Do you feel uncomfortable?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Do you feel uncomfortable?

Postby mr_nool » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:21 pm

cdncityfan wrote:There are four stages:
1. Where everyone adopts you as a second team, with pity and indifference.
2. When you come upon significant investment, treated with jealousy, hatred and ridicule.
3. When you win a trophy, treated with ridicule and sentiments of 'you bought the league'. (It will get more intense!!!)
4. When you have won a few trophies over a few years, referred continually as a big club everyone would like to play for and the hatred moves on to the next to make a real push for the Champions League places.

What happened with Chelsea will happen with us.
Over here in North America, apart from committed fans of rival teams, the reaction to City has not been very negative at all. We have improved the quality of the Premier League and made it more watchable for neutrals. That should be worth a few brownie points!!! Fan bases often build on the basis of who the strongest clubs were when people start watching if they are not part of a family committed to any particular club or from people who tire of 'their' club. Our fan base will only get larger...just hopefully not with people who have a red rag hidden in the back of the closest from their last favourite team...

i would say that you are half right. in Scandinavia, where the interest in English football is - and ha always been - massive, people still hate Chelsea with a passion for buying success. City are the new boo-boys.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby john68 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:25 am

Top post that Zurich. I enjoyed reading that mate...Thanks.

I really couldn't give a fuck what others think about us. It won't change my feelings one iota.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby CitizenYank » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:11 am

If they like you, chances are your not winning....

but when you win cups they stop making fun of you!!
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:58 am

I've found in general, fans of most clubs away from The Filth are of the mind, "good on yer, you deserve it"
We do need to turn the spending into success though before we truly know. In the meantime it seems that most recognise our suffering overing the years and appreciate that we didn't desert our club.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Fish111 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:37 am

blootoof wrote:Lovin it.

Same ere, fuck-em. I won't give a shit about anyone else when i see the captain of City holding trophy after trophy aloft. It is a common British trait called jealousy. No-one would turn down what we have going at the moment and i'm going to enjoy every minute of it. We were only 'liked' by other teams supporters because we were shit and never a threat to anyone but now we are a major threat not just domestically but globally as well.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby crossan » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:05 pm

Come on would you rather be a penniless club and odds on for relegation? who gives a shit about what other teams fans think!!! all that matters is that we win the premiership at any cost,just listen to some of the fans on skysports,yes they sound like council estate,benefit drawing low lifes but for the first time in a generation they have something to look forward to.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:04 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I've found in general, fans of most clubs away from The Filth are of the mind, "good on yer, you deserve it"
We do need to turn the spending into success though before we truly know. In the meantime it seems that most recognise our suffering overing the years and appreciate that we didn't desert our club.

That's my experience too.

I don't bother about it at all. I don't even have this expectation that some blues seem to have. I am just enjoying being entertained.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum