Where in the world is...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Where in the world is...

Postby Alioune DVToure » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:49 pm

... Felipe Caicedo? Just watching the highlights from last night. Jo impressed, surprisingly, and I was just wondering where Big Phil Collins is if not on tour(?) To the best of my knowledge his Malaga loan spell finished at the end of last season. Surely we should either be seeing if he's improved or at least banging him in the shop window by giving the lad some game time.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Re: Where in the world is...

Postby Grob » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:16 pm

I dont think he's actually made it on tour which pretty much hints that he's on the way out.

Shame, he's a much better bet than Jo.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby CityGer » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:22 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:... Felipe Caicedo? Just watching the highlights from last night. Jo impressed, surprisingly, and I was just wondering where Big Phil Collins is if not on tour(?) To the best of my knowledge his Malaga loan spell finished at the end of last season. Surely we should either be seeing if he's improved or at least banging him in the shop window by giving the lad some game time.

Did he?
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: us

Postby blootoof » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:53 pm

The socks made a better impression than Jo.
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby The Man In Blue » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:58 pm

blootoof wrote:The socks made a better impression than Jo.

an unlikely selling point. "The new MCFC away socks: Well, at least they're better than Jo"
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby john@staustell » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:05 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:... Felipe Caicedo? Just watching the highlights from last night. Jo impressed, surprisingly, and I was just wondering where Big Phil Collins is if not on tour(?) To the best of my knowledge his Malaga loan spell finished at the end of last season. Surely we should either be seeing if he's improved or at least banging him in the shop window by giving the lad some game time.

Nearly started the same thread this morning. But I thought some smart-arse might turn up with a photo of him training or something. Turns out he's just disappeared!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:50 pm

If that was Jo impressing I would hate to see him on a bad day. He wasn't awful but I didn't think he was at all impressive.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Alioune DVToure » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:27 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:If that was Jo impressing I would hate to see him on a bad day. He wasn't awful but I didn't think he was at all impressive.

Only watched the highlights, but he looked sharp, quick, strong (what the fuck!), two-footed and committed. I was surprised. He obviously has ability. Can we get the best out of him? Does he deserve another go if he gets his head down? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he still only 20/21? Still really young.

And Doug, have you seen Caicedo?
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:47 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:If that was Jo impressing I would hate to see him on a bad day. He wasn't awful but I didn't think he was at all impressive.

Only watched the highlights, but he looked sharp, quick, strong (what the fuck!), two-footed and committed
. I was surprised. He obviously has ability. Can we get the best out of him? Does he deserve another go if he gets his head down? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he still only 20/21? Still really young.

I think you should watch again.......but this time take off the black bin liner from your head.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Alioune DVToure » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:11 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:

Only watched the highlights, but he looked sharp, quick, strong (what the fuck!), two-footed and committed
. I was surprised. He obviously has ability. Can we get the best out of him? Does he deserve another go if he gets his head down? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he still only 20/21? Still really young.

I think you should watch again.......but this time take off the black bin liner from your head.

Haha. Like I said I only watched the highlights. That move down the right in the first half between Ireland and Jo and the final ball from Jo to Bellamy were sublime. Later in the half, he got away from the centre-half from a beautifully-weighted Ireland through-ball and was hacked down, resulting in the lad getting booked. If he was otherwise shit for 70 or however many minutes, then I take back my comments, but I'm only going off of what I saw. There's a surprise hero or comeback kid every season (think Ireland in 08/09). Perhaps if Jo keeps his head down.... But maybe not, who knows. He DID look sharp though, and I'm having no comeback on that. I'll just wait for someone to agree with me!
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Grob » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:49 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:

Haha. Like I said I only watched the highlights. That move down the right in the first half between Ireland and Jo and the final ball from Jo to Bellamy were sublime. Later in the half, he got away from the centre-half from a beautifully-weighted Ireland through-ball and was hacked down, resulting in the lad getting booked. If he was otherwise shit for 70 or however many minutes, then I take back my comments, but I'm only going off of what I saw. There's a surprise hero or comeback kid every season (think Ireland in 08/09). Perhaps if Jo keeps his head down.... But maybe not, who knows. He DID look sharp though, and I'm having no comeback on that. I'll just wait for someone to agree with me!

Im sorry mate but if you had watched the whole 60 odd minutes he was on, you would have seen that he was actually as sharp as a spoon.
Grob

Postby Green & Blue » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:56 am

I all fairness think Jo did okay for himself when he got on the ball but unfortunately he had so little of it he did not really get to make an impression.Some people have already made up their minds on him and in some cases opinions cant be changed.
Green & Blue

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Grob » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:55 pm

Green & Blue wrote:I all fairness think Jo did okay for himself when he got on the ball but unfortunately he had so little of it he did not really get to make an impression.Some people have already made up their minds on him and in some cases opinions cant be changed.

I made up my mind that Jo wasnt up to it years ago. He continues to prove me right everytime I see him.

He did well for him i guess. A good cross, a few flick ons that went to noone, and looked interested in parts. Still cant control the ball, hold it up, or look threatening.
Grob

Postby Nick » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:10 pm

I said this on bluemoon. Much better prospect than Jo.

Before they went on Tour i did see the ''dream partnership'' of jo and caicedo at the trafford centre. Where is he now?
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Bojinov's left foot » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:14 pm

Jo is not good enough now or where we want to be.
Bojinov's left foot
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Nick » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:23 pm

I think mancini wants to see something in Jo because he cost so much money, where as big Phil did not.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Return to The Maine Football forum