Scouse 1 (or is it 2) the poor red ones

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Scouse 1 (or is it 2) the poor red ones

Postby blues-clues » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:05 pm

Their chairman is hoping for a quick sale despite not having had any offers. "We hope to sell before the end of the transfer window"

They are not looking to sell any prize assets, Yossi Benayoun was a "fringe" player. The Real stars will not be sold, Torres and Gerrard are not for sale, apparently they don't need to sell players to balance the books. "What we really need is someone who is can see the heritage in the club, the potential and ignore the decrepit stadium, the disillusioned squad and the gargantuan debt". "The best bid will not necessarily be the highest offer!". No mate the best bid will probably be the only offer! Their accounts are so bad they have to include an auditors comment questioning whether the business is a viable Going Concern.

As for Gillette & Hicks "Owning Liverpool football club has been a rewarding experience for us and our families!". I bet is has boys, you've racked up £350m in debt I don't suppose any of it went the way of Directors emoluments by any chance?"

It looks like panic to me. If they have not sold by the end of the transfer window I reckon there will be a fire sale to keep the banks at bay. This is not the right time to be selling a football club with very little future and greedy owners.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Return to The Maine Football forum