Serious City Humour

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Serious City Humour

Postby brite blu sky » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:11 pm

ive got a sneaky and uncomfy feeling that this season is going to seriously test our humour.

am i right in thinking that as fans we are getting more serious and edgy about the team?
i was gobsmacked by the reaction on here to the Sporting game.

has fans humour gone to pot as expectations have risen?

If that is the case, what are City fans going to turn into?

It is the kind of thing i expect from mongo glory hunters, and we are going to attract enough of those as things progress, but it isnt what i would expect from lifelong and long standing fans.

Coupled with the fact that the press are gonna try and turn our gold into shit, are we in for a humourless year? and is it effecting us.. are we getting sucked into their game?
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Re: Serious City Humour

Postby simon12 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:14 pm

I`m still waitng for it to all go wrong...so I would say I`m still a City fan of old with a smile.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby brite blu sky » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:22 pm

simon12 wrote:I`m still waitng for it to all go wrong...so I would say I`m still a City fan of old with a smile.

ha ha, that feeling will take some shifting, for some reason i have an image of 3 strands of hair greased over the scalp of a small fat weasel
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Beeks » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:28 pm

simon12 wrote:I`m still waitng for it to all go wrong...so I would say I`m still a City fan of old with a smile.

I'm with Si on this..and it hasn't even gone right yet!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Goaters 103 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:49 pm

If all our billions spent wins us one Carling Cup It'll be worth it as theres about 40k of us who will go on a 3 week bender if that occurred, myself being one of them.

City fans humour remains intact, as does the soul of the club. However we are on the verge of settling quite a few old scores over the next few years and there are certain members of the press, other teams and their poxy supporters who I will greatly enjoy seeing chew on a $hit sandwich if/when we start having tangible success.

That fat bast*rd Danny Kelly and sex-pest woman beating Collymore to name two, both of whom seem to think City will implode if we don't get in the Champs League next year, when I had the nmisfortunate to stray onto them on the airwaves in the past fortnight; unfortunately for them, City will only get stronger and football better get used to it as we aren't going away anytime soon.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Crossie » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:32 pm

I think its worth reminding myself that we are still City, we will fuck up plenty along the way.

Its hard when we see all these names coming in and others being linked. Its hard to keep our feet on the ground, maybe we shouldnt, but experience tells me not to get too excited until we've played a few league games
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:34 pm

I waved my wallet in front of a scum fan at work the other day. Hes a nice bloke, not that bothered about football now, naturally.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Return to The Maine Football forum