJbSUM[/youtube]

The insight being what exactly?
That a pratt commentator says there is discord? OK it must be true then.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Murph » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:09 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Murph wrote:I reckon Bellamy's a goner, don't reckon we'll see him in the blue shirt again. This whole thing has nothing to do with Bellamy's ability as a player, even stevie wonder could see that bellamy is good enough for the squad. If there's a serious problem between a manager and a player then there's usually only one winner unless the manager is on very thin ice with the owner, and Mancini at this stage of his City career is about as bomb proof as any City manager can get.

why do I still get the feeling this may not be just about Mancini and Bellamy? I have a feeling that powers that be are balancing books and our wage bill IS huge. Remember, Bellamy is on something like 90k/w.

I've always said that these decisions should be solely down to manager. If he don't think player is good enough or disruptive influence in dressing room player needs to be sold. That's the way football is. Despite all the player power bollocks, manager should always be the one calling the shots. For better or for worse.

People also don't seem to take into account that one of the reasons some people in hierarchy might be trying to ditch him off is exactly this! Bellamy is like a talking machine and in his stay with us he has already managed to bring lot of questionable attention to club. I'm sure some people feel that his outburst after Hughes sacking was last thing we needed at the time.

I don't buy Mancini - Bellamy rift theory at all. Despite what Dev tried to imply on another topic, Mancini actually has exceptional track record of dealing with highly complicated players. I mean he deserves a medal for getting full potential out of Adriano in Inter for those two seasons when he wasn't injured. Ibra, Ballotelli, Cambiasso etc. Seems like someone who doesn't give a shit what players do as long as they do it on the pitch. However as Robinho found out, if you are all mouth no end product you are gone.

Trying to balance books at this stage is pointless, we don't need to do it yet, and we couldn't do it even if we sold half a dozen players on 90k p/w.

I'm convinced all this is to do with what happened in the new year, with Bellamy's support of Hughes pissing off those upstairs and his fall out with Mancini shortly after he took over when he wouldn't work with the new fitness coach because he wanted to carry on doing the same special training programme he'd done under Hughes regime. Eventually you reap what you sow.

It was reported at the time that Cook had to go to Bellamy's home after he'd been sent home, or walked out, to act as a sort of mediator between him and Mancini to smooth the waters and get him back in training. They obviously had a big fall out, communication between the pair seems to be non existent since then. After the fall out Mancini was stuck with Bellamy for the rest of the season and in truth felt he probably needed him in the team to have a chance of 4th place. Now with all the new signings and more looking imminent I would think he's now seen to be more trouble than he's worth and from a playing point of view, expendable.
"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the fucl do you think you're talking to?"
Murph
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Dazzacity » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:00 am

Colin the King wrote:
Dazzacity wrote:Bellamy has been a right gobshite tosser. Why the hell couldnt he wait till the season started?? If he isnt picked in the 25, the window is still open and he can bugger off!!

Because the 25 man ruling deadline is the 1st of September, not the start of the season. So he wouldn't know where he stood until it was too late, which is why he'd want to know beforehand to make alternative plans.

Dazzacity wrote:Instead he has to go on air like a little spoilt brat and slag our club off.

Where did he slag the club off? All I can see if someone who's disappointed and disillusioned by the fact that his future at City is up in the air. He'll feel his contributions last season warrant being picked for this. That's pretty much all he's said, I haven't seen him have a go at City as a club, or the fans, just frustration at the handling of his own personal situation. In fact, he said the reason he's disappointed is because he wants so much to achieve things and contribute towards our success. Not exactly slagging the club, or being a spoiled brat.

If Vieira makes the squad, considering we've an embarrassment of riches in midfield (and an embarrassment of winners for the 'dressing room' argument- Touré, Tevez and Silva alone, have 2 Champions Leagues, 5 League titles and a World Cup medal between them) and Bellamy doesn't make it, given all he can offer, versatility, pace, heart, goals- I'll be hugely disillusioned to be honest.

But let's wait and see.

He said City are ruthless and go around thinking they can do what they like. He said he has seen other players at the club disrespected and treated badly. Hardly words that put us in good light.

Im sure the 25 man squad will be announced in good time before the window closes.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Fidel Castro » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:18 am

Don't like all this whinging that's going on. But the worst thing is, I think there is actually truth behind some of the shit being spouted, seeing as it's not just 1 twatty player badmouthing us. How the fucl Mancini handled Balotelli I'll never know, cos since he's been here half our squad have turned into twats
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Manx Blue » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:32 am

I like Bellers as a player for us. He works his plums off and although not a captain, he is definitely a team leader on the pitch and quite often sets the tone by producing a tackle or run.

However in more general terms, and not just aimed at Bellers, I'm sick and fecking tired of our players bitching to the press about playing time and trying to manouvre transfers because they aren't happy. We all know the rules as do they....put up and shut up.

This hasn't happened overnight, its been known for a while so if he had concerns about whether city required his services, he should have had a Chat with Mancini, Marwood as soon as last season finished.
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:34 am

Fidel Castro wrote:Don't like all this whinging that's going on. But the worst thing is, I think there is actually truth behind some of the shit being spouted, seeing as it's not just 1 twatty player badmouthing us. How the fucl Mancini handled Balotelli I'll never know, cos since he's been here half our squad have turned into twats

Errr..... same fucking moaning was going on under Hughes.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:41 am

Manx Blue wrote:I like Bellers as a player for us. He works his plums off and although not a captain, he is definitely a team leader on the pitch and quite often sets the tone by producing a tackle or run.

However in more general terms, and not just aimed at Bellers, I'm sick and fecking tired of our players bitching to the press about playing time and trying to manouvre transfers because they aren't happy. We all know the rules as do they....put up and shut up.

This hasn't happened overnight, its been known for a while so if he had concerns about whether city required his services, he should have had a Chat with Mancini, Marwood as soon as last season finished.

He says he has asked them on several occasions but can't get an answer. Some of the top 7 teams want him but we won't let him go to them so he faces an anxious wait to see if he gets picked, sold or left on the sidelines til January. If you were in his position & desperate to play football at the end of your career, you would be just as concerned with only a few weeks to sort it. I would be going mental.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Fidel Castro » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:45 am

Fidel Castro wrote:Don't like all this whinging that's going on. But the worst thing is, I think there is actually truth behind some of the shit being spouted, seeing as it's not just 1 twatty player badmouthing us. How the fucl Mancini handled Balotelli I'll never know, cos since he's been here half our squad have turned into twats

There's always a few twats moaning, of course, Just don't remember Tevez and even the likes of Nedum and Given spouting shit though. Should take what Bellamy says with a pinch of salt, but it's laughable if it's true that Mancio hasn't spoken to him since February. Probably overreacting, just that all this whinging has come out in about 1 week. If the whingers spread it across the whole season, wouldn't seem as bad.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:47 am

Fidel Castro wrote:

There's always a few twats moaning, of course, Just don't remember Tevez and even the likes of Nedum and Given spouting shit though. Should take what Bellamy says with a pinch of salt, but it's laughable if it's true that Mancio hasn't spoken to him since February. Probably overreacting, just that all this whinging has come out in about 1 week. If the whingers spread it across the whole season, wouldn't seem as bad.

It was Ireland, Elano and Robinho back then.

The main point is, regardless of manager, we need to get rid of this from the club.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wooders » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:49 am

but you chastised hughes at every oppurtunity but seem to like rolling over and having your belly rubbed by mancini - the difference between the two is stark
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:52 am

brite blu sky wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:The comment that always gets me about Bellamy is "faded in the 2nd half of the season" Is that phrase an anti Bellamy person used and now all sorts throw it out when they want to have a dig.I suppose if he wasn't perfect though he must have faded. Although he was pretty good against Chelsea away and maybe Fulham away and maybe Birmingham at home and maybe..... ah never mind.

agreed dont get that argument at all. someone above also pointed out the games he disappeared in.. and i had to laugh, they were the games the whole team disappeared in.. including Tevez.

BBS - Talk about making the facts fit your opinion, for fuck sake, he played shit, regardless of how many others played shit in other games - but the others arent whinging to the press about seeming to want an automatic right to a squad place.

I would 100% love Bellamy to have a place in the 25 as I think he would do some good work as an occasional starter but that is not the point I am making - the simple point is that his form does not warrant him automatically having a right to a place in the 25, and he is not indispensable as some on here would like to think.

Doug - it has got nothing to do with "anti-Bellamy people", as I think you will find that if you took a straw poll of city fans, regardless of this latest outburst, he is one of the most popular players at the club despite peoples pre-conceived ideas when he signed. Its just some of us were very very disappointed with his input at the end of last year, I don't think that's a crime, and I certainly don't see any evidence of a so called "Anti-Bellamy" camp as you put it (even though I must be a member as I dared to suggest he was less than perfect)

Why does everything have to be drawn into factions?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:52 am

Wooders wrote:

but you chastised hughes at every oppurtunity but seem to like rolling over and having your belly rubbed by mancini - the difference between the two is stark

Fair critism. Having said that, the main problem is in the Club itself that allowes players to go out and talk what ever they want. In fact, I'm starting to believe that players are encouraged to talk to media more than ever. You know "any publicity is good publicity". Otherwise Nigel De Jong's biweekly "we are going to try to win our next game" speach wouldn't make much sense, would it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:03 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:The comment that always gets me about Bellamy is "faded in the 2nd half of the season" Is that phrase an anti Bellamy person used and now all sorts throw it out when they want to have a dig.I suppose if he wasn't perfect though he must have faded. Although he was pretty good against Chelsea away and maybe Fulham away and maybe Birmingham at home and maybe..... ah never mind.

agreed dont get that argument at all. someone above also pointed out the games he disappeared in.. and i had to laugh, they were the games the whole team disappeared in.. including Tevez.

BBS - Talk about making the facts fit your opinion, for fuck sake, he played shit, regardless of how many others played shit in other games - but the others arent whinging to the press about seeming to want an automatic right to a squad place.

I would 100% love Bellamy to have a place in the 25 as I think he would do some good work as an occasional starter but that is not the point I am making - the simple point is that his form does not warrant him automatically having a right to a place in the 25, and he is not indispensable as some on here would like to think.

Doug - it has got nothing to do with "anti-Bellamy people", as I think you will find that if you took a straw poll of city fans, regardless of this latest outburst, he is one of the most popular players at the club despite peoples pre-conceived ideas when he signed. Its just some of us were very very disappointed with his input at the end of last year, I don't think that's a crime, and I certainly don't see any evidence of a so called "Anti-Bellamy" camp as you put it (even though I must be a member as I dared to suggest he was less than perfect)

The point is that he was better than most of the others, so if there was any merit in the point about him fading being relevent to his future (which there isn't) , the point should also be applied to the whole squad & the merit of their positions compared accordingly. The reason most of the others aren't moaning is most likely because they haven't been offered for sale to other clubs. The ones who have (Ireland, Ned) HAVE been moaning.

If people are being thought of as anti Bellamy, it's because they're not treating him the same as the others & are making out he had a solo dip in form that merits sacking him which isn't true. He was still better than most players in pre season too, so why was he sidelined?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:07 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:

Spot on.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:19 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:

Spot on.

This.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:34 pm

Spot on Johnpb78, agree 100%.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:41 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:Spot on Johnpb78, agree 100%.

Goodness me so do I. I am a fan of Bellers but his increasing paranoia is starting to get to me. His overall game, which lets face it is based on power and speed rather than finesse, is what Bobby will be looking at. So many of our original squad have brilliant moments, and not so brilliant moments. Percentage-wise, we need players to be 99% positive contributions, at least. Not giving the ball away.

I honestly think Mancini was telling the truth in USA when he said he didn't know, because it depends how many extra players we can get in.

That situation still stands, it is an unknown. But FFS Craig shut up.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:17 pm

john@staustell wrote:

Goodness me so do I. I am a fan of Bellers but his increasing paranoia is starting to get to me. His overall game, which lets face it is based on power and speed rather than finesse, is what Bobby will be looking at. So many of our original squad have brilliant moments, and not so brilliant moments. Percentage-wise, we need players to be 99% positive contributions, at least. Not giving the ball away.

I honestly think Mancini was telling the truth in USA when he said he didn't know, because it depends how many extra players we can get in.

But even if we get extra players in, it still means we have a decision to make between Bellamy & others, as to who goes. Those others were imo, mostly worse than Bellamy for the whole of last season & have been during pre season. Seeing as we have cover in every area, why shouldn't they go before Bellamy?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:19 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

But even if we get extra players in, it still means we have a decision to make between Bellamy & others, as to who goes. Those others were imo, mostly worse than Bellamy for the whole of last season & have been during pre season. Seeing as we have cover in every area, why shouldn't they go before Bellamy?

They should, but I think Bobby wants more players than he's letting on.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:46 pm

SSN reporting that Bellers has been left out of the Europa Cup squad against Tiramasu.

Edit: Just seen the Europa thread; no need to comment ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum