Bojinov signs for Parma

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Bojinov signs for Parma

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:52 pm

Vhero wrote:Fucking rags destroyed his City career I reckon he would have scored some mint goals for us and now we will never know. Ah well at least it frees us his wages up and one of those slots.

No. 9 shirt.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:11 pm

Is anyone else a little disappointed by this?

We pay money for the guy, he spends a long time on full wages on the treatment table, gets loaned off somewhere else then when it seems he's ready to play he's sold off for what is no doubt a nominal fee?

I understand that the situation the club is in will force them to make a loss on this kind of situation, but it's more the thought that we may not see many players get a chance to shine which worries me going forward.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Burt » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:27 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Is anyone else a little disappointed by this?

We pay money for the guy, he spends a long time on full wages on the treatment table, gets loaned off somewhere else then when it seems he's ready to play he's sold off for what is no doubt a nominal fee?

I understand that the situation the club is in will force them to make a loss on this kind of situation, but it's more the thought that we may not see many players get a chance to shine which worries me going forward.

Thought we got more or less what we paid for him mate and with the strikers we got at the moment, I can't see the lad gettin many games.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:41 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Is anyone else a little disappointed by this?

If he was a big name then I don't think we'd have been the same with him. I never seen the hype that everybody else did and with his record of less than 15 games and less than 5 goals in 2 years, then I have no problem in him seeking pastures new. I also seem to remember him saying that he was looking to go back to Italy, just as we got him, so there was no real commitment from him from day one.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:16 pm

Scored a couple of nice goals in 2 seasons. I have no animosity towards him, but in addition to him making rsc seem like the incredible hulk, his record with us also makes big Phil look like the real Ronaldo.

Why do those two cop it and valeri ( the only one of the 3 that actually doesn't want to play for us ) get a free pass?
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby dazby » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:05 am

Thanks for nothing Valeri, it's been emotional.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby psut1 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:21 am

he scored 8 from 25 apps last season and they missed uefa by 1 place
"I scored after 19 minutes a "bluemoon" goal - David White picked it up, he saw me standing alone, he crossed and I hammered it home. The moon had turned gold"
(Niall Quinn the autobiography)
psut1
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:44 am

psut1 wrote:he scored 8 from 25 apps last season and they missed uefa by 1 place

And hardly ever played full 90 minutes. I watched him with interest last season and he looked brilliant BUT he is like good Lee Croft, completely lacks fitness.

I stand by my original opinion though, if (and that's a massive IF) he manages to stay fit and gets himself in great shape, he'll be good for 15 to 20 goals in Serie A and in similar condition would've been very good second striker for us in the past. Obviously we have moved on so much that he'd struggle to get a game for us no matter what.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby CitizenYank » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:47 am

Wish for the best.... hardly ever saw him healthy enough to play though.
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:32 am

£5M - if true - is pretty good business and Parma say they have been trying to agree a fee for 6 months. Maybe we're not such a soft touch on selling anymore?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby rabbit » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:18 pm

I saw the Boj come on for the last 15 mins or so when he made his debut at West Ham away in Sven's first game. He looked fucking awesome and a complete powerhouse. I was on the front row.

Was sat 15 yards away from him when he damaged his cruciate against the rags at home.

Was 20 yards away from him when he injured himself in the warm up against Villa away 2 seasons ago. I only went to the Villa that day to see his return to be honest.

Saw him score against Stockport in a pre season friendly and his goal v Spurs showed just what an accomplished striker of the ball he was.

He looked to have so much potential that fucking surely he was worth keeping another year just to see exactly what he could do when fit. Its not like we can't afford it is it ?

Fuck it.
rabbit
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Danny Mills' Wages

My favourite player is: Diego Armando Maradona

Postby rabbit » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:18 pm

I saw the Boj come on for the last 15 mins or so when he made his debut at West Ham away in Sven's first game. He looked fucking awesome and a complete powerhouse. I was on the front row.

Was sat 15 yards away from him when he damaged his cruciate against the rags at home.

Was 20 yards away from him when he injured himself in the warm up against Villa away 2 seasons ago. I only went to the Villa that day to see his return to be honest.

Saw him score against Stockport in a pre season friendly and his goal v Spurs showed just what an accomplished striker of the ball he was.

He looked to have so much potential that fucking surely he was worth keeping another year just to see exactly what he could do when fit. Its not like we can't afford it is it ?

Fuck it.
rabbit
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Danny Mills' Wages

Postby rabbit » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:19 pm

Fuck it.
rabbit
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Danny Mills' Wages

Postby rabbit » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:09 pm

3 duplicate posts on my debut. Jesus.
rabbit
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Danny Mills' Wages

Postby Grob » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:14 pm

Shame, I would have liked to have seen what he could produce when surrounded by the players we have now. He may have proven to be out of his depth or got injured again but it would have been nice to find out one way or the other.

He could have been a handy squad player.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Grob » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:14 pm

Shame, I would have liked to have seen what he could produce when surrounded by the players we have now. He may have proven to be out of his depth or got injured again but it would have been nice to find out one way or the other.

He could have been a handy squad player.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:20 pm

Never has a guy who played or scored so little, been feted so much ny City fans. Never understood it myself. Good luck to the guy but the clock is ticking on his career and before he knows it he will go into the Duncan Ferguson category of "potential only" or the dreaded "on his day" mantra.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:30 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:Never has a guy who played or scored so little, been feted so much ny City fans. Never understood it myself. Good luck to the guy but the clock is ticking on his career and before he knows it he will go into the Duncan Ferguson category of "potential only" or the dreaded "on his day" mantra.

Yup, you can file him alongside Daniel Van Buyten in the file marked 'Myth'.

Glad he's off the wage bill to be honest, he's the biggest sick note we've ever had and yet for some reason seems to have achieved legendary status.

Seem to remember him angling for a move back to Italy after we had just nursed him back to health for 9 months after his first injury as well.

Bye Valeri.
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum