Given threatens to leave

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Given threatens to leave

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:26 pm

smurfsdabomb wrote:He's a whiny bitch not willing to fight for his place, he lost his place in the first place because he wasn't good enough. He couldn't get a minute at the world cup behind a 40 year old and robert fucking green. He came back and played like muck in pre-season and he still has the neck to say that if hes not playing hes off somewhere else. The sooner he realises he's not fucking good enough to play first team for a top club the better player he'll be at the end of it.

harsh but true imo.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby shawzy » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:47 pm

Here the video interview with Shay.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 89,00.html

Looks like both keepers aint gonna budge on there stance for the no1 spot, so only see one option and thats one of them to be shipped out.
5 days till the Prem starts and we get this shit now.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby irblinx » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:48 pm

Yawn, was asked leading questions just like Hart was last week
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:49 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Fucking keepers eh?

;-)

I think we are that good we don't even need to play with one!!
Sister of fu

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:50 pm

irblinx wrote:Yawn, was asked leading questions just like Hart was last week

so why not refuse to answer? anyone with half a brain would be able to detect the agenda the interviewers have, so how about "no comment" or "let's see what happens"?
The Man In Blue

Postby irblinx » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:59 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:

so why not refuse to answer? anyone with half a brain would be able to detect the agenda the interviewers have, so how about "no comment" or "let's see what happens"?

You do realise you are talking about a footballer right? And a keeper to boot
irblinx

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:03 pm

irblinx wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:

You do realise you are talking about a footballer right? And a keeper to boot

touche.
The Man In Blue

Postby nick (duki blues) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:06 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Fucking keepers eh?

;-)

Yeah exactly who needs em
nick (duki blues)
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Nige » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:19 pm

Wankers, both of them. The club needs solidarity and team spirit. What's next, Toure (k) demanding to start ahead of Kompany?

Fucking pre madonna football twats.

Sell both and buy a decent foreign goalie is my view,

Bobby Manc needs to come out with a "......I'm the guvner" statement otherwise the spunky media divs will be all over this.
lets wish for good days but not forget the bad days
Nige
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Fern 1

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:28 pm

Pick one of them, keep the other one and if the one on the bench sulks then tough $hit. We arent a charity and I dont personally give a toss whether Given/Hart are happy or not. They signed good contracts, are paid daft money, so they can honour them.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue2 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:30 pm

smurfsdabomb wrote:Given beat down Hart when they contested the position under Hughes and has done a stellar job ever since. To drop him would be no reasonable sense and would (in my opinion) purely be down to media pressure and appeasing the fans for giving an "english" player a chance. He'd be right to leave if he was dropped for those reasons and he'd go to Arsenal and kick the shit out of city then.

So I hope Mancini is smart and doesn't let that cunt hart anywhere near the team until he deserves to be, which is a long way away from what I've seen.

So Hart is a cunt and Given isn't for
saying more or less the same thing?
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:37 pm

In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:53 pm

Given has come out and said this because i bet he thinks with all joe harts crying and moaning to the media might get him the nod against spurs. So given probably thinks right fuck ya you little moaning bitch im gonna do the same.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Crossie » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:54 pm

lol nice pic.

There are enough games for the 2 of them, 3 games a week for most of the season, we should be looking to stay in all cup comps until the later stages, theoretically they could be get 30 games this season
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby smurfsdabomb » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:12 pm

Blue2 wrote:
smurfsdabomb wrote:Given beat down Hart when they contested the position under Hughes and has done a stellar job ever since. To drop him would be no reasonable sense and would (in my opinion) purely be down to media pressure and appeasing the fans for giving an "english" player a chance. He'd be right to leave if he was dropped for those reasons and he'd go to Arsenal and kick the shit out of city then.

So I hope Mancini is smart and doesn't let that cunt hart anywhere near the team until he deserves to be, which is a long way away from what I've seen.

Yes, because they're in different positions. I would say Given is justified, he's earned his first team place and has done nothing to lose it. If he was dropped this week there would be something shady about it and he'd be fully justified in looking for the door.

Hart has done nothing to warrant a first team place, he couldn't keep it the last time, he couldn't get it at England, he did nothing to deserve it in pre-season. There's no reason to start him so him coming out and saying "start me or I'm off" is ridiculous since if he considers himself the best goalkeeper at the club at present he needs to get his ego checked in for a dose of reality.
smurfsdabomb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby irblinx » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:15 pm

smurfsdabomb wrote:Yes, because they're in different positions. I would say Given is justified, he's earned his first team place and has done nothing to lose it. If he was dropped this week there would be something shady about it and he'd be fully justified in looking for the door.

Hart has done nothing to warrant a first team place, he couldn't keep it the last time, he couldn't get it at England, he did nothing to deserve it in pre-season. There's no reason to start him so him coming out and saying "start me or I'm off" is ridiculous since if he considers himself the best goalkeeper at the club at present he needs to get his ego checked in for a dose of reality.

Hart was selected as the best keeper in the Premier League last season, how is that not staking a claim for a first team spot?
irblinx

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:16 pm

Sack em both and get Fulop back. Job done!

On a serious note I'm very disappointed in the attitude of both our senior goalkeepers. The lack of ambition to be our number one and just take an easy number one job elsewhere is not the mentality of a title winning player.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:23 pm

smurfsdabomb wrote:
Blue2 wrote:

Yes, because they're in different positions. I would say Given is justified, he's earned his first team place and has done nothing to lose it. If he was dropped this week there would be something shady about it and he'd be fully justified in looking for the door.

Given has been playing at the top level for donkey's years & has nothing to prove. Hart's just on the verge becoming a top class keeper & needs to be playing right now not sat on the bench. It's absolutely crucial to Hart's future both at domestic & international level that he keeps improving & he can't do that without playing. I don't understand why you can't see that. Imagine how you would feel if you'd just established yourself as one of the best in the Prem lg, a possible England keeper, & found out you may spend the forseeable future sat on your arse while other keepers take your place as england's No 1, possibly for years to come if they do well?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Blue2 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:23 pm

irblinx wrote:
smurfsdabomb wrote:Yes, because they're in different positions. I would say Given is justified, he's earned his first team place and has done nothing to lose it. If he was dropped this week there would be something shady about it and he'd be fully justified in looking for the door.

Hart was selected as the best keeper in the Premier League last season, how is that not staking a claim for a first team spot?

Beat me to it mate, abslolutely spot on.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby ScapeGoat » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:26 pm

Sell them both, and get Buffon :)
ScapeGoat
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives