Of there was ever a doubt...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Of there was ever a doubt...

Postby petrov » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:54 pm

a great article imho, spells out what we need and hope to achieve without knocking us in any way. Anyone who thinks we're a bigger club than the likes of Sporting outside of England is seriously deluded. The tide is turning though and its only a matter of time till we are.
petrov
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby justlurkin » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:54 pm

john68 wrote:...and what bit of that annoyed you?
We certainly don't fit into the category of global yet and to the outside World we are still pretenders to any throne.
He is quite right to suggest that we have a long way to travel on our journey.
he even makes the point that we played with a weak side who are still weeks away from peak fitness.

It was a pre season run around...what's the problem?

John68, Agree with you. Was just thinking the same thing. We have a long journey to travel which makes it all the more satisfying when we win something, which I think we will this season. By the way, thanks again for dropping OD, Gillie and me off at our hotel last season. Much appreciated. Hope to see you again in the townley this season. Take care.
justlurkin
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:56 pm

john68 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
justlurkin wrote:I don't see anything wrong with the article either. What I do get annoyed about is when they say on sky that a weakened chelsea team get beaten by ajax and a strong city team get beaten by sporting. Everybody is hoping we fail this season and there's a huge amount of jealousy out there at the moment. Manure have no money, Arsenal have money and won't spend it, Liverpool are resigned to buying out-of-contract signings and Chelsea will just add one or two players. The whole media circus out there are begging with all their might for us to fail, we will be destroyed by them this season if we do so let's get behind the club and win something so they can shut the fuck up.

Nice post Pickled Gurkin. All of us, Manager, Players and Supporters are going to need very thick skin this season and if we do have to go into siege mentality, then so be it. However, I can assure anyone who feels the need to a have a pop at me personally regarding our club, will get their words rammed dutifully down their throats.

Is that an invitation Beefers?...:-)

Send the Rags forward mate.

Edit: Ha ha ha, just read it back ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby john68 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:08 pm

CHEAT...:-)
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Lee_R » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:30 pm

Sorry lads. I was a bit annoyed in general last night then reading that just pissed me off even more. I suppose I just dont like his face.
I'm not going to say its an ok article as I still think hes got it in for us but its not as bad as I first thought. I was tired and grumpy when I read it.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:33 pm

Lee_R wrote:Sorry lads. I was a bit annoyed in general last night then reading that just pissed me off even more. I suppose I just dont like his face.
I'm not going to say its an ok article as I still think hes got it in for us but its not as bad as I first thought. I was tired and grumpy when I read it.

Miserable twat ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby CityGer » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:34 pm

Lee_R wrote:Sorry lads. I was a bit annoyed in general last night then reading that just pissed me off even more. I suppose I just dont like his face.

In other words.........I thought I'd follow the sheep and do an anti media thread to prove how uber blue I am. It's backfired big time and I've made a right James Blunt of myself so it's time for an epic back track.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Lee_R » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:39 pm

CityGer wrote:

In other words.........I thought I'd follow the sheep and do an anti media thread to prove how uber blue I am. It's backfired big time and I've made a right James Blunt of myself so it's time for an epic back track.

Yes exactly that dickhead.
Lee_R

Postby CityGer » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:16 pm

Lee_R wrote:
CityGer wrote:

Thought so. x
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Lee_R » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:59 pm

CityGer wrote:
Lee_R wrote:
CityGer wrote:

Thought so. x

:)
Lee_R

Postby Socrates » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:18 pm

Thought the article was a reasonable enough read, can understand that some people are becoming sensitive to the press though, so the OP should be forgiven. What I cannot forgive is the grammar in the topic title! Bad enough when people use "of" instead of "have" without using it instead of "if!"
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Lee_R » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:00 pm

Socrates wrote:Thought the article was a reasonable enough read, can understand that some people are becoming sensitive to the press though, so the OP should be forgiven. What I cannot forgive is the grammar in the topic title! Bad enough when people use "of" instead of "have" without using it instead of "if!"

I'm so so very fucking sorry, it was like 4am or something. Would you like me to edit it for you? :-P
Lee_R

Postby Socrates » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:56 pm

Lee_R wrote:
Socrates wrote:Thought the article was a reasonable enough read, can understand that some people are becoming sensitive to the press though, so the OP should be forgiven. What I cannot forgive is the grammar in the topic title! Bad enough when people use "of" instead of "have" without using it instead of "if!"

I'm so so very fucking sorry, it was like 4am or something. Would you like me to edit it for you? :-P

damage done, scars will never heal ;o)
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Beanieboy » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:59 pm

'not read the ting but totally agree on anything you said after i saw the face
Beanieboy
De Jong's Tackle

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum