World Cup Final Match Thread- Holland vs Spain

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: World Cup Final Match Thread- Holland vs Spain

Postby Abu Dhabi » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:33 am

Doomy.. Bitterness is spilling out of your nose..

Could you answer those two questions properly.. Straight to the point..

1) Didn't De Jong and V.Bommel deserve to be sent off 1st half?
2) List me the incidents where the Spanish dived? Other than the sending off where I thought it was the right decision. Tell me.

And have a straight face and tell me the Spanish didn't create more chances and didn't deserve to win..
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby dazby » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:34 am

I thought Howard Webb did a great job under very very trying conditions. He did his best to keep all players on the field and fair enough.

I was intrigued by the tactical battle. Holland did a trememdous job blunting the Spanish attack. The tactical battle was really interesting with some fantastic substitutions.

The better team won although it so easily could have been the other way.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:26 pm

Abu Dhabi wrote:Doomy.. Bitterness is spilling out of your nose..

Could you answer those two questions properly.. Straight to the point..

1) Didn't De Jong and V.Bommel deserve to be sent off 1st half?
2) List me the incidents where the Spanish dived? Other than the sending off where I thought it was the right decision. Tell me.

And have a straight face and tell me the Spanish didn't create more chances and didn't deserve to win..

Here are some proper answers...since you asked for them:

Yes NDJ deserved a red for kicking that unshaven former scouse cunt in the chest.

van Bommel could be dismissed from every match he plays in if it's referred by some of the preciously protective mentalities presented in the feedback i've seen from some people on this site in the last 24 hours. It's as if it's criminal activity...the same happens in other sports. When a beautiful, graceful player meets one who is committed mentally and physically to changing their game, something has to give. van Bommel didn't take his team to the CL final because he's a dirty, cheating turd. He didn't deserve to be sent off in the first half. or any other half of that match. I know plenty of football fans who love van Bommel's style and approach to the game. It's classic. Perhaps it bothers you tho, and that's ok. But don't act like he's undignified or a thug. He isn't.

Listing the incidents where the spanish dived would take me all day dude. How can you look at what they did and not see them flopping all over when they were barely touched? Iniesta doesn't even get fouled for that 2nd yellow yet somehow you think that's ok that it was the right decision? Wobble. Your. Head.

If i was unemployed i'd sit back with a copy of the match and make a Spanish diving clip of every disgraceful collapse to some really fruity flamenco music. It would be fascinating to watch.

Ironically, if Robben had smartly gone down under Puyol's challenge he'd have gotten Puyol sent off. Makes for a great "what if?" i suppose. Again, if i am Robben i don't go down because i want to score and win the match. But he's getting stick in some media circles for it.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Kladze » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:35 pm

Doomy ........ got to say it "You've lost it" :-D
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Twobob » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:50 pm

dazby wrote:I thought Howard Webb did a great job under very very trying conditions. He did his best to keep all players on the field and fair enough.

I was intrigued by the tactical battle. Holland did a trememdous job blunting the Spanish attack. The tactical battle was really interesting with some fantastic substitutions.

The better team won although it so easily could have been the other way.

Dazby, I agree with you - I'm not Mr Webbs biggest fan as we've been on the end of some of his more - imaginative - descisions, however I'm very impressed with the way he handled the situation last night - the Dutch basically just wanted to wade in hard, probably thought that they got away with everything earlier in the world cup so why not, Webb missed one or two things later but he didnt miss anything too contreversal and I dont think he bought anything they tried to fein.

As for NDJ's challenge, yes perhaps a Red - but then we'd have been talking how it ruined the game blah blah blah, right descision in my book and if the Dutch had taken thier chances then they'd have had a good shout - but they didnt so they blame the ref - the mind boggles but thats football and diversionary tacticts away from the fact that the chances they should have taken they messed up on and Roben should have scored his first 1on1 but the moment must have gotten to him. Even the seccond chance, he was through and the descision to 'Play Advantage' was gladly taken until he messed it up ...

Good Win Spain, well done!
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby fangsanalsatan » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:28 pm

[youtube]PtSaCrXnX2E[/youtube]

Why did I miss this? Did FIFA try to brush this under the carpet again? They should admit when their security jokers fall asleep and let the viewers have some fun for christ's sake.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:57 pm

Kladze wrote:Doomy ........ got to say it "You've lost it" :-D

have not.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby 9secondlegend » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:19 pm

fangsanalsatan wrote:[youtube]PtSaCrXnX2E[/youtube]

Why did I miss this? Did FIFA try to brush this under the carpet again? They should admit when their security jokers fall asleep and let the viewers have some fun for christ's sake.

ooooooooooooooh so near to touching it ....yet so far!!
9secondlegend

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Kladze » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:20 am

DoomMerchant wrote:

have not.

cheers

I believe the correct riposte is ........

Have too

cheers ;-)
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:21 am

Kladze wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

have not.

cheers

I believe the correct riposte is ........

Have too

cheers ;-)

let me just elaborate a bit more and say

Have. Not.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum