Jo..

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Jo..

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:11 am

Alright, we know he's the Brazilian Samaras & most of us would personally drive him to wherever (& pay for the fuel) BUT..

before we signed him, he was actually a highly rated player, not just by Frank's money launderers but by many in Brazil, & those of us who saw him play for the Russians, especially in Europe, were for the most part pretty impressed with what looked like a quality allround striker.

One of his absolute quality performances was against..Inter Milan. He was excellent & caused them all kinds of shit.

Question is: If you were Mancini, would you not want to have a good look at such a player pre season & try to figure out why it's all gone pear shaped, before discarding him?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Re: Jo..

Postby Wooders » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:17 am

not got the heart for it, nor the talent - would say keep him on but with the 25 man rule he's a waste of a spot
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby ross.mcfc » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:33 am

A simple no for me. He has had two clubs in the premiership and been sent packing by both. Hughes and Moyles might not be everyones cup of tea but they are a judge of a good premiership style player and Jo didnt cut for us or Everton.

What you might see is him coming back, playing a few games have Mancini talk him up then ship him out for a better price than we might get right now. I remember Sven doing the same with Corradi.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby simon12 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:33 am

If he could pass a ball like he passes nightclubs he`d be brilliant.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby ant london » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:37 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Alright, we know he's the Brazilian Samaras & most of us would personally drive him to wherever (& pay for the fuel) BUT..

before we signed him, he was actually a highly rated player, not just by Frank's money launderers but by many in Brazil, & those of us who saw him play for the Russians, especially in Europe, were for the most part pretty impressed with what looked like a quality allround striker.

One of his absolute quality performances was against..Inter Milan. He was excellent & caused them all kinds of shit.

Question is: If you were Mancini, would you not want to have a good look at such a player pre season & try to figure out why it's all gone pear shaped, before discarding him?

Now, hear me out.

I actually do still thing we could get some value back out of Santa Cruz but I would understand if we shipped him out (and, we would likely get an ok fee for him as, despite the fact that he didn't score in South Africa he looked largely quite talented and figured in a team that did well)

Jo, however, as things stand, is pretty much valueless with reference to what we paid for him.

If I were the club/Mancini, what on earth do I have to lose by saying to him that he has a clean slate and a chance to prove himself? Worst case we confirm him as a waste of space and ship him out for peanuts.....best case is that we get a "new" player who could potentially contribute this season.

That said, in order to be in the running for the second option he would have to look bloody magical in advance of the end of August. I don't think it's likely but I wouldn't close my mind to it
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:38 am

simon12 wrote:If he could pass a ball like he passes nightclubs he`d be brilliant.

Hmm don't think you quite got that right but we know what you mean..
He can't pass a nightclub and can't pass a ball.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:55 am

ant london wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Alright, we know he's the Brazilian Samaras & most of us would personally drive him to wherever (& pay for the fuel) BUT..

Now, hear me out.

I actually do still thing we could get some value back out of Santa Cruz but I would understand if we shipped him out (and, we would likely get an ok fee for him as, despite the fact that he didn't score in South Africa he looked largely quite talented and figured in a team that did well)

Jo, however, as things stand, is pretty much valueless with reference to what we paid for him.

If I were the club/Mancini, what on earth do I have to lose by saying to him that he has a clean slate and a chance to prove himself? Worst case we confirm him as a waste of space and ship him out for peanuts.....best case is that we get a "new" player who could potentially contribute this season.

That said, in order to be in the running for the second option he would have to look bloody magical in advance of the end of August. I don't think it's likely but I wouldn't close my mind to it

I don't agree with RSC but rest of your post is spot on. I think Mancini will take a good look at him at training. I mean what is there to lose anymore? It's not like his value could plummet anymore.

I saw him fair few times In European games and he was really really good. I also saw him in olympics and again he was brilliant. I mean really looked like top top prospect. And you don't get caps for Brazil as striker for being complete and utter joke. The talent IS there, that I'm positive off. However I do think he lacks the mental strength. Still, there is extremely distant possibility he might have sorted his head out and realised he needs to start working to get his career back on track. Granted, that is not very likely but that talent merits at least a look in training and perhaps in some preseason friendly.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Wooders » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:21 am

as I say I would normally agree but the 25 man rule stifles us somewhat
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ian494 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:26 am

Wooders wrote:as I say I would normally agree but the 25 man rule stifles us somewhat

The 25 man rule only comes into effect at the end of August so we have 2 months to either get him to play or at least get him in the shop window.

I can see him being shipped out to someone desperate on the 31st August myself.
ian494
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:44 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
simon12 wrote:If he could pass a ball like he passes nightclubs he`d be brilliant.

Hmm don't think you quite got that right but we know what you mean..
He can't pass a nightclub and can't pass a ball.

Stan Bowles eh? 'If he could pass a betting shop like he could pass a ball he wouldn't have half the problems'.

I rated Jo very highly until I saw him play. If it's Torres, Dzeko, Ibrahimovic or Jo for the last striker spot I'll have to think about that one.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:12 pm

Wooders wrote:as I say I would normally agree but the 25 man rule stifles us somewhat

True true

I have to say I'm not particularily looking forward seeing Jo fanny around the pitch for us.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Grob » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:17 pm

Jo used to make me both angry and laugh hysterically at the same time which takes some doing. How he would halfheartedly run onto passes, not chase defenders down, had an awful touch, held the ball up terribly, no pace etc.

Frank either saw that game where he scored 2 goals against Inter once or used the transfer of Jo to launder money

I regard him as a comedy figure, in the same vein as Sibierki, Corradi and, in the end, Samaras.
Grob

Postby Nickyboy » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:39 pm

could he be useful in Waffa League?

People have already said he looked in Europe for Russian club
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:50 pm

Every game this season (our make or break) is important - there are only so many starting / squad places and there is no space for indulging anyone on a 'lets have a look' basis - every game should be taken seriously and the EL. CC games can be used to give a chance to those already in the queue.

We need a team ethos / spirit and players willing to align their skills with some effort

Jo had his chance and he showed his worth - Everton fans I know did not want him back - even on the basis that we paid the wages!!

Expensive lesson - or was it laundering - whatever - we have serious business to do this season and have no time for playing about with wasters
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Return to The Maine Football forum