A bit of City related news...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

A bit of City related news...

Postby Blue Blood » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:21 pm

Just thought i'd start a quick topic because have some personal city related news.

Your very own BB has been chosen out many thousands of applicants to be the sole fan correspondent of our beloved city by Sky Sports for the coming season.

I have been asked to write a blog on all things city, you can find it at http://www.skysports.com/football/premier-league/ and by scrolling down a bit and on http://www.skysports.com/football/teams/manchestercity/

You can also follow me on twitter if you use it; http://twitter.com/FanZone

I've a feeling this season is going to be the best one yet and to have the opportunity to write my feelings and views on the city roller-coaster of 10/11 for Sky Sports is truly an honour.

Please read my blogs, comment and show your support for a fellow blue!

Cheers guys :D

BB.

EDIT: Here's a direct link to blog numero uno, should have really made easier for you guys and done this earlier, lol.

http://www.skysports.com/fanzone/blogs/ ... 98,00.html
Last edited by Blue Blood on Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Re: A bit of City related news...

Postby Wooders » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:23 pm

wow well done mate - good luck for the season I hope you enjoy yourself
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Blue Blood » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:43 pm

Wooders wrote:wow well done mate - good luck for the season I hope you enjoy yourself

Cheers mate, i intend to enjoy every minute of it, stick it to the man and all that :D
Blue Blood

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:43 pm

Well done BB. I think!

Don't tell them anything we're not 100% agreed upon on here - in that case dont say anything!
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:45 pm

Blue Blood wrote:
Wooders wrote:wow well done mate - good luck for the season I hope you enjoy yourself

Cheers mate, i intend to enjoy every minute of it, stick it to the man and all that :D

Well in mate

Be careful that this opportunity doesn't turn you into a lying devious cunt. It seems to be something in their coffee.

Nb, if you get a chance, can you axe Andy Gray to death please.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby simon12 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:47 pm

Congratulations...are you being edited or can you be honest?
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Blue Blood » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:55 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:

Well in mate

Be careful that this opportunity doesn't turn you into a lying devious cunt. It seems to be something in their coffee.

Nb, if you get a chance, can you axe Andy Gray to death please.

Don't worry mate, i see this as my opportunity to turn the media tide a bit, my brief from them was you can write your opinion on anything city related, no boundaries, i have a blank canvas to work on, finally an outlet to put positive city news across!

And as for Mr Gray, i'm after degenerate crackhead first. lol.

And Simon, i'm not edited at all. I can write what i want (as long as it is city related and not offensive of course)
Blue Blood

Postby Chinners » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:22 pm

Good stuff BB, shame its on that impartial Skysports mind
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Esky » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:27 pm

Congratulations. How'd you pull that off then?
Esky

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby Blue Blood » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:33 pm

Esky wrote:Congratulations. How'd you pull that off then?

There was an advert on Sky Sports.com for the gig about a month ago, you had to give all your details, photo and write a mini essay on your hopes and fears for city's 10/11 season, i did it for kicks more than out of expectation, i was utterly stunned when they got back to me and said they'd chosen me to write for them :D

In summation i got totally lucky, i aim to make the most of it though :D
Blue Blood

Postby irblinx » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:34 pm

Congrats
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:40 pm

Nice one B. Good luck with it. Don't be nice to any of them unless they do something to deserve it.

(If you get the chance I'd prefer you axed Richard Keys to death before Andy Gray but Gray will do).
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby ant london » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:05 pm

dare you to let Antti ghost write it for you one week and see if anyone spots the difference!! haha

seriously though, that's class. Do you get a chance to go and do a spot of fanzone commentary or will you be leaving it to the incumbent herbert who does it??

Hope you realise that as someone who shall be writing about City (or just connecting on the topic) in the public domain you now have a chance to follow in the footsteps of many before you and become hated and vilified by your fellow blues.....ahhhh Shindler, Hince, Hattenstone, Chris Nield, Blue Blood
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Blue Blood » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:30 pm

ant london wrote:dare you to let Antti ghost write it for you one week and see if anyone spots the difference!! haha

seriously though, that's class. Do you get a chance to go and do a spot of fanzone commentary or will you be leaving it to the incumbent herbert who does it??

Hope you realise that as someone who shall be writing about City (or just connecting on the topic) in the public domain you now have a chance to follow in the footsteps of many before you and become hated and vilified by your fellow blues.....ahhhh Shindler, Hince, Hattenstone, Chris Nield, Blue Blood

Haha, i think i'd be found out in seconds if Antti ghost wrote it, lol.

I'm not doing the FanZone commentary i'm afraid, the current herbert is still the Fanzone don on matchday, lol. I'm just doing the whole blogging thing, stick to what you are best at i say :D

Haha, well i hope to become a voice of the people not a hate figure but i will always say things as i see them, you can guarantee you won't agree with everything i say, so I'm probably going to be disliked by some fans but that's life. The aim of my blog though will be for it to be a source of positivity towards city in a media climate of absolute hostility towards us. I intend to use this blog to try to dispel the anti city mentality which is rampant atm and try to put across the true feelings and opinions of us, the fans and show real nature of Manchester City Football Club!
Blue Blood

Postby Slim » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:29 pm

Congrats BB, and you didn't even have to make any self-aggrandizing youtube videos in order to make it happen, certain people could take lessons.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:58 pm

Congratulations mate! Now, if you'll kindly head over to the Spelling and Grammar thread in Off Topic... ;)
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:05 pm

Blue Blood wrote:
ant london wrote:dare you to let Antti ghost write it for you one week and see if anyone spots the difference!! haha

I'm not doing the FanZone commentary i'm afraid, the current herbert is still the Fanzone don on matchday, lol. I'm just doing the whole blogging thing, stick to what you are best at i say :D

Haha, well i hope to become a voice of the people not a hate figure but i will always say things as i see them, you can guarantee you won't agree with everything i say, so I'm probably going to be disliked by some fans but that's life. The aim of my blog though will be for it to be a source of positivity towards city in a media climate of absolute hostility towards us. I intend to use this blog to try to dispel the anti city mentality which is rampant atm and try to put across the true feelings and opinions of us, the fans and show real nature of Manchester City Football Club!

By the way - what do you think of that Lahm fella? Should we sign him?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Blue Blood » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:09 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:Congratulations mate! Now, if you'll kindly head over to the Spelling and Grammar thread in Off Topic... ;)

My spelling and grammar on here is very different to that of my blogs, i can't be bothered to try on here but on the blog i will. That said i spotted a spelling error in the first blog when i read it back to myself earlier, i'll have to be more careful in future, especially with the spelling and grammar police out in force! lol! ;D
Blue Blood

Postby Blue Blood » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:11 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:

By the way - what do you think of that Lahm fella? Should we sign him?

Funny you should say that, i honestly was thinking of doing a blog on us potentially signing him as a bit of a sneaky homage to this site, lol.

But to answer you question, i think he's a good winger but a pants defender...
Blue Blood

Postby dazby » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:01 am

Brilliant news BB. Be sure to let us know every time you post something.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum