Do You Have Faith In Robert Mancini?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Do You Have Faith In Robert Mancini?

Postby kinkylola » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:01 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
So, 'Has he got what it takes?'

Personally I think he has and although I believe he is going to have a 'Mourinho-esque' type of approach, I will be happy to see us, and him, succeed.

Serious question then, and no Poll required, 'Do You Have Faith In Robert Mancini?'.

total faith in mancini, excited for what's to come.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:06 am

After being a bit doubtful during NQDP's continuous plugging of Mancini during the Hughes era, I must say, given the fact that he was plunged in at the deep end and didn't have players to the quality he wanted, I have been impressed.

The guy is a winner, and any comparison with Ranieri (above) eludes me. He talks without pressure and in a matter-of-fact way that he knows he will win the league, it's not IF, but WHEN. This is not mere bluster, as he took serial basket-case Inter right to the top, so he knows what is required. On the pitch the wins at Chelsea, Fulham and even Burnley were a revelation, as was the trashing of a very strong, defensive Birmingham side. All those results are inconceiveable in recent memory. Personally I thought a 0-0 draw at Arsenal - where they hardly had a shot - was a step forward at a place which usually resembles the Alamo for us, despite some mindless criticism on the websites because it was a 'poor game'.

As for the games where it didn't come off, I am sure Bobby was frustrated by the lack of quality in certain areas of our team, and is trying to address this. The only fly in the ointment is whether we will get some players because of ridiculous asking prices.

He told the players they would have to work from day 1, and drills them day after day after day in the system he wants. There is gathering a certain inevitability about the City machine, that it will steam-roller people.

I (currently) have faith in Bobby!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:39 am

Yes,until he does something that gives me reason not too.

I'll be in touch.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Bingo Lewis » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:49 am

I'll tell you once I see how he lines up v spurs in August.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby The Man In Blue » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:01 am

this question is a little unfair at this juncture imo. what with all the signings, raised expectations and such it is hard to have any idea how the start of the season will go, whether mancini is a genius or not. i'm buzzing about the players we have brought in, and am looking forward to seeing what roberto does with the side after a full summer of planning and a complete pre-season with the lads, but yet again we are facing the unknown.

as with the last guy, i really really really hope bobby smashes it with us and goes on to become a legend here. we will know within two or three months whether he is capable of that.

gonna be fun eh?
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:12 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:I'll tell you once I see how he lines up v spurs in August.

Maybe that's an unfair stance though Bingo? Of all the games there are, the two most likely to be lost are now SCUM away and Spuds away I reckon. So if we only lose those 2 and win the league all will be hunky dory. Could be we may well lose at Spuds however we line up, but then we shouldn't let that spin us off into tales of woe and Armageddon!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Bingo Lewis » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:57 pm

john@staustell wrote:

Maybe that's an unfair stance though Bingo? Of all the games there are, the two most likely to be lost are now SCUM away and Spuds away I reckon. So if we only lose those 2 and win the league all will be hunky dory. Could be we may well lose at Spuds however we line up, but then we shouldn't let that spin us off into tales of woe and Armageddon!

Didn't say the result John, I said "see how they line up" ie, I was a little miffed at some of Manchini's team selections last season, that was his biggest problem for me. If he picks the right starting 11 for Spuds then I will place my faith in him.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:08 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Didn't say the result John, I said "see how they line up" ie, I was a little miffed at some of Manchini's team selections last season, that was his biggest problem for me. If he picks the right starting 11 for Spuds then I will place my faith in him.

It may be different to his ideal line up because of the amount of pre season some of the players will have missed compared to others. May not want to risk too many of them in the starting line up until he's had time to work with them.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Grob » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:34 pm

Jurys still out. He under achieved by finishing below 4th. Clearly not by much but it was still a failure.

With my kind head on, he probably deserves a second chance. With the 3 additions we have made so far and the fact that we have the basis of an excellent squad already bedded in from last season. Im expecting us to be up with the pace for the title at xmas.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby cdncityfan » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:30 pm

What faith I do have in Roberto Mancini flows from his stellar record in Italy with Inter Milan, Fiorentina and Lazio, the fact that he had the squad playing much more tactically and as a unit than any time when Hughes was in charge and the quality of the signings that he has made. Where I am not sure about him boils down to the suspicion that he has not tactically figured out the Premier League. Matches like Tottenham and Everton are worrying when the very setup of the team and tactics persued allow both to play their games and dominate in key areas. Whether he has learned enough to do better in his second season is an open question. I want to believe...
Manchester City FC: the class of the Premier League!
cdncityfan
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Rangers / City
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby cdncityfan » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:31 pm

What faith I do have in Roberto Mancini flows from his stellar record in Italy with Inter Milan, Fiorentina and Lazio, the fact that he had the squad playing much more tactically and as a unit than any time when Hughes was in charge and the quality of the signings that he has made. Where I am not sure about him boils down to the suspicion that he has not tactically figured out the Premier League. Matches like Tottenham and Everton are worrying when the very setup of the team and tactics persued allow both to play their games and dominate in key areas. Whether he has learned enough to do better in his second season is an open question. I want to believe...
cdncityfan

Postby cdncityfan » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:32 pm

cdncityfan

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum