2 Players for each position?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

2 Players for each position?

Postby gillie » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:45 pm

Bobby says this is what he wants.Well im fucked if i can pick 2 for each position.

GK=Shay&Joe.
RB= Boateng&?
LB= Kolarov&Bridge.
CB=Toure,Lescott,Kompany&?
MF= Barry,De Jong,Toure.Y,Ireland,Silva,A.Johnson,SWP&Vieira.
ATT=Ade,Tevez,Bellers&RSC.
So come on guys fill in the blanks coz i dont know who else is considered good enough or top class as Bobby states.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: 2 Players for each position?

Postby Alioune DVToure » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:04 pm

I'm giving all possible positions and beginning with the most likely first choice for each of those. I'm not including the likes of Cunningham and Nimeley who are still miles from regularly being in contention. Incidentally, I think our most frequent line-up will be this 4-4-2:

-------------------------Given

Boateng--------Toure-------Kompany------Kolarov

Johnson--------(Milner)-------Yaya-----------Silva

---------------Adebayor---------Tevez

GK - GIVEN/Hart

RB - BOATENG/Richards/Zabaleta/Onuoha

RCB - TOURE/Boyata/Richards/Onuoha/Kompany

LCB - KOMPANY/Lescott/Boyata/Onuoha/Richards

LB - KOLAROV/Bridge/Garrido

RM - JOHNSON/Wright-Phillips

RCM - (MILNER)/Vieira/Yaya/M.Johnson/De Jong/Zabaleta/Kompany/Ireland

LCM - YAYA/Vieira/Milner/M.Johnson/Ireland/De Jong/Zabaleta/Kompany

LM - SILVA/Bellamy/Johnson/Kolarov

RS - ADEBAYOR/Tevez/Bellamy/Jo?

LS - TEVEZ/Adebayor/Bellamy/Jo?

Also, on occasions:

CAM - IRELAND/Silva

Healthy-looking squad to me with plenty of options. Could afford to lose a few but I'd get Milner in and then stop buying until January at the earliest.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby BobKowalski » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:10 pm

Richards. RB&CB. I get the impression Mancini rates him before you start :)
Zabs RB or even midfield which Mancini seems keen on getting to work
Kolarov can play also CB or LM
Boateng can play RB, CB and LB
Boyata also at CB? Mancini seems to rate him very highly

Assuming we sign:
Milner can cover center and wide right or left midfield (at a pinch)
Balotelli can play striker or out wide like Bellers

One feature about the new signings is their versatility in a number of positions
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby colonel_muck » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:16 pm

there are so many players now its getting a bit ridiculous. that said injuries are inevitable and roberto is certainly covering his bases there is no doubt about the quality ready to step in wherever an injury arises. what i am concerned about is unrest in the squad...
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Chinners » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:12 pm

The number of players concerns me a little bit but with a longish run in the 2 cups and Europe there will be enough games for most players to get
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby john@staustell » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:15 pm

Mr Kowalsi has hit the nail on the head, and Bobby loves players with versatility.

Once the PL and WAFFA squads are named players will get the hint as to whether they are required or not! If they haven't previously been sold abroad, or loaned to Chesterfield.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Grob » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:47 am

john@staustell wrote:Mr Kowalsi has hit the nail on the head, and Bobby loves players with versatility.

Once the PL and WAFFA squads are named players will get the hint as to whether they are required or not! If they haven't previously been sold abroad, or loaned to Chesterfield.

or sent to Coventry
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:46 am

Here's my senior squad pick in tribute to milestone on BM. All the U21s are also available via the B Lists.

Keep Bellamy if Torres/Dzeko etc doesn't arrive. For the UEFA squad I'd leave Taylor out and let Loris Karius provide third goalkeeper cover in order to meet the 4 club-trained regulation. If Ireland goes then bring in MJ. If not swap him for Vieira at Christmas if he's fit by then, bring Taylor back and then we would have the same squad for both competitions. I wouldn't like to pick the 7 who don't make the team or the bench out of that lot - Doug needs to keep a careful watch at Carrington for horrific tackling during training......
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby GavinSE1 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:07 am

johnny crossan wrote:Here's my senior squad pick in tribute to milestone on BM. All the U21s are also available via the B Lists.

Keep Bellamy if Torres/Dzeko etc doesn't arrive. For the UEFA squad I'd leave Taylor out and let Loris Karius provide third goalkeeper cover in order to meet the 4 club-trained regulation. If Ireland goes then bring in MJ. If not swap him for Vieira at Christmas if he's fit by then, bring Taylor back and then we would have the same squad for both competitions. I wouldn't like to pick the 7 who don't make the team or the bench out of that lot - Doug needs to keep a careful watch at Carrington for horrific tackling during training......

I think your squad already contains 4 club-trained players: Hart, Richards, SWP, and Ireland. As long as a player is registered with a club for at least 3 seasons prior to age 21, they satisfy the rule. I am assuming that a player is still registered with City during a loan spell, so the period on loan should still be credited to City.
GavinSE1
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:14 am

GavinSE1 wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Here's my senior squad pick in tribute to milestone on BM. All the U21s are also available via the B Lists.

I think your squad already contains 4 club-trained players: Hart, Richards, SWP, and Ireland. As long as a player is registered with a club for at least 3 seasons prior to age 21, they satisfy the rule. I am assuming that a player is still registered with City during a loan spell, so the period on loan should still be credited to City.

Sadly Joe didn't join City till May 2006 - so he's too old to be registered as a club trained player I'm afraid
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Hart
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:57 pm

Aren't we getting tangled up here? Surely the '3 years at your club' rule is only for the U21s, who dont need to be listed in the main squad? The home-grown element of the main squad is at any English club. Innit?

Anyway, here's my guess for PL, but I reckon the Europa may be slightly different. The flexibility is the key:

Given Hart Taylor

Boateng Touré(K) Lescott Kompany Kolarov Bridge Richards Zabaleta

SWP AJ DeJong Silva Barry Vieira Touré(Y) Bellamy Milner (Ireland or Nervous Neddy)

Tevez Adebayor Balotelli AN Other

Of course Milner may not be here, in whch case I'm sure we'll move onto some bugger else in midfield. AN Other will be Torres or another main striker, or failing that someone already here like Santa Cruz or Guidetti.

Looking at that we don't seem TOO overloaded at all, as those not making it aren't up to it anyway (despite the academy wishful thinkers) or, in the case of Robinho, dont want to be here (as Bobby said in the Mail today).

One article says that Mancini's friendly face is just an act, and those who know him in Italy says he's as cold and ruthless as you can get. Just what we need in my opinion but his brief isn't to promote our academy, it's to win the PL, and he means to do it. But it wont be by giving youngsters experience - except in USA of course!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:02 pm

john@staustell wrote:Aren't we getting tangled up here? Surely the '3 years at your club' rule is only for the U21s, who dont need to be listed in the main squad? The home-grown element of the main squad is at any English club. Innit?

Anyway, here's my guess for PL, but I reckon the Europa may be slightly different. The flexibility is the key:

Given Hart Taylor

SWP AJ DeJong Silva Barry Vieira Touré(Y) Bellamy Milner (Ireland or Nervous Neddy)

Of course Milner may not be here, in whch case I'm sure we'll move onto some bugger else in midfield. AN Other will be Torres or another main striker, or failing that someone already here like Santa Cruz or Guidetti.

Looking at that we don't seem TOO overloaded at all, as those not making it aren't up to it anyway (despite the academy wishful thinkers) or, in the case of Robinho, dont want to be here (as Bobby said in the Mail today).

One article says that Mancini's friendly face is just an act, and those who know him in Italy says he's as cold and ruthless as you can get. Just what we need in my opinion but his brief isn't to promote our academy, it's to win the PL, and he means to do it. But it wont be by giving youngsters experience - except in USA of course!

The only tangling is by yourself and it could be avoided if you read what previous posters have said a little earlier. You don't seem to add anything at all except to regurgitate bits of bile from the Daily Fail.

Here is a simple summary of the position relating to the squads for the Premier & Europa League:

Prem requires a max of 25 players of which 8 must have been trained in England and Wales.

Uefa, for Europa Cup, requires a squad of 25 of which 8 must have been trained in England and Wales. PLUS, of those 8, 4 must be club trained.

Players who are club trained and under 21 (eg Weiss, Boyata, Ibrahim) can play in both competitions, and are registered on a separate list.

It also appears to mean that under 21s who have not been in the Association (Prem rules) or Club (Uefa rules) are not eligible for the B list. Thus Guidetti is not eligible for the list this year but would be next year, after doing 3 years with us. Helan has 2 more years to wait.

Players who are not included on the list of 25 cannot play in the relevant competition. The lists can only be amended after the January window. The players can, however, play in FA & Carling Cups.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:58 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Aren't we getting tangled up here? Surely the '3 years at your club' rule is only for the U21s, who dont need to be listed in the main squad? The home-grown element of the main squad is at any English club. Innit?

Given Hart Taylor

The only tangling is by yourself and it could be avoided if you read what previous posters have said a little earlier. You don't seem to add anything at all except to regurgitate bits of bile from the Daily Fail.

Here is a simple summary of the position relating to the squads for the Premier & Europa League:

Prem requires a max of 25 players of which 8 must have been trained in England and Wales.

Uefa, for Europa Cup, requires a squad of 25 of which 8 must have been trained in England and Wales. PLUS, of those 8, 4 must be club trained.

Players who are club trained and under 21 (eg Weiss, Boyata, Ibrahim) can play in both competitions, and are registered on a separate list.

It also appears to mean that under 21s who have not been in the Association (Prem rules) or Club (Uefa rules) are not eligible for the B list. Thus Guidetti is not eligible for the list this year but would be next year, after doing 3 years with us. Helan has 2 more years to wait.

Players who are not included on the list of 25 cannot play in the relevant competition. The lists can only be amended after the January window. The players can, however, play in FA & Carling Cups.

Alright wise guy I'll remember to clear it with you before I post in future.

I was referring to this from your last conversation with Gavin:

Here he refers to the senior squad containing 4 club-trained players, which as you quote is irrelevant for PL as long as they are trained in England and Wales. This is typical of the general confusion that most fans of all clubs, except your very wise self of course, feel.

So tell me Oh fountain of knowledge:

Is it therefore true that if we sign a player on first January we are stuffed until 1st Feb as regards playing him? It's another example of this ill-thought-out rule which means some players will be kicked out of clubs, transferred down the line and someone somewhere will lose their jobs. The other main effect is that you can see all the clubs - including us - fill their academies with foreign youngsters.

And I get the Telegraph! :-)
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:48 pm

john@staustell wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Given Hart Taylor

Here he refers to the senior squad containing 4 club-trained players, which as you quote is irrelevant for PL as long as they are trained in England and Wales. This is typical of the general confusion that most fans of all clubs, except your very wise self of course, feel.

Is it therefore true that if we sign a player on first January we are stuffed until 1st Feb as regards playing him? It's another example of this ill-thought-out rule which means some players will be kicked out of clubs, transferred down the line and someone somewhere will lose their jobs. The other main effect is that you can see all the clubs - including us - fill their academies with foreign youngsters.

Sorry John, you're right it's all a bit opaque and one in - one out from now on could be destabilising for players and clubs alike. The Prem League is following UEFA which doesn't have Europa fixtures during the January window but since its own fixtures continue there is a problem of managing squad registrations to allow new acquisitions to play.
The fountain is not even a trickle on this subject. I have written to them but doubt I'll get an answer.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:43 am

johnny crossan wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Given Hart Taylor

Sorry John, you're right it's all a bit opaque and one in - one out from now on could be destabilising for players and clubs alike. The Prem League is following UEFA which doesn't have Europa fixtures during the January window but since its own fixtures continue there is a problem of managing squad registrations to allow new acquisitions to play.
The fountain is not even a trickle on this subject. I have written to them but doubt I'll get an answer.

Thanks Johnny. Thought you must've had a bad moment yesterday shooting at me with both barrels! But I see another thread has appeared on the same subject right now, and it's just an indication of what a half-arsed balls-up this ruling is by the PL/FA.

Cheers

john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:09 am

john@staustell wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Given Hart Taylor

Thanks Johnny. Thought you must've had a bad moment yesterday shooting at me with both barrels! But I see another thread has appeared on the same subject right now, and it's just an indication of what a half-arsed balls-up this ruling is by the PL/FA.

Cheers

I'm suffering from PPRAT syndrome ( Pre Player Registration Acquisition Tension) - apologies again for pomposity
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Return to The Maine Football forum