Manchester City V Sporting Lisbon on ESPN

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Manchester City V Sporting Lisbon on ESPN

Postby mcfc1632 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:05 am

MaseCTID wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:4/ Now I am admittedley an anti-Micah poster and was dismayed to see him start with the armband on. After 20mins though I was wondering if this had been a masterstroke by Mancini as Micah was impressing more than he had in the last 2 years put together - defending and going forward...

He's definitely a confidence type player. I think that giving him the armband will have given him a little boost and lets not joke about here, he HAS the potential to be a top class defender. He just needs to get his head down and work hard. I think with the amount of competition he'll have for a place this year we might well see him pull his finger out and knuckle down.

It's funny because people go on about how brilliant Ireland is, yet he's only had one decent season out of how many?? Micah has done exactly the same yet doesn't get near the amount of praise Ireland gets.

Only time will tell but I have a feeling Micah will turn out to be a very very important player in the future.

I can bring myself to agree - despite the massive mis-givings - but why oh why then did he fade back to old Micah last night - after a promising start - 20mins effort is not enough
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Beeks » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:45 am

MaseCTID wrote:
Only time will tell but I have a feeling Micah will turn out to be a very very important player in the future.

Mase you've been smoking crack..Micahs 'important' contribution last night involved giving away both goals last night..the first..allowing the forward to get in front of him for the header..the second..complete ballwatching when the flick was threaded through with no effort to even get back!!

This lad is a joke and the sooner he leaves the better we will become
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby brite blu sky » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:47 am

mcfc1632 wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:4/ Now I am admittedley an anti-Micah poster and was dismayed to see him start with the armband on. After 20mins though I was wondering if this had been a masterstroke by Mancini as Micah was impressing more than he had in the last 2 years put together - defending and going forward...

He's definitely a confidence type player. I think that giving him the armband will have given him a little boost and lets not joke about here, he HAS the potential to be a top class defender. He just needs to get his head down and work hard. I think with the amount of competition he'll have for a place this year we might well see him pull his finger out and knuckle down.

It's funny because people go on about how brilliant Ireland is, yet he's only had one decent season out of how many?? Micah has done exactly the same yet doesn't get near the amount of praise Ireland gets.

I can bring myself to agree - despite the massive mis-givings - but why oh why then did he fade back to old Micah last night - after a promising start - 20mins effort is not enough

perhaps not being match fit, it being very humid and hot and all his mates being given the runaround by a match fit and competent team.. might have something to do with it.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:23 pm

Just finished watching it. Disappointing outing and not much positives to draw. Especially disappointed with most of the youngsters. Apart from Boyata none of them showed any hunger.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Grob » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:51 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Just finished watching it. Disappointing outing and not much positives to draw. Especially disappointed with most of the youngsters. Apart from Boyata none of them showed any hunger.

Nimley, Guidetti and Tutte put in more effort when they came on than the first teamers they replaced.

Even Cunningham tried.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:51 am

Grob wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Just finished watching it. Disappointing outing and not much positives to draw. Especially disappointed with most of the youngsters. Apart from Boyata none of them showed any hunger.

Nimley, Guidetti and Tutte put in more effort when they came on than the first teamers they replaced.

Even Cunningham tried.

apart from Cunningham, I have to disagree mate. Thought they all were surprisingly half arsed with their efforts. I mean what did they actually do? Nimley had some nice touches and seems technically good enough but lacked effort, Tutte seemed to be wondering around aimlesly and Guidetti tried to harass defenders a little bit but his movement was off and seemed quite unfit considering he has been playing in Sweden all summer.

I don't want to be too harsh on young lads after a pointless friendly but these are the kind of games where you'd expect these youngsters to show how desperate they are to make impression on manager. For senior players it's just about building fitness.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Fish111 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:01 pm

Didn't watch it as i never watch friendlies. They are just glorified training sessions and i have better things to do tbh. August 14th is when i will start to get interested in footy once more.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:30 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:

perhaps not being match fit, it being very humid and hot and all his mates being given the runaround by a match fit and competent team.. might have something to do with it.

...best agree to disagree - they were same faults as throughout last season - it seemed more attitude and 'being arsed' than fitness
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum