A New Right Back?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

A New Right Back?

Postby giokingkladze » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:23 pm

Mancini has talked about wanting two top class players for every position. I think by the time Milner and Balotelli have signed, we won't be too far away from that. One position I do still feel we're short in though is RB. Boateng has arrived and most fancy he will be used mainly as a right back, although he supposedly prefers to play in the middle. Other than him, we have Micah who for three years has had potential but not lived up to it, Onuoha who appears to be on the way out and Zabaleta who has never let anyone down but a top class RB? I'm not so sure.

With Kolarov known to be keen to get forward, I think if Mancini could convince a right sided version (Maicon/Alves?) to come, he would be able to play the extra defensive midfielder, as he likes to do, and the threat offered by our full-backs would more than make up for it.

I think Milner will prove to be a good signing but if Mancini wants these two top class players per position, I think he should be looking for a new right back before any more midfielders.
giokingkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Gio

Re: A New Right Back?

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:25 pm

Every team has their weak points. I for one would be happy if Micah plays to his potential as it stands right now. He has the occasional great game, and we have to remember how good Glen johnson was before he regularly got into a top side.

Maybe being in a top side will rub off on him - he definately has the talent, this season is now his season for him to stake his place

Just so long as he doesnt play in the middle
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:28 am

We have loads of right backs prob is jury is out on the lot, lets give boateng a chance, i can see us eventually buying a top top class right back and shipping the lot out.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby CityGer » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:06 am

What about Bosingwa? I thought he was superb before his injury. With Ivanocic's form last season he may struggle to get back in to the Chelsea side.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby john@staustell » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:06 am

Having signed Boateng I dont thing we need another RB. Bobby seems to be persevering with Richards, giving him the armband etc the other night. I reckon he'll be the second RB(/CB), for better or for worse.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:22 am

john@staustell wrote:Having signed Boateng I dont thing we need another RB. Bobby seems to be persevering with Richards, giving him the armband etc the other night. I reckon he'll be the second RB(/CB), for better or for worse.

I agree as we have enough players to cover that position, assuming JB will be first choice. Even Kolo can play at RB and he likes to get forward.
The good thing is that all these players, JB, Kolo, Micah and Ned can all play CB and RB if needed. The big question for me is, who will make up the central defence partnership.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Grob » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:48 pm

Dubaimancityfan wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Having signed Boateng I dont thing we need another RB. Bobby seems to be persevering with Richards, giving him the armband etc the other night. I reckon he'll be the second RB(/CB), for better or for worse.

I agree as we have enough players to cover that position, assuming JB will be first choice. Even Kolo can play at RB and he likes to get forward.
The good thing is that all these players, JB, Kolo, Micah and Ned can all play CB and RB if needed. The big question for me is, who will make up the central defence partnership.

I will be shocked if it wasnt Kolo and Vince

In my opinion it should be Vince and Jocott
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Florida Blue » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:46 pm

If we have to go into season with Micah and Zabba, I think we will be fine. No question Micah looked poor on Friday, but I think he was trying to do too much considering who was around him. You put him or Zab in with the others we put out there, I think right back will be more than solid.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Return to The Maine Football forum