Given threatens to leave

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Given threatens to leave

Postby ronk » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:27 pm

Just saw that excerpt from the press conference from the news. Absolutely nothing in it.

Fictional story.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:30 pm

ScapeGoat wrote:Sell them both, and get Buffon :)

FFS, don't mention Buffon! You'll have him snubbing us & feeling flattered by our interest & snubbing us again, again.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Socrates » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:11 pm

King Kev wrote:
smurfsdabomb wrote:So I hope Mancini is smart and doesn't let that cunt hart anywhere near the team until he deserves to be, which is a long way away from what I've seen.
WTF??

he isn't Irish?
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby sweenyuk » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:18 pm

my day just get's better and better, O'Neill walks from Villa and Given wants to quit City, can't wait for Saturday now... Hart is by far the better of thr 2 goalies
sweenyuk
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:15 pm

Some of the posts in this thread are very harsh.

Re Given's comments: Yes he might well "possibly go on loan" but the manager should not allow this to happen. Given knew that Joe Hart was a decent prospect before he put pen to paper, why would that change now? Under no circumstance should Mancini let us be put in the situation we were in at the end of last season.

All said though I'm a little disappointed at the recent comments from both 'keepers. I would've liked to have heard at least one come out and say that he's up for the fight, seems like none of them are.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:07 pm

ffs its the start of the season in 5 days and our keepers are throwing there toys out of the pram. the manager wants to get them together and say its up to him who plays and the other1 will be on the bench. and none are going anywhere
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby Mike J » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:04 pm

not surprised by either of them saying it. its fair enough imo. both exceptional keepers and both need to be playing. would be very sorry to see shay go though, top keeper and seems to be a top guy.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:30 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Some of the posts in this thread are very harsh.

Re Given's comments: Yes he might well "possibly go on loan" but the manager should not allow this to happen. Given knew that Joe Hart was a decent prospect before he put pen to paper, why would that change now? Under no circumstance should Mancini let us be put in the situation we were in at the end of last season.

All said though I'm a little disappointed at the recent comments from both 'keepers. I would've liked to have heard at least one come out and say that he's up for the fight, seems like none of them are.

broken britain. A whole generation of pussies. No wonder CARL left.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby ross.mcfc » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:57 pm

There will be more than enough football until xmas for them to fight it out on the pitch. If one of them is picked for the League and the other for the Cups games then it’s up to them to show who deserves to be number 1. Other top clubs have successfully worked on this basis and I don’t see why these two cant either.

I personally don’t think Hart is up to the standard to Given at the moment. People forget the immediate difference Given made to us when he came in even though most of us (including me) thought Hart was doing a good job.

There is a big difference from being busy like he was at Birmingham to playing fur us and having to make one big save a game. To me he had one good season and he gets into the England squad purely because all the other English keepers are crap. He still has a lot to prove to me. If all goes to plan he should get 10/15 games in the cup to prove himself.

Regarding Given. He is to sensible of a guy to be irrational if he’s not picked on Saturday. I know for a fact that he loves it at City. Perhaps only another of the CL contenders could tempt him away. Arsenal is a possibility. I remember the game he got injured that one of the pro Arsenal pundits asked during the games how many more trophies would Arsenal had one if they had Shay Given in goals.

Allowing Given to go to Arsenal would be like giving them 6 extra points minimum.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Florida Blue » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:08 pm

If that is how he feels, fine let him go and sell him to SPL, if he doesn't like it loan him to Santos and see how that works for him.

The only thing is what can we bring in for cover? Another year of Taylor is too much to live with as a #2.

I like Shay, but like others have said, plenty of football to go around whilst in the Europa Cup.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:53 pm

Florida Blue wrote:If that is how he feels, fine let him go and sell him to SPL, if he doesn't like it loan him to Santos and see how that works for him.

The only thing is what can we bring in for cover? Another year of Taylor is too much to live with as a #2.

I like Shay, but like others have said, plenty of football to go around whilst in the Europa Cup.

read Ronk's post above. it's all just bollox. Utter.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby TonyM » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:32 am

If Given is going to start then he better stop kicking the ball out. He just gifts the ball back to the opposition. Roll it out to the CB Shay!!!

Drives me bananas everytime I see him play. As soon as the ball goes to him it's hoofed upfield to no one. Worse than Dunne for it. You wouldn't mind but GAA training should have them making better use of long kicks.

BTW I think Joe and Shay need to be told they are going no where. It's not in either's interest to end up in the reserves. Give them a couple of 3 game runs each and then whoever does best stays in till Christmas. Sort of like we did with Smikes and Hart with Sven.

If they threaten anything - fine em and stick em in the reserves. Players need to show a bit of respect to the fans and their employers. Unless they want to turn amateur and play for the fun of it. They know the club suffered last season because we didn't have two potential number 1s. This season we need to play it safe. They need to take the money, nod their heads and get on with it.
TonyM
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:38 am

TonyM wrote:If Given is going to start then he better stop kicking the ball out. He just gifts the ball back to the opposition. Roll it out to the CB Shay!!!

Drives me bananas everytime I see him play. As soon as the ball goes to him it's hoofed upfield to no one. Worse than Dunne for it. You wouldn't mind but GAA training should have them making better use of long kicks.

BTW I think Joe and Shay need to be told they are going no where. It's not in either's interest to end up in the reserves. Give them a couple of 3 game runs each and then whoever does best stays in till Christmas. Sort of like we did with Smikes and Hart with Sven.

If they threaten anything - fine em and stick em in the reserves. Players need to show a bit of respect to the fans and their employers. Unless they want to turn amateur and play for the fun of it. They know the club suffered last season because we didn't have two potential number 1s. This season we need to play it safe. They need to take the money, nod their heads and get on with it.

I agree, someone needs to call them in the office.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:11 am

Hart can play up front right?
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby ant london » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:56 am

Pathetic from both of them as far as I'm concerned.

Yes, I can see the reasons why both want to play every week (Shay near the end of his career/Joe needs to play to improve) BUT they are both under contract and have both been treated utterly fairly by City.

Being a professional sportsman is supposed to be all about the honours ultimately....every player says they just want to win things (they don't care about the money so much, the love of the game is what it's about blah blah)....BOTH Joe and Shay have more chance of winning honours at City over the next couple of seasons than they do if they move elsewhere. They both also have the chance to be involved in something very very exciting.

Where is their fucking ambition...both of the mard arsed petulant cunts.

If I were Mancini and I had the chance to snaffle someone like Casillas right now, I would fuck the pair of them off....out of the 25 and let them rot in the stiffs til Xmas

A fucking DISGRACE both of them
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby dazby » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:27 am

ronk wrote:Just saw that excerpt from the press conference from the news. Absolutely nothing in it.

Fictional story.

forget it Ronk, the lynch mob have their knives out. There's gonnabe another hanging!!! Yeehaa
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby ant london » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:29 am

dazby wrote:
ronk wrote:Just saw that excerpt from the press conference from the news. Absolutely nothing in it.

Fictional story.

forget it Ronk, the lynch mob have their knives out. There's gonnabe another hanging!!! Yeehaa

ahem.....two actually....I was already up for lynching the bumpkin but now the paddy can go on the rope too
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby CitizenYank » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:31 am

Keeping everyone happy.....musical chairs is already starting!!
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:36 am

Was it Brian Clough who said that if someone wasn't in the team he would expect them to be unhappy. If not there was something wrong with them.

Mancini wont stand any nonsense.

"Eeet ees normal"
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Florida Blue » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:04 pm

dazby wrote:

Fictional story.

I saw what he said as well, nothing in it, but even what he said shouldn't have been said. He should have stopped and shut up after "I respect the manager's decision..."
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum