Europa League Draw

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Europa League Draw

Postby 1921 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:17 pm

King Kev wrote:
1921 wrote:
tchumatu wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:That looks like it's in fucking Transylvania to me! Gary Neville will have relatives there. Personally I don't fancy getting caught in the Carpathians.

Actually TImisoara isn't anywhere near the Carpathians, so you're safe.

@1921 - what's with the nickname, thought your team was formed in 2002.

You're wrong. It's not fc timisoara it's not 2002. It's POLI (Politehnica) Timisoara and it was formed in 1921. It's a very big confussion with our record. Some italian trash stole our record so now we are in a "fight" with him at the court. 100% we will win and we will be again Poli Timisoara since 1921.
I have a feeling he knows that and is trying to wind you up mate.

I'm sure he know. :)) How many u will be at Timisoara? approximate....
I think u know that Mansour it's one of our strikers. :))
Last edited by 1921 on Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Negouai's Red Cards

Supporter of: Poli Timisoara

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:17 pm

For anyone trying to get there check out flights to Budapest. Still a long way off but there are cheapo flights to Budapest and getting to the border cant be that diff. Timisoara is not that far over the border.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby King Kev » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:19 pm

1921 wrote:
King Kev wrote:
1921 wrote:
tchumatu wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:That looks like it's in fucking Transylvania to me! Gary Neville will have relatives there. Personally I don't fancy getting caught in the Carpathians.

Actually TImisoara isn't anywhere near the Carpathians, so you're safe.

@1921 - what's with the nickname, thought your team was formed in 2002.

You're wrong. It's not fc timisoara it's not 2002. It's POLI (Politehnica) Timisoara and it was formed in 1921. It's a very big confussion with our record. Some italian trash stole our record so now we are in a "fight" with him at the court. 100% we will win and we will be again Poli Timisoara since 1921.
I have a feeling he knows that and is trying to wind you up mate.

I'm sure he know. :)) How many u will be at Timisoara? approximate....
I'd guess at 1500-2000, the price of flights will probably put a lot of people off.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:19 pm

brite blu sky wrote:For anyone trying to get there check out flights to Budapest. Still a long way off but there are cheapo flights to Budapest and getting to the border cant be that diff. Timisoara is not that far over the border.

Or Belgrade. Or Novi Sad. Which are both closer.I think it's about 260 return from Gatwick or Heathrow to Belgrade, maybe a bit less. Expect to pay under 30 quid Belgrade to Timosoara each way.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby tchumatu » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:21 pm

King Kev wrote:I have a feeling he knows that and is trying to wind you up mate.

damn it KK! :)

Here's what their owner had to say about the draw

"This draw is the consequence of us finishing 5th last season. We are all guilty for this, that's why motivation will be so high to go further. We'll win over Manchester City as we did against Shakthar. I've never been more certain of anything. I really trust the team, the coach, the staff that we will get together as only we can do when the going gets tough. It won't be just a show, it'll be our victory"

This is the guy that said it

Roberto Mancini was the man who brought us our first trophy in 35 years. He was the man that brought us our first league title in 44 years. He brought us one of the greatest moments of our lives. He masterminded a 6-1 win at Old Trafford, and a Wembley win over United. He challenged Ferguson, he argued with him on the touchline, he brought success, and he punched the air in delight with the rest of us at the madness of it all. He had style, panache and a winning smile.All those memories he gave us will never be forgotten, in a wonderful period in this club’s long history.
And I swear, we’ll never see anything like it again.
tchumatu
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

My favourite player is: Bell

Postby King Kev » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:21 pm

Hmmmmm, might be worth a go!

[urlnp=http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=cheadle+hulme+to+Timisoara&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=12.739664,28.168945&ie=UTF8&ll=49.553726,9.404297&spn=13.981893,28.168945&z=5]LINK[/urlnp]
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:26 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:For anyone trying to get there check out flights to Budapest. Still a long way off but there are cheapo flights to Budapest and getting to the border cant be that diff. Timisoara is not that far over the border.

Or Belgrade. Or Novi Sad. Which are both closer.I think it's about 260 return from Gatwick or Heathrow to Belgrade, maybe a bit less. Expect to pay under 30 quid Belgrade to Timosoara each way.

yeah but Budapest is on the destinations for Ryanair, Easyjet and Vueling.. just seen some flights at 30 notes compared to 300 to Belgrade.. which is about the same distance to Timisoara. So it is worth checking out.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:31 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

yeah but Budapest is on the destinations for Ryanair, Easyjet and Vueling.. just seen some flights at 30 notes compared to 300 to Belgrade.. which is about the same distance to Timisoara. So it is worth checking out.

Sorry, thought you were talking about Bucharest. Check if trains go from Budapest. If they do, it'll be from Keleti station, I think.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby PeterParker » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:47 pm

I really hope that City will play with their best players here, not with Jo or others like that. If City will play with arrogance they will have real problems.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby King Kev » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:48 pm

PeterParker wrote:I really hope that City will play with their best players here, not with Jo or others like that. If City will play with arrogance they will have real problems.

I expect that we will change 4 or 5 players but that is the point of building such a strong squad. Even with the changes we will probably be fielding 11 Internationals so we should be ok.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby tchumatu » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:56 pm

PeterParker, please check your private messages.

And welcome!
Roberto Mancini was the man who brought us our first trophy in 35 years. He was the man that brought us our first league title in 44 years. He brought us one of the greatest moments of our lives. He masterminded a 6-1 win at Old Trafford, and a Wembley win over United. He challenged Ferguson, he argued with him on the touchline, he brought success, and he punched the air in delight with the rest of us at the madness of it all. He had style, panache and a winning smile.All those memories he gave us will never be forgotten, in a wonderful period in this club’s long history.
And I swear, we’ll never see anything like it again.
tchumatu
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

My favourite player is: Bell

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:56 pm

King Kev wrote:
PeterParker wrote:I really hope that City will play with their best players here, not with Jo or others like that. If City will play with arrogance they will have real problems.

I expect that we will change 4 or 5 players but that is the point of building such a strong squad. Even with the changes we will probably be fielding 11 Internationals so we should be ok.

14th Spurs v City
19th Timisoara v City
23rd City v Scouce1

so we are gonna have to trust the squad right from the off
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby CitizenYank » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:00 pm

Well if City start Jo at our first chance of cracking any silver this year--then the Shieks sure
wasted a lot of gas-pump proceeds didn't they??
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:03 pm

who thinks that we will play Tevez in all 3 of those games ?
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby john@staustell » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:40 pm

brite blu sky wrote:who thinks that we will play Tevez in all 3 of those games ?

Me.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:02 pm

Alright, I can see that I might be able to get cheap flights to Budapest. Now would someone be interested of idea of renting a car from Budapest and driving there? Provided I can sort tickets and so on.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby ashton287 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:22 pm

so is anyone from england/manchester actually going to go to this then?

if anyone is let me know what kind of money your looking at and wether i might get kidnapped by some hostel running motherfuckers if i go?
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:25 pm

ashton287 wrote:so is anyone from england/manchester actually going to go to this then?

if anyone is let me know what kind of money your looking at and wether i might get kidnapped by some hostel running motherfuckers if i go?

Here's hoping ;-)

Aren't the club doing an Etihad Special?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PeterParker » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:38 pm

Guys, Timisoara is like a little...Vienna i think. A lot of things to visit and no hostel motherfuckers :))
In a pub in Timisoara a draught beer is 1 euro, in stores a beer is bellow 1 euro. Food = You can eat very well with let`s say 4-5 euros. And hotels or hostels , about 28-30 euros/ night . The price is for the room. Also, you must change the pounds/euro in Romanian currency, because not all the places accepts paying with euro.
Like i said, is a nice trip, many places to visit.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby 1921 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:22 pm

PeterParker wrote:Guys, Timisoara is like a little...Vienna i think. A lot of things to visit and no hostel motherfuckers :))
In a pub in Timisoara a draught beer is 1 euro, in stores a beer is bellow 1 euro. Food = You can eat very well with let`s say 4-5 euros. And hotels or hostels , about 28-30 euros/ night . The price is for the room. Also, you must change the pounds/euro in Romanian currency, because not all the places accepts paying with euro.
Like i said, is a nice trip, many places to visit.

Timisoara is know like the little Vienna.
Negouai's Red Cards

Supporter of: Poli Timisoara

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum