DAVID PRATT SPEAKS on MCFC.CO.UK

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: DAVID PRATT SPEAKS on MCFC.CO.UK

Postby david yearsley » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:53 pm

Just watched it and would like to see part 2 before forming a definitive opinion. Part one leaves no doubt of his ambivalence towards the club and fans and frankly this appointment will take some convincing for me . I for one sincerely hope his role is not unadjacent to that of a glorified translator and I can´t believe nor would abide his over involvement in terms of tactics and team selection. Therefore this is a judgement I entrust to Mancini for whatever reasons he sees fit. Yes we have the inalienable right to voice our opinions through this venerable(or venereal!) organ but the fanciful notion being banded about in some quarters that forums et al are going to change the managers or clubs mind on this one are preposterous. The owners appoint the manager and in doing so delegate backroom staff appointments solely to him. We shall have to wait and see on this one but I have grave reservations to say the least. If there are rumblings of discontent on the training ground or in the dressing room due to his methods or attitude action has to be taken. Friend or not Mancini has to draw clear lines in the sand as to where Platt´s responsibilities begin and end.
Perhaps Mancini´s first job on Mon is to reassure fans by explaining and justifying his decision (using Platt as his translator perhaps!) just to put a few minds at ease because we simply cannot have any signs of division or discord in this most crucial of seasons for our future hopes and aspirations
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby saulman » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:02 pm

Can anyone actually dig up a bunch of Platt hates City quotes?
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Blue Blood » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:04 pm

david yearsley wrote:Just watched it and would like to see part 2 before forming a definitive opinion. Part one leaves no doubt of his ambivalence towards the club and fans and frankly this appointment will take some convincing for me . I for one sincerely hope his role is not unadjacent to that of a glorified translator and I can´t believe nor would abide his over involvement in terms of tactics and team selection. Therefore this is a judgement I entrust to Mancini for whatever reasons he sees fit. Yes we have the inalienable right to voice our opinions through this venerable(or venereal!) organ but the fanciful notion being banded about in some quarters that forums et al are going to change the managers or clubs mind on this one are preposterous. The owners appoint the manager and in doing so delegate backroom staff appointments solely to him. We shall have to wait and see on this one but I have grave reservations to say the least. If there are rumblings of discontent on the training ground or in the dressing room due to his methods or attitude action has to be taken. Friend or not Mancini has to draw clear lines in the sand as to where Platt´s responsibilities begin and end.
Perhaps Mancini´s first job on Mon is to reassure fans by explaining and justifying his decision (using Platt as his translator perhaps!) just to put a few minds at ease because we simply cannot have any signs of division or discord in this most crucial of seasons for our future hopes and aspirations

Good post mate, written like fine poetry too.

Kudos.
Blue Blood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:27 pm

saulman wrote:Can anyone actually dig up a bunch of Platt hates City quotes?

That's probably not going to help matters is it?
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby saulman » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:32 pm

craigmcfc wrote:
saulman wrote:Can anyone actually dig up a bunch of Platt hates City quotes?

That's probably not going to help matters is it?

Nowt wrong with stirring the shit storm.

The season is weeks away and the next WC game isn't till Tuesday. With our targets already landed, what else is there to do?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:35 pm

Well I'd rather get excited about the new signings than waste my time on him, but each to their own, I'm definitely in the minority
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby saulman » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:43 pm

craigmcfc wrote:Well I'd rather get excited about the new signings than waste my time on him, but each to their own, I'm definitely in the minority

That's what other threads are for.
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:44 pm

saulman wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:Well I'd rather get excited about the new signings than waste my time on him, but each to their own, I'm definitely in the minority

Which? The other 2 slagging him off? Not having a dig at anyone in this thread (or the others), just giving my opinion
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby saulman » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:48 pm

craigmcfc wrote:
saulman wrote:

Which? The other 2 slagging him off? Not having a dig at anyone in this thread (or the others), just giving my opinion

I agree there's a bit of overkill on the whole Platt appointment. That's why I wanted to see something that he's actually said about us.
I must have missed every interview that he's bad mouthed us, but judging from the reaction on here.....he must have done.

Some quotes from the troll himself would allow me to form a more informed and poisened view.
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:49 pm

saulman wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:
saulman wrote:

I agree there's a bit of overkill on the whole Platt appointment. That's why I wanted to see something that he's actually said about us.
I must have missed every interview that he's bad mouthed us, but judging from the reaction on here.....he must have done.

Some quotes from the troll himself would allow me to form a more informed and poisened view.

Haha I think you may be right
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby blackburnblue » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:32 pm

If you want to spit at twat's fat face he's on tv now on the doc about the 1990 world cup.
blackburnblue
Robinho's Step Over

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum