The Evil Empire begins to fall - evidence....

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The Evil Empire begins to fall - evidence....

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:32 pm

As much as I didnt believe it would happen, today I think I saw evidence of the genuine beginning of the end of the Evil Empire. I thought it was all bluster about a boycott, but it seems that the unthinkable really has really happened down the road.

My Mrs went to the Sport Relief game the other week, and despite my protestations about her visiting the swamp, she had to buy online through united's ticketing system. Funnily enough today, a flyer came through the post stating "Season tickets available for next season"

Firstly, it seems that they have descended to city's level in having to advertise to fill their ground, but more curious was the fact that I went on the MUFC website to double check her registration, which confirmed she had opted out of ALL marketing by email or post.

Desperate enough to break the law?

It seems the endless supply of mugs has finally run out. Good on those who have knocked it on the head in protest though, after the greedy cunts who preen around the pitch, owners like that are the true cancer of football.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Re: The Evil Empire begins to fall - evidence....

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:04 pm

hopefully soon their boardroom will resemble that scene from "downfall".
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby lythamblue » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:27 pm

Nice thoughts, but ..... their empire will only count as fallen when they stop winning trophies.

As long as they do by beating us in the last minute, we will have nothing to crow about and are starting to seem a bit daft constantly going on about how much money we have.

We do not support a financial institution, we support a football club. Trophies are what matter and trophies are what we all want to brag about. We still have to combine our expensive signings into a balanced winning team.

I agree that this would indicate that the clock is indeed 'ticking' but we may still have to wait before we start giving them back half of what they have given us over the years.

I am looking forward to that but we have achieved nothing to brag about yet.
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:18 pm

lythamblue wrote:Nice thoughts, but ..... their empire will only count as fallen when they stop winning trophies.

As long as they do by beating us in the last minute, we will have nothing to crow about and are starting to seem a bit daft constantly going on about how much money we have.

We do not support a financial institution, we support a football club. Trophies are what matter and trophies are what we all want to brag about. We still have to combine our expensive signings into a balanced winning team.

I agree that this would indicate that the clock is indeed 'ticking' but we may still have to wait before we start giving them back half of what they have given us over the years.

Spot on 100%.

Once our expensively assembled squad grows a pair and shows up in derby games, and we are lifting a pot or two, then we will earn the right to brag on that lot. Until then they still finished above us, and beat us 3 times last season - hurts like fcuk but that was the truth. Time we changed it, but until we do we are hardly in a position to lord it over them.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby shawzy » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:51 pm

lythamblue wrote:Nice thoughts, but ..... their empire will only count as fallen when they stop winning trophies.

Good post that..Nice to see abit of realism written...Peeps can crow all they like about our money but like you mention we have won naff all yet..I am very excited bout the season ahead though and reckon our squad have a very good chance of blooding us fans with a trophy..These new players will need to gell very quickly with the current squad but the quality we have bought i cant see that bein too much of a prob.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby rabbit » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:52 pm

the rags have built up such a massive global following over the last 15 years due to their exploitation of satellite TV and target marketing of television supporters that a few empty seats will have very little impact on their overall revenue streams. The Glazers know this and that is why they won't sell.

The green and yellow dicks wil still ( pay to ) watch them on the box and this is where the Premier League teams attract the majority of their income.

utd almost demolished 2 generations of potential young City supporters over the last 15 / 20 years due to their on field success and this is a challenge City will face over the lifetime of everyone on this board. Whatever we think of their armachair / pub / internet fans, they aren't en masse going to support anyone else. Although to see empty seats on MOTD will be very fucking funny. Any talk of a demise at the swamp will simply mean top 4, not top 1 every fuckin year.

I enjoy having a laugh at some of the contradictory arguments the rags put together concerning ownership / debt / blah shit blah, but to be honest the biggest threat to utd's future is the resignation of sir taggart. Thats their biggest challenge. Of course he is a cunt, but lets face it, whatever team the twat puts out they don't give up. Look at our 3 derby defeats last year.

So, skint rags without baconface will be fun. but the cunts won't go under.
rabbit
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Danny Mills' Wages

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Diego Armando Maradona

Postby SORTED » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:06 pm

rabbit wrote:
....So, skint rags without baconface will be fun. but the cunts won't go under.

I beg to differ rabbit. Trafford Rangers are well and truly up financial shit creek, and there's not a paddle in sight.

If my memory serves me right they just managed to break even last year and that was with the money they made from the Tranaldo sale!

Now that they've stopped supplementing their squad with a quality addition or two each season - maybe they'll have to sell the odd high profile player to help service debt repayments - I predict that it's only a matter of time before the rot sets in.

As soon as it does I foresee such a rapid fall from grace that it will make the Leeds United Fiasco of a few years ago seem mild in comparison.

Tick fuckin tock baby...yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh.
SORTED

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:17 am

SORTED wrote:
rabbit wrote:

I beg to differ rabbit. Trafford Rangers are well and truly up financial shit creek, and there's not a paddle in sight.

If my memory serves me right they just managed to break even last year and that was with the money they made from the Tranaldo sale!

Now that they've stopped supplementing their squad with a quality addition or two each season - maybe they'll have to sell the odd high profile player to help service debt repayments - I predict that it's only a matter of time before the rot sets in.

As soon as it does I foresee such a rapid fall from grace that it will make the Leeds U***d Fiasco of a few years ago seem mild in comparison.

we've got zero room to brag, gloat or celebrate. End of.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Kladze » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:20 am

DoomMerchant wrote:

Yet ......
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby SORTED » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:53 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
SORTED wrote:
rabbit wrote:

As soon as it does I foresee such a rapid fall from grace that it will make the Leeds U***d Fiasco of a few years ago seem mild in comparison.

cheers

Maybe you haven't the 'room' Doomy but thousands of Blues would be ecstatic to see the aforementioned scenario pan out. Period.

Cheers back at ya
SORTED

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:17 am

Kladze wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Yet ......

exactly...let's earn something then brag
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby SORTED » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:25 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Kladze wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Yet ......

Too right we can brag when win summat, but for now...well in the very near future, we can celebrate the demise of the scum.

Surely even the yanks celebrate the downfall of arch enemies Doom?
SORTED

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:52 am

SORTED wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Kladze wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Yet ......

Too right we can brag when win summat, but for now...well in the very near future, we can celebrate the demise of the scum.

Surely even the yanks celebrate the downfall of arch enemies Doom?

of course. But they are nowhere near downfall. Honestly, they are, and listen to the words i'm using carefully, the MOST POPULAR FOOTBALL CLUB IN THE WORLD BY A MILE.

relax. Get ready for the season dude...it's going to be...awesome. I want to enjoy City, not dwell on what they *might* do in 3-5 years time.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:42 am

Being Salford born and having to deal with these arrogant twats all my life I have no problems dividing my interests between total commitment to CITY and total delight at observing the decay of the shithouses at the swamp.

My interests in CITY are beyond mere obsession and have been through the last 40 odd years, only the last few of which I had ever thought that we are likley to ever win anything in my remaining lifetime

My detestation of all things scum is also way beyond obsession and is totally unrelated to our sudden opportunity to rise - I would be taking equal delight in obsering their fall even if we had never beaten Gillingham that day (all this good stuff would never of happened)

Totally separate subjects and yes - I really to feel that they are on the wane - I enjoy this spectacle very much and do not need to restrain or temper my feelings with some connection to CITY's success

People on this forum talk about hating the rags - others talk about indifference to them - but I would suspect that there are not that many genuine dyed in the wool haters who share the obsession level. That is why I have smiled when people relate hating rags to bad-mouthing ex-scum players - that is only facile in the main - ex-players are only really tainted if they are incarnations of the scum arrogance - Keane, Neville sisters etc.

It is the arrogant empire and its shallow arrogant fans, along with the twat of a manager and his acolytes (Bruce etc) and the media that I hate - and it is a joy to see it start to crumble - I am just hoping for the 'tipping point' to be reached soon so that it becomes unstoppable
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john68 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:46 am

Doomie.
I understand and respect your points about enjoying City now and your comments about the rags mate but you have to understand that the majority of City fans have never known a time when City were the superior local team/club.

On top of too many years of disappointment, Younger city fans have been forced to suffer the heartache of the daily insults from rags. Is it so wrong for city fans to take any opportunity to fight back and plant the seed of fear into their arrogant heads?

Regarding their popularity, They are no longer oversubscribed by 10,000 fans for each game, they are having difficulty filling the swamp. These fans were their hardcore support, the ones that went.
Football fans are notoriously fickle, and as they fail, so will their bandwagon wither. It is pissing them off and they fear that it may well be us that takes their place. Even the possibility of a City rise frightens them. Is it wrong to help them along with their fears?
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:43 am

john68 wrote:Doomie.
I understand and respect your points about enjoying City now and your comments about the rags mate but you have to understand that the majority of City fans have never known a time when City were the superior local team/club.

On top of too many years of disappointment, Younger city fans have been forced to suffer the heartache of the daily insults from rags. Is it so wrong for city fans to take any opportunity to fight back and plant the seed of fear into their arrogant heads?

Regarding their popularity, They are no longer oversubscribed by 10,000 fans for each game, they are having difficulty filling the swamp. These fans were their hardcore support, the ones that went.
Football fans are notoriously fickle, and as they fail, so will their bandwagon wither. It is pissing them off and they fear that it may well be us that takes their place. Even the possibility of a City rise frightens them. Is it wrong to help them along with their fears?

i'm not trying to be overly critical John, and i surely don't have any Manc street cred to trot out. My point is simply that the reports of their death are greatly exaggerated. I share the viewpoint another poster mentioned, that hopefully a tipping point occurs and i see kids in my neighborhood wearing City shirts and not scum tops, cuz when that happens you'll know it's truly curtains for a generation or so. Trust me...being an American, no -- better stated -- living in the US, as a City fan is peculiar at best with the love of the Sky 4 here. even with us being the richest fuclers in the world, etc. the filth are all around. everywhere. all day. There are some informed football fans, but strangely they almost always support Liverpool or Arsenal. Anyone of a Caribbean decent seems to support Arsenal -- i believe it's because of Henry alone. And white people love either Liverpool or filth. Asians always, i mean, to a fuclin fault, love the scum.

just offering my view from across the pond. you ole wanker. ;)

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby ross.mcfc » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:32 am

Every pre season it’s the same ‘They are running scared’ type threads.

I heard it when Sven took over – The same season they won the CL and the League

I heard it when the Shiek took over – Just a Premiership and CL final for them that year.

I heard it last season when they sold their best player and we took one of their key players – 2nd and took it to the last day as well as taking 6 points off us and knocking us out of a semi final which represented the best chance of us ever winning a trophy in my life time.

One thing United have right now in their side which money cant buy is team spirit and knowing how to win trophies. I support a football team not a bank balance and as long we they are finishing way ahead of us and winning trophies every season they will continue to lord it over us.
ross.mcfc

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:39 am

ross.mcfc wrote:Every pre season it’s the same ‘They are running scared’ type threads.

I heard it when Sven took over – The same season they won the CL and the League

I heard it when the Shiek took over – Just a Premiership and CL final for them that year.

I heard it last season when they sold their best player and we took one of their key players – 2nd and took it to the last day as well as taking 6 points off us and knocking us out of a semi final which represented the best chance of us ever winning a trophy in my life time.

One thing U***d have right now in their side which money cant buy is team spirit and knowing how to win trophies. I support a football team not a bank balance and as long we they are finishing way ahead of us and winning trophies every season they will continue to lord it over us.

eggsackly. I'm bored of hearing how "close" we are or how much they have/are/will-be falling. They have a manager, a culture and a squad that wins. We are building that. Can't wait to take 6 pts off them and knock them out of a cup semi so that we can really herald our arrival.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Slim » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:46 am

We have taken 6 points off them, the time when we CAN lord it over them is when we win the fucking league or the champions league. Everything else is fucking garbage and quite frankly we are close right now to CATCHING them, but even if we finish 2nd and they finish 3rd, WHOOP DE FUCKING DO, second isn't winning, it's finishing as first fucking loser....it's doing a Doomie, and I will be fucked if I am satisfied with losing, even if it's not as badly as they lost. This league contains 3 tiers: 1st, losers who will be in the league next season and losers who won't.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:24 am

The Evil Empire fans have taken great delight in running us down at the slightest opportunity all my life(often unjustly), and there is nothing wrong with reciprocating the arrangement whenever possible now.

Your own club's situation is irrelevant when you have the opportunity to have a pop at someone else, and well-chosen insults hit home hard.

Season tickets do seem to be on open sale at the Swamp and this is indeed a major disaster for them - after their much-vaunted waiting list - and should be treated as such.

What City have or have not won is irrelevant! They still went for us when they went 25 years without a title.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum