Training Friday 6/8

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Friday 6/8

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:11 pm

The good news as everybody weill see this afternoon is that Mancini was back at Carrington this morning. ( Kidd as well)
And close to a full compliment of players as well with the exceptions being Bridge and Zaba with a knock and strain from yesterday.Neither being serious.And MJ wasn't out again.

So normal service resumed today with Mancini taking the players through some of the old routines moving around the pitch together in formation and positions. When they did this it really drove home the size and quality of the squad.Then he took an 11 off behind a fence to work specifically with them and if that was the first team no real surprises to be seen and as you can imagine when I looked back at the rest of them it did look a good second team.

Apart from some forward play movement Mancini did some work on corners which involved Kolarov taking them all .Unlike at Dortmund he was missing the near post defender and one where Yaya and Kompany raced in but under the ball was met by Boateng on the volley with a great finish.Other ideas were being worked and a few defensive corners also practiced so they all knew their positions.

Mancini then swapped one team for another 11. Whilst he was doing this the rest were doing keep ball circles stuff and the laughter rang out at times which was good to hear. Generally the spirits around seemed pretty good and the best group always seemd to have SWP in it with his usual infectious grin.

A really tough passing game followed with a small group taken away to work on finishing. More for the keepers I think as the finishers were Nedum,Logan, Cunningham and Caicedo! Then the whole session finished with a 10 a side game which again was quite strong with a number of clashes leaving players limping.Nothing looked serious though but you could tell how much was going into it by most of the players by their reactions.No surprise Beller's voice could be heard easily but I think I actullay heard a strong reaction on a couple of occasions from Vieira and RSC which I don't think I have heard from them before. Good commitment all round.Kolo,Yaya,Vincent,Kolarov,Jo all missed out on the this final session. Yaya was getting some massage and stretching work done on him.The same work on me would have snapped me in half.

Shay was in the goal nearest to me and he was loud all the time , as he should be , but none more so than when a corner was headed in by an unmarked big Phil.The save Shay made turning a deflected shot onto the bar and away was exceptional.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Friday 6/8

Postby Murph » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:15 pm

Cheers Doug, glad to hear the lads seem to be in good spirits.
"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the fucl do you think you're talking to?"
Murph
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Murph » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:17 pm

BTW Doug, how did David Silva look?
"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the fucl do you think you're talking to?"
Murph
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:18 pm

Logan is still with us?? I thought his contact had ran out and he was having trials with a few other teams??

"After his trial with Doncaster Rovers he joined Sheffield United on trial, where he played in two friendlies, the first against Burton Albion and the second against Rotherham United"
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:19 pm

Murph wrote:BTW Doug, how did David Silva look?

Small. He was a bit more involved today than yesterday and we saw some signs of the class he has.His first touch was excellent and he seemd to have a good awareness of what was around him.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carolina-blue » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:39 pm

Wow!!!!! Nice one Doug , I know Its a great position to be In But Bobby Manc will have to have his diplomatic man management skills In overdrive this season keeping two sets of great players content . I cant wait for us to get going ,
COME ON CITY
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:53 pm

Cheers Doug
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:55 pm

Phew, thak Christ Mancini's back! Any word on his old fella?

Interesting to hear Boateng scoring a volley. He looks such a good player yet he's only ever scored for the U21's & never for Hamburg.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Blue Blood » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:58 pm

Cheers for the report doug,

im looking forward to today's live streamed training session and taking closer look at silva myself :D
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:05 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Phew, thak Christ Mancini's back! Any word on his old fella?

Interesting to hear Boateng scoring a volley. He looks such a good player yet he's only ever scored for the U21's & never for Hamburg.

I asked Jose( the interpreter ) how Mancini's father was and he said he was " ok , thank you for asking"
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Kyle » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:21 pm

You're the man Doug, thanks for the report!
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:30 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Phew, thak Christ Mancini's back! Any word on his old fella?

I asked Jose( the interpreter ) how Mancini's father was and he said he was " ok , thank you for asking"

That's good to hear. I assumed he was a goner.

Cheers Doug.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:05 pm

Just for info but I bumped into Kiddo at CoMS this afternoon. He had just got a cuppa from the admin building near the main entrance and was walking back inside but he said he was away yesterday at a league manager's gathering representing Mancini who was still away.That's why Platt was running the show yesterday
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Blue in the face » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:29 pm

Great report Doug.

I think you're getting better.

Did you take an english O level during the summer?
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Thai » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:41 am

Thanks for the report Doug - great as usual.
A Blue Forever
Thai
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Return to The Maine Football forum