Kolarov done

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kolarov done

Postby Erwin Rommel » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:23 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Not really fan of defenders whose prime attributes aren't defensive but hopefully Mancini can mould him into good defender who can also go forward.

So we have just spent £19 million on a Left Back who can't defend?
Nice one Mancini.
Erwin Rommel
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: tevez

Postby john@staustell » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:08 am

Erwin Rommel wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Not really fan of defenders whose prime attributes aren't defensive but hopefully Mancini can mould him into good defender who can also go forward.

Nice one Mancini.

Should've had that Lahm fella, I know NQDP is a big fan!

“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:13 am

Erwin Rommel wrote:

Nice one Mancini.

then again, you once suggested that Stephen Jordan would play for England. Nice one.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Renato_CTID » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:18 am

Shoot shoot shoot! Welcome to a new young impressive talent, his left foot will make crying a lot of keepers!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:41 am

Renato_CTID wrote:Shoot shoot shoot! Welcome to a new young impressive talent, his left foot will make crying a lot of keepers!

Yeah but will he be able to rifle in a 35 yarder like Danny Mills?
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby dazby » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:28 pm

Good luck to him. Hope he does well. I'm concerned that he didn't draw my attention at the world cup (Serbia were in the same group as Oz.) I'm also concerned that players that make their name due to scoring flashy goals, particularly defenders, are not so good at doing their job. If Roberto Carlos had not scored THAT goal he would not have the status he holds in the game.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:34 pm

not sure what all this negativity about his defending is all about - is it just rumour?

There are lots of clips about showing he is a good defender as well - just not surprising that when he does go forward and score goals of the quality he does then it is this aspects that get most attention

In the modern game - and with Mancini's preferred formations - you need players like this

I think Kolarov and Ya Ya will be the 2 key signing that see us push for the title this year
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:39 pm

dazby wrote:Good luck to him. Hope he does well. I'm concerned that he didn't draw my attention at the world cup (Serbia were in the same group as Oz.) I'm also concerned that players that make their name due to scoring flashy goals, particularly defenders, are not so good at doing their job. If Roberto Carlos had not scored THAT goal he would not have the status he holds in the game.

FACT.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby kinkylola » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:07 am

so bbc has it as done and understands 16m? Not a bad price at all I think.

If Kolarov ever gets done once or is out of position one time for a goal that came from a cross then NDQP will never forgive him.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:35 am

kinkylola wrote:so bbc has it as done and understands 16m? Not a bad price at all I think.

If Kolarov ever gets done once or is out of position one time for a goal that came from a cross then NDQP will never forgive him.

Yeah, well let's hope he doesn't fuck up, eh?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:23 am

If my idea of how Mancini wants to play is correct, attacking fullbacks with a good touch on the ball will be essential, which puts a question mark against the futures most of our current bunch. I could imagine another right back coming in.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Scatman » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:25 am

Ted Hughes wrote:If my idea of how Mancini wants to play is correct, attacking fullbacks with a good touch on the ball will be essential, which puts a question mark against the futures most of our current bunch. I could imagine another right back coming in.

how would you explain boateng? centre back?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby kinkylola » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:27 am

I don't think there is any way that plan A involves boateng at CB ... he was bought to be our RB
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:42 am

kinkylola wrote:I don't think there is any way that plan A involves boateng at CB ... he was bought to be our RB

And what makes you so sure of that?
Personally, what I've seen of him in Bundesleague, I consider him as centerback who can play RB. Bit like Micah and Nedum. Who I both consider to be stronger centerbacks than rightbacks.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:49 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
kinkylola wrote:I don't think there is any way that plan A involves boateng at CB ... he was bought to be our RB

And what makes you so sure of that?
Personally, what I've seen of him in Bundesleague, I consider him as centerback who can play RB. Bit like Micah and Nedum. Who I both consider to be stronger centerbacks than rightbacks.

That's what I think too. Imo if a top quality attacking RB was available Mancini would be interested as most of the senior ones we have are mainly just defenders. I can't think of many quality ones who we could sign however (I won't mention your German mate because I don't particularly rate him & I've run out of jokes anyhow!)

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beeks » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:01 am

Boateng will play RB with kolo/kompany, lescott and kolarov as the back line
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby cityPinoy_fc » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:06 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Boateng will play RB with kolo/kompany, lescott and kolarov as the back line

its a big possibility and im not against it either. 3 central defenders just like germany's will allow kolarov to maraud forward and provide support/width.
[center]What would happen if pacman meets ferguson?
WHO THE F*** ARE MAN UNITED!!!!![/center]
cityPinoy_fc
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:15 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Boateng will play RB with kolo/kompany, lescott and kolarov as the back line

You're probably right as Boateng is a much better footballer than our current RB's & will do a decent attacking job but I still recon Mancini will sign an attacking RB if the right player becomes a possibility. Then he doesn't need to rely on out & out wingers for width.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:45 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:If my idea of how Mancini wants to play is correct, attacking fullbacks with a good touch on the ball will be essential, which puts a question mark against the futures most of our current bunch. I could imagine another right back coming in.

Exactly.

From what I can gather, Mancini likes to play with two defensively capable central mids, with the full backs attacking at every opportunity. It would make sense when you think how defensive we looked since he took over - it could well be down to us not having quality attacking full backs, whilst trying to incorporate two midfielders whose preference is to hold.

Well I fucking hope so because the last thing all of you need is me whinging every week because I'm being bored to tears ;-)
Original Dub

Postby gillie » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:44 pm

Well I fucking hope so because the last thing all of you need is me whinging every week because I'm being bored to tears ;-)

Why change the habit of a lifetime lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum