Jonno (The Original One!)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Jonno (The Original One!)

Postby xavi6 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:36 pm

Good interview with him on the OS. He's good to listen to and seems glad to be back.

Fingers are firmly crossed.

http://mcfc.co.uk/Video/Latest-Videos

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Zab

Re: Jonno (The Original One!)

Postby Kladze » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:41 pm

Would really love to see him fully fit and in form playing in a good side - be a while yet though.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:49 pm

as suggested by some seriously well informed and brilliant analisers of players best attributes, surely Johnno would be best just hanging up his boots and save us all the misery of watching him try to make a comeback, after all he probably was never at the level we now need anyway. I would even suggest city just take matters out of his hands anyway and swap him for someone marginally less of a liability ( in terms of goals conceded from mistakes on his side of the field ).

I always thought Johnno had potential that started with his vision, but just of late i really have been persuaded by those that clearly know what they are talking about.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Blue Blood » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:01 pm

Johnno is class and will come good.

He's got everything to succeed at the highest level if he puts his injuries behind him.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:05 pm

To be fair, he looks fitter than he has been in three or four years.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:12 pm

I really want to see him make it and he definitely can.
Original Dub

Postby The Man In Blue » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:13 pm

for all the players we have (and will) signed, i think MJ winning back his place in the side would be the thing i would buzz off most.
The Man In Blue

Postby Burt » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:25 pm

brite blu sky wrote:as suggested by some seriously well informed and brilliant analisers of players best attributes, surely Johnno would be best just hanging up his boots and save us all the misery of watching him try to make a comeback, after all he probably was never at the level we now need anyway. I would even suggest city just take matters out of his hands anyway and swap him for someone marginally less of a liability ( in terms of goals conceded from mistakes on his side of the field ).

I always thought Johnno had potential that started with his vision, but just of late i really have been persuaded by those that clearly know what they are talking about.

WTF?!!!!!!!!!!!
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt

Postby The Foggy Blue » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:30 pm

brite blu sky wrote:as suggested by some seriously well informed and brilliant analisers of players best attributes, surely Johnno would be best just hanging up his boots and save us all the misery of watching him try to make a comeback, after all he probably was never at the level we now need anyway. I would even suggest city just take matters out of his hands anyway and swap him for someone marginally less of a liability ( in terms of goals conceded from mistakes on his side of the field ).

100% Agree. As you have noted, other infinitely more knowledgable posters have already posited their view that Johnson should just hang up his boots. Why even hope at all? It makes more sense for him to just give up on having a football career and he should instead follow his real dream - to open a chippy.

Thanks for the insight lads (on the 'midfield general' thread).
The Foggy Blue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby WidnesBlue23 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:03 pm

It would be amazing if he can develop into the player we thought he would. Injuries though is a huge huge problem, he is looking a lot trimmer compared to last season and will only learn from our new players, I would love to see him get back into the side on merit but we have to be realistic, this will take time if it ever happens
WidnesBlue23
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

My favourite player is: Craig Bellamy

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:18 pm

If he forces his way back into the first team that would indeed be very special given the talent he would have to get past to get a game.I would just wish him well and hope he makes it to full fitness and doesn't get an injury like these last 2 ever again.

He was and will still be a talented lad and only time will tell how talented but from what I have seen and heard if he doesn't make it it won't be for the lack of trying.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:24 pm

The Foggy Blue wrote:

100% Agree. As you have noted, other infinitely more knowledgable posters have already posited their view that Johnson should just hang up his boots. Why even hope at all? It makes more sense for him to just give up on having a football career and he should instead follow his real dream - to open a chippy.

Assume thats directed at me, obv the bit your referring to was tongue in cheek, i personally dont see what Johnson has done to get this cult status he seems to have here. Il support him as much as any player but he wont get anymore praise than any of the others that have come through the ranks, because in my opinion he has done nothing to deserve it except try to piss his career away when he got his big fat contract. This isnt a Paul lake situation here....
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:28 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
The Foggy Blue wrote:

Assume thats directed at me, obv the bit your referring to was tongue in cheek, i personally dont see what Johnson has done to get this cult status he seems to have here. Il support him as much as any player but he wont get anymore praise than any of the others that have come through the ranks, because in my opinion he has done nothing to deserve it except try to piss his career away when he got his big fat contract. This isnt a Paul lake situation here....

We're talking about Michael Johnson mate. Not sure where the Ireland thread is.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:33 pm

MaseCTID wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
The Foggy Blue wrote:

at least ireland has played more than 5 decent games for us! Im not gona agree or disagree on ireland, but thats a different days work...
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Adam Johnson's Big Toe » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:02 pm

I think Johno has grown up mentally, he's been so close to losing what most people dream of. When it's almost/or taken away from you it can really open your eyes as I personally found out a couple of years ago. Yes, he's done his fair share of binge drinking, but you can blame some of that from our City culture with the likes of Barton etc having there own way due to weak management in years gone past.

Cut the guy some slack, I personally think if he can overcomecome his injuries, with time, he could and l hope he will be a massive asset to Manchester City Football Club.

Oh, it would seem our current owners and management staff seem to think the same........Guess what, they see him now day in day out and how much effort he's putting into his rehab'..... So just get off the young lads back!!
Adam Johnson's Big Toe
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: carlos tevez

Postby blue 68 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:31 pm

Well I'm dreaming the dream at the mo, if we can have two young English lads by the same name tearing up the prem we'll shut up another bunch of tossers in the media.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
blue 68
De Jong's Tackle

Postby dazby » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:52 am

Adam Johnson's Big Toe wrote:I think Johno has grown up mentally, he's been so close to losing what most people dream of. When it's almost/or taken away from you it can really open your eyes as I personally found out a couple of years ago. Yes, he's done his fair share of binge drinking, but you can blame some of that from our City culture with the likes of Barton etc having there own way due to weak management in years gone past.

Cut the guy some slack, I personally think if he can overcomecome his injuries, with time, he could and l hope he will be a massive asset to Manchester City Football Club.

Oh, it would seem our current owners and management staff seem to think the same........Guess what, they see him now day in day out and how much effort he's putting into his rehab'..... So just get off the young lads back!!

NO worries Michael.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:18 am

Adam Johnson's Big Toe wrote:I think Johno has grown up mentally, he's been so close to losing what most people dream of. When it's almost/or taken away from you it can really open your eyes as I personally found out a couple of years ago. Yes, he's done his fair share of binge drinking, but you can blame some of that from our City culture with the likes of Barton etc having there own way due to weak management in years gone past.

That's all well and good but this is not social security office, this is professional football club and one in the top end of the scale as well.

I'm sure everyone hopes he will make it but truth is he has very little room for error and it's time to move forward from his problems.

This is also case of massive double standards. While other players are ousted for their party boy culture, some others are given endless amount of chances. Personally I'd move on any player whose head is not in it. Michael has great chance to show his skills to new regime now (i don't think current management have ANY opinion of him as they haven't seen him play) but is also under pressure to do it.

Some of the childish comments on this topic just goes to show that people rather look for background of the player rather than what he is doing for the club. In Michaels case it has not been lot in past few years. Here's for hoping it will all change now though.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby bluechester » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:38 am

Dubciteh wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
The Foggy Blue wrote:

at least ireland has played more than 5 decent games for us! Im not gona agree or disagree on ireland, but thats a different days work...

personally think that johnson is a better prospect than ireland, if he comes back to show us is anouther matter, but at the time when he was playing when sven was in charge on talent alone johnno was head & shoulders above ireland In my opinion
bluechester
Superman's Underpants

Postby sandman » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:11 am

Last chance saloon, if he doesnt come up with the goods this season then I want him off the books, I am fed up with singing the praises of a player who never plays. I appreciate his potential brilliance, but if he isnt going to reach it then its pointless having city throw money at him just for him to drink it.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum