3 high profile players out?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: 3 high profile players out?

Postby CityGer » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:45 am

We won't sell Lescott and he is the only one of the three that I'd be really disappointed to see go.

With Silva, Tevez, AJ and Milner in the squad, I really can't see Shaun getting much of a look in and I reckon he'll definitely be off. As for Bridge, hasn't been half the player I hoped he'd be. His crossing is some of the worst I have seen at any level, he isn't a great tackler and he finds himself out of position too muh for my liking. A very average player and with Boateng, Lescott and Zabba we have adequate cover for Kolarov
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Goaters 103 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:00 am

Assuming Balotelli and Milner come on board that will prob finish Citys spending and then we will be able to dictate who goes without needing to sign replacements. Id reckon Onouha, Bellamy and Sant Cruz are certain goners, along with the likes of Etuhu, Jo, Caicedo, Garrido etc. M Johnson's a walking injury and hasn't contributed for 2 seasons so though he may stay at the club he wont be in the nominated 25 either.

Id be amazed if Lescott was sold but SWP could well be gone too. Wonder if he will get his raise that he wants on his 65k? Prob not.
Last edited by Goaters 103 on Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby simon12 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:01 am

CityGer wrote:We won't sell Lescott and he is the only one of the three that I'd be really disappointed to see go.

With Silva, Tevez, AJ and Milner in the squad, I really can't see Shaun getting much of a look in and I reckon he'll definitely be off. As for Bridge, hasn't been half the player I hoped he'd be. His crossing is some of the worst I have seen at any level, he isn't a great tackler and he finds himself out of position too muh for my liking. A very average player and with Boateng, Lescott and Zabba we have adequate cover for Kolarov

I`ve got to agree with this. Lescott is going no where that`s pure speculation due to the purchase of JB who`s probably going in at right back. I can`t see how Mancio can come to the conclusion he doesn`t rate Lescott without seeing him play.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby john@staustell » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:03 am

Sunday is definitely a field day for rubbish in the press. There are many more candidates in the squad for the chop before Lescott and Bridge. These press goons dont actually know that Lescott was playing very well until he got injured.

But why ruin a good story? Doesn't sound the same with 'Jo, Caicedo and CunningHAM for the chop' does it?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:38 am

I'm sure I read Mancini saying he wants 2 quality players in each position and that Bridge isn't going anywhere ?! Can't see Joleon going either but I agree with the others in that, unfortunately, SWP will be on his way
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby simon12 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:00 am

The squad:

Goalkeepers David Gonzales (COL) Shay Given (IRL) Joe Hart (ENG) Gunnar Nielsen (FAR) Stuart Taylor (ENG)

Defenders Dedryck Boyata (BEL) Greg Cunningham (IRE) Javan Vidal (ENG) Jerome Boateng (GER) Joleon Lescott (ENG) Wayne Bridge (ENG) Javier Garrido (ESP) Shaleum Logan * (ENG) Nedum Onuoha (ENG) Micah Richards (ENG) Kolo Toure (CIV) Pablo Zabaleta (ARG) Aleksander Kolarov (SER)

Midfielders Abdisalam Ibrahim (NOR) Adam Johnson (ENG) David Silva (ESP) Gareth Barry (ENG) Patrick Vieira (FRA) Yaya Toure (CIV) Nigel de Jong (NED) Kelvin Etuhu * (NGR) Stephen Ireland (IRL) Michael Johnson (ENG) Vincent Kompany (BEL) Vladimir Weiss* (SVK) Shaun Wright-Phillips (ENG)

Strikers Emmanuel Adebayor (TGO) Craig Bellamy (WAL) Felipe Caicedo * (ECU) * (BRA) Alex Tchuimeni-Nimely (ENG) Robinho * (BRA) Roque Santa Cruz (PRY) Carlos Tevez (ARG)

Just from a quuick glance at the squad I`ve underlined who I think are up for sale and in italics have got this season to prove something or stake a claim. Mu personal opinion is Kolo should be in italics however I don`t think Mancio sees it that way.

Thoughts.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Florida Blue » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:10 am

Goaters 103 wrote:Assuming Balotelli and Milner come on board that will prob finish Citys spending and then we will be able to dictate who goes without needing to sign replacements. Id reckon Onouha, Bellamy and Sant Cruz are certain goners, along with the likes of Etuhu, Jo, Caicedo, Garrido etc. M Johnson's a walking injury and hasn't contributed for 2 seasons so though he may stay at the club he wont be in the nominated 25 either.

Id be amazed if Lescott was sold but SWP could well be gone too. Wonder if he will get his raise that he wants on his 65k? Prob not.

He is homegrown, doesn't that exempt him from the 25?
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby petrov » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:11 am

With the homegrown in capitals and u21's not included I think our 25 man squad will be.

GIVEN
HART
TAYLOR
------------------------
RICHARDS
Zabaleta
LESCOTT
Toure
Boateng
Kompany
Kolarov
BRIDGE
-------------------------
Toure
DeJong
MILNER
BARRY
Silva
JOHNSON
Vieira
IRELAND
Tevez
Adebayor
Balotelli
Bellamy

That'll do nicely thx and has a nice 10 outta 25 homegrown players.
petrov
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:12 am

Florida Blue wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:Assuming Balotelli and Milner come on board that will prob finish Citys spending and then we will be able to dictate who goes without needing to sign replacements. Id reckon Onouha, Bellamy and Sant Cruz are certain goners, along with the likes of Etuhu, Jo, Caicedo, Garrido etc. M Johnson's a walking injury and hasn't contributed for 2 seasons so though he may stay at the club he wont be in the nominated 25 either.

He is homegrown, doesn't that exempt him from the 25?

No, doesn't that just mean he's one of the 8 homegrown players in the 25, only Under 21s are exempt IF I understand it right?
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Florida Blue » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:12 am

dupe
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:22 am

pure press bull, cant believe so many have been sucked into it.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby simon12 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:28 am

brite blu sky wrote:pure press bull, cant believe so many have been sucked into it.

I don`t think it`s a case of getting sucked in by bull britey, but more the bull opening the debate because we will need to shed some, and some will be names.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Postby BobKowalski » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:39 am

petrov wrote:With the homegrown in capitals and u21's not included I think our 25 man squad will be.

GIVEN
HART
TAYLOR
------------------------
RICHARDS
Zabaleta
LESCOTT
Toure
Boateng
Kompany
Kolarov
BRIDGE
Toure
DeJong
MILNER
BARRY
Silva
JOHNSON
Vieira
IRELAND
Tevez
Adebayor
Balotelli
Bellamy

I'd take that and be happy
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:43 am

well im gonna wait till i see it, for me i haven't seen so much evidence that Mancini intends any kind of clear out, on the contrary the noises seem to suggest the opposite and he will keep his prem experienced players. My take is he would be sensible to do that this season and then see after a full season under his methods who has made the grade or not. Bear in mind that all the non Prem based players we have brought in have to come up to prem speed and show they can cope and flourish, Mancini would be gambling if he just threw them all in and expected it to work first time.

imo there will be less departures than you would 'normally' have at a club bringing players in, cos City dont have to be 'normal'
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Wooders » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:45 am

I will be genuinely gobsmacked if we sell lescott - the others I am not too bothered about but this lad is gonna be true class as a CB
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:54 am

petrov wrote:With the homegrown in capitals and u21's not included I think our 25 man squad will be.

GIVEN
HART
TAYLOR
------------------------
RICHARDS
Zabaleta
LESCOTT
Toure
Boateng
Kompany
Kolarov
BRIDGE
Toure
DeJong
MILNER
BARRY
Silva
JOHNSON
Vieira
IRELAND
Tevez
Adebayor
Balotelli
Bellamy

im only counting 23 there

Boateng is 21 and Baloteli is 19 and Vieira is an OAP so they may not count to 25 squad
Last edited by brite blu sky on Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby petrov » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:37 pm

brite blu sky wrote:

GIVEN
HART
TAYLOR
------------------------
RICHARDS
Zabaleta
LESCOTT
Toure
Boateng
Kompany
Kolarov
BRIDGE
Toure
DeJong
MILNER
BARRY
Silva
JOHNSON
Vieira
IRELAND
Tevez
Adebayor
Balotelli
Bellamy

im only counting 23 there

Boateng is 21 and Baloteli is 19 and Vieira is an OAP so they may not count to 25 squad

Well than sub in David Luis and Lionel Messi.
petrov
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:48 pm

well in my counting there is room for another 4 players in addition to your list.

2 more buys and SWP and Nedum
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Return to The Maine Football forum