Nimely

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Nimely

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:36 pm

JB wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
JB wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Agree about Nimely but not about Ireland.

Nimely's showing the aplication Mancini would have been hoping for from many of the 'fringe' players but hasn't been seeing from most. He must be giving himself a shout of an occasional place in the squad.

Application and quality Ted.

Unfortunately, Tutte and Kay were just not good enough, but did see some potential in Cunningham last night - looked far better than Bridge who was by far our worst last night.

Our best? AJ did more in 10 minutes than most did in 90 and I thought Jo took his goal well.

I meant quality as part of the 'application' required. Nimely's progressed steadily each season rather than standing still like many of our young players & he was happy to do a job out wide, work hard & try to do the right things. He's quick, skillful, can beat a man & scores goals. That gives him a chance, even at City.

Agree about Cunningham. I've never rated him at all but he looked a better option than Bridge yesterday & showed perhaps why Mancini keeps involving him in games.

No worries Ted, I do know what you meant and I agree. I was trying to highlight the difference between NImely and Tutte who both applied themselves but where there was an obvious difference in the quality of player. Nimely could have a future with us while Tutte looks like an average Championship player. (Sorry if it came across as if I was having a go!)

In addition to Cunningham, who has real potential, I thought Boyata and Mee looked far more accomplished than Ned or Bridge.

No probs I was just agreeing with you. I thought Tutte looked a prospect a few years ago but I don't think he's got the physique to be effective enough as a kind of midfield grafter in the PL. He may end up a very good player later in his career though & perhaps a similar thing could happen with Ben Mee.

Mee is a great tackler but just plain too slow against tricky players & too small against big strikers imo. Perhaps when he's older if he becomes a brick shithouse who can learn to read the game he could make it as a kind of Modern day Steve Bruce but I think he'll have to go elsewhere to learn that. Boyata on the other hand could be something very special soon imo. He seems to have everything & a good temperament to boot. By the end of this season, if he learns a few more 'tricks of the trade' he could be close to becoming one of our 1st choice CB's & save us a few quid.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum