Europa League Draw

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Europa League Draw

Postby 1921 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:54 pm

Negouai's Red Cards

Supporter of: Poli Timisoara

Postby john@staustell » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:47 am

tchumatu wrote:City's squad has been updated on the UEFA website. Silva is in. Jo as well.

Bellamy?

:-)
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Haz » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:42 am

john@staustell wrote:
tchumatu wrote:City's squad has been updated on the UEFA website. Silva is in. Jo as well.

Bellamy?

:-)

Still no Bellamy :-(
Haz
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: The Goat

Postby 1921 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:50 pm

In attention of Manchester City fans!

2010-08-13 13:37:01
As a sign of respect for Manchester City fans and also for media and for the competition itself, FC Timişoara wants to inform you that the game FC Timişoara-Manchester City, scheduled for 19th of August 2010 WILL NOT BE televised by any UK television. We didn’t receive any offer on this matter, so your only possibility of watching this match is to be... on our stadium next Thursday night. We invite you in Timişoara to enjoy a real football show! You can follow our website in the next days to check out if any new information should appear. On this matter, you can contact our press office. E-mail address: leventebalint@gmail.com.
Negouai's Red Cards

Postby tchumatu » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:37 pm

I paid some attention to Timisoara's both games since we drew them for the Europa League, so here are some things about their team.

They played 4-2-3-1/4-5-1 in both games against CFR Cluj (won at home against Romanian champions) and U Craiova (draw away against a poor but young team). They seem to have great fighting attitude and managed to turn the score in 4 of their last 5 games (most famous against MyPA in EL, coming back from 0-3 at halftime), the latest, 1-1, came from a goal scored in the 92nd minute.

Their team was
----------------Taborda----------------
Scutaru---Luchin---Cisovski---Sepsi
---------Bourceanu-----Alexa---------
Goga----------Magera--------Curtean
----------------Axente------------------

Most likely this will also be the team against us, maybe Contra in for either Scutaru or Goga.

Positives - They seem to like long shots taken by Alexa or Bourceanu, also a threat might come from Curtean who likes to cut inside and shoot from the edge of the box. Their forwards are tall and physical, Axente is also quick and good on the ball. The left back, Sepsi, tends to move forward and help the attack, and I'd expect the same on the right side should Contra play.

Negatives - The central defenders don't make a great partnership, they are also quite slow. Their two holding midfielders are more of the DeJong type, but they did seem to link the attack against poor midfields (and they can shoot). The right side of the defence is also a soft spot. Their attacking midfielder (deep lying forward), Magera, is more of a target man: lacks creativity, vision and speed.

I would also expect Zicu to feature at some point of the game (he scored the equalizer in the last game), he's very good with the ball, but quite lazy. Another player to probably come from the bench is Tames, a creative midfielder, that I think could give them some options in attack.

See you on Thursday!

LE: Before someone asks, Mansour is supposed to be injured, so he won't feature. However, I think he has a clause in his contract forbiding him to play against the big man's team.
Roberto Mancini was the man who brought us our first trophy in 35 years. He was the man that brought us our first league title in 44 years. He brought us one of the greatest moments of our lives. He masterminded a 6-1 win at Old Trafford, and a Wembley win over United. He challenged Ferguson, he argued with him on the touchline, he brought success, and he punched the air in delight with the rest of us at the madness of it all. He had style, panache and a winning smile.All those memories he gave us will never be forgotten, in a wonderful period in this club’s long history.
And I swear, we’ll never see anything like it again.
tchumatu
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

My favourite player is: Bell

Postby superkev8705 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:42 pm

Zicu sounds like their version of Robinho. Is he Brazilian by any chance?
superkev8705
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Carlitos Tevez

Postby Dameerto » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:09 pm

That was an interesting read tchumatu, and thanks for the Mansour update - enjoy the game on Thursday mate. (I'm sorry I can't be there, I'd have loved to spend a week looking around the town)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby 1921 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:48 pm

tchumatu wrote:I paid some attention to Timisoara's both games since we drew them for the Europa League, so here are some things about their team.

They played 4-2-3-1/4-5-1 in both games against CFR Cluj (won at home against Romanian champions) and U Craiova (draw away against a poor but young team). They seem to have great fighting attitude and managed to turn the score in 4 of their last 5 games (most famous against MyPA in EL, coming back from 0-3 at halftime), the latest, 1-1, came from a goal scored in the 92nd minute.

Their team was
----------------Taborda----------------
Scutaru---Luchin---Cisovski---Sepsi
---------Bourceanu-----Alexa---------
Goga----------Magera--------Curtean
----------------Axente------------------

Most likely this will also be the team against us, maybe Contra in for either Scutaru or Goga.

Positives - They seem to like long shots taken by Alexa or Bourceanu, also a threat might come from Curtean who likes to cut inside and shoot from the edge of the box. Their forwards are tall and physical, Axente is also quick and good on the ball. The left back, Sepsi, tends to move forward and help the attack, and I'd expect the same on the right side should Contra play.

Negatives - The central defenders don't make a great partnership, they are also quite slow. Their two holding midfielders are more of the DeJong type, but they did seem to link the attack against poor midfields (and they can shoot). The right side of the defence is also a soft spot. Their attacking midfielder (deep lying forward), Magera, is more of a target man: lacks creativity, vision and speed.

I would also expect Zicu to feature at some point of the game (he scored the equalizer in the last game), he's very good with the ball, but quite lazy. Another player to probably come from the bench is Tames, a creative midfielder, that I think could give them some options in attack.

See you on Thursday!

LE: Before someone asks, Mansour is supposed to be injured, so he won't feature. However, I think he has a clause in his contract forbiding him to play against the big man's team.

The single thing that is not corect here is that Alexa and Bourceanu take long shots... :D
Negouai's Red Cards

Postby 1921 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:35 am

I can't w8 for tomorow Image Today is my birthday so a draw is the best birthday gift i can recive. Make my wish come true. :))
Negouai's Red Cards

Postby tchumatu » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:36 am

Happy birthday mate. See you tomorrow for a beer maybe? Or two...?
Roberto Mancini was the man who brought us our first trophy in 35 years. He was the man that brought us our first league title in 44 years. He brought us one of the greatest moments of our lives. He masterminded a 6-1 win at Old Trafford, and a Wembley win over United. He challenged Ferguson, he argued with him on the touchline, he brought success, and he punched the air in delight with the rest of us at the madness of it all. He had style, panache and a winning smile.All those memories he gave us will never be forgotten, in a wonderful period in this club’s long history.
tchumatu
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Postby Dameerto » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:57 pm

Happy birthday.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby tchumatu » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:02 pm

tchumatu
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum